sark request permission to come aboard

sark

...I served 8 years in USMC...first 4 were hell, in Marine Barracks Hawaii [ hahahaha ]....next 4 out of Camp Lejeune as a mortarman....
...been reading WW2 for over 45 years .......but enjoy reading Old West history, all war history, etc
..my father wounded at Chosin with W 1-7......
..I am pro-common sense- no nonsense

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
...I served 8 years in USMC...first 4 were hell, in Marine Barracks Hawaii [ hahahaha ]....next 4 out of Camp Lejeune as a mortarman....
...been reading WW2 for over 45 years .......but enjoy reading Old West history, all war history, etc
..my father wounded at Chosin with W 1-7......
..I am pro-common sense- no nonsense
Welcome aboard @sark We don't worry about bed and / or kit inspections because most of us probably couldn't find either now. The galley and the heads are a different story. So your old man was at Chosin eh? Semper Fi.

We do have a set of rules that we require everyone to read, so please acquaint yourself with them. You will note that they are in pictures yet. We haven't figured out a way to draw them so that officers can understand them. This is an international forum with American participants being a minority, so it isn't US centric. We look forward to your contributions to the ongoing discussions. Watch the Aussies and Kiwis on here; they're both dodgy as hell. :cool:

sark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome aboard @sark We don't worry about bed and / or kit inspections because most of us probably couldn't find either now. The galley and the heads are a different story. So your old man was at Chosin eh? Semper Fi.

We do have a set of rules that we require everyone to read, so please acquaint yourself with them. You will note that they are in pictures yet. We haven't figured out a way to draw them so that officers can understand them. This is an international forum with American participants being a minority, so it isn't US centric. We look forward to your contributions to the ongoing discussions. Watch the Aussies and Kiwis on here; they're both dodgy as hell. :cool:
..I'll try not to get busted like I did in Hawaii......too drunk at the Navy E Club....threw my beer at the popcorn machine/etc..we had 5 Guard Companies that guarded Naval bases there.....but, they got rid of a lot of Marine Barracks, Security, and Sea Duty since then
....you guys are super knowledgeable......I'm more into the historical aspect...I'll try to keep up
..yes, my dad got lucky!!! he got hit 3 Dec.....somewhere around Fox Hill....he didn't have to hump all the way back to the coast....he was flown out to Japan...but later, went back to Korea

Last edited: