Scheduled Site Maintenance & Upgrade

t68

Not sure if any one else is having the problem,
But every time I post over the last couple of days it goes to a Defence talk having database problems, I tried to past a copy of what it was doing but would not let me copy and paste. But when I go back and press submit again it says it is a duplicate post then goes back to the thread.

Not sure if I have explained myself properly.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Not sure if any one else is having the problem,
But every time I post over the last couple of days it goes to a Defence talk having database problems, I tried to past a copy of what it was doing but would not let me copy and paste. But when I go back and press submit again it says it is a duplicate post then goes back to the thread.

Not sure if I have explained myself properly.
universal prob. I let web know yesterday and sent him a copy of the sql/php errors

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently, i missed a spot... the error has been fixed now.

Thank you for the feedback. :)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
DefenceTalk server will be under maintenance window 11/11/13 01:00 - 04:00 CST (GMT -0600)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
We maybe moving to new (upgraded) server soon (different datacenter location too, who knows?), don't know any dates yet.

With that, new website look and I might upgrade the forum too (and gallery), to vb5 or migrate to IPB or some other better and cheaper option.

Anyone have experience with IPB or Xenforo? Looking for user feedback, you may have seen these on other forums you frequent?

vbulletin5 is too buggy and very expensive so I am considering my options.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
DT moved to new server, please report any issues or broken links but for the most part, everything should working.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Folks,

DefenceTalk switched to HTTPS/SSL. If you notice any errors or 404 pages, please let me know!

In case of issues, make sure you clear your browser cache, and/or restart your computer if you can.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

bdique

Folks,

DefenceTalk switched to HTTPS/SSL. If you notice any errors or 404 pages, please let me know!

In case of issues, make sure you clear your browser cache, and/or restart your computer if you can.

thanks
Hi, have an issue with not being able to see my avatar, as well as those of some other members.

Any way I can fix this? Thanks!

Preceptor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, have an issue with not being able to see my avatar, as well as those of some other members.

Any way I can fix this? Thanks!
If your avatar is/was a custom picture, you might need to upload the avatar image again.
-Preceptor

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Switched to nginx webserver software, browsing the site should be much faster. please report any issues!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks FDD. Comment system enabled on articles as well (requires disqus, facebook/twitter/google accounts comments on articles are not integrated with the forum).

t68

hi guys

have you changed any of the site systems the last couple of days?
as the site seems very slow compared to its usual self, thought it might be my end and cleaned up a lot of files, but did not seem to do anything

cheers

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
T68, we're having some webserver issues... it is slower for last few days, however, we're working on the problem and should be fixed shortly!

t68

View attachment 6630

hi guys last couple of day I have been getting warning about certificate errors, never seen them before. Attached is a screen shot (hope I have done it right )

any idea what all this means?

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I have also noticed presentation issues over last 72 hours with how the site shows in the web browser. I use Opera. It won't let mevude any of the icons.