Russian Navy Discussions and Updates

mick.elst

Admiral Kuznetsov

I'm currently building a model of this ship in scale 1/72. I'm on the look out for very close up pictures of the ship. I don't need any more overall pictures. What I'm on the look out for are images that show detail of the ship hull and superstructure and around the ship itself. I'm no spy so stuff that is restricted I understand.
If you wish to see follow the link - http://picasaweb.google.com/Mick.Elst
Mick

AegisFC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I'm currently building a model of this ship in scale 1/72. I'm on the look out for very close up pictures of the ship. I don't need any more overall pictures. What I'm on the look out for are images that show detail of the ship hull and superstructure and around the ship itself. I'm no spy so stuff that is restricted I understand.
If you wish to see follow the link - http://picasaweb.google.com/Mick.Elst
Mick
Welcome to the forum, and after looking at the pics you have so far, WOW!:D

You might want to look at this site.

http://maquetas.mforos.com/353336/6654206-sorpresita-en-el-estrecho/

Please post up more pics as you progress on this project. We have a scale model section and we'd love to see pics.

dragonfire

Move to Novorossiysk.

Well if Russia loses its Sevastpool base will it relocate assets to new bases which may come up in Yemen (Sokotra), Syria (Tartus), Libya (Tripoli), Vietnam (Kamran) etc. The first three looks feasible as the assets need only to relocate from the black sea to the mediterranean and onwards. But for the three bases to come up i doubt if the current assets depolyed would be enough and am sure once the base is given up Ukraine would want it to base larger no of assets whic could also need to be counter balnced by russia as such

SkolZkiy

Nobody will leave Sevastopol till 2017 and up to this time we'll what will happen with Ukraine. I doubt that Fleet will leave it.

dragonfire

Nobody will leave Sevastopol till 2017 and up to this time we'll what will happen with Ukraine. I doubt that Fleet will leave it.
Isnt the pro-western govt asking the russians to vacate the base before that time-frame, I think initialy the russians were stating tht the base itself was part of russia or some such stuff and then later acknowledged tht it was part of Ukraine itself.

Also this being a russian navy forum am surprised no one is actualy discussing about the plans for four foriegn bases as announced on 22ndJan09

link

http://www.mnweekly.ru/national/20090122/55364679.html

MOSCOW (RIA Novosti) - Establishing naval facilities in foreign countries will not replace Russia's Black Sea Fleet base in Sevastopol, former fleet commanders said on Tuesday.

Russian media recently reported that Russia was planning to set up naval facilities in Yemen (Sokotra), Syria (Tartus), Libya (Tripoli), Vietnam (Kamran), among other countries, in the next few years as an alternative to the Sevastopol base in Ukraine's Crimea.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reports were later denied, and finally stated that they were only possibilities, rather then concrete plans. With the current financial crisis, I don't see it happening any time soon.

SkolZkiy

In the end of 50s (if I'm right, I don't remember real year) Nikita Hrushev added Crimea to Ukraine by his own order but even then Sevastopol was a special city under Russian (RSFSR - РСФСР) control. It was never Ukraine territory. In 1997 was signed and ratified Big Agreement Between Russia and Ukraine - according to this agreement the borders between two countries were set as they are now and Russian fleet would be in Sevastopol up to 2017. If Ukraine dismantle this agreement then Russia will have a legal way to announce territorial claim for Crimea =)
That's why NOBODY WILL LEAVE CRIMEA till 2017 and then we'll what will be =))))

Russian highly-ranked militaries (commander-in-chief RuNAVY and Deputy of General Staff) said that RuNAVY if it has a need to be a bluewater (and it has this need) must have base in different parts of the world to defend national interests in far regions of the planet =) that's official. But what concrete places - nobody said.

dragonfire

The reports were later denied, and finally stated that they were only possibilities, rather then concrete plans. With the current financial crisis, I don't see it happening any time soon.
Any Links for the denial, also i was surprised tht the locations indicated included Libya and Syria - wonder how the US would react if such plans were ever to be progressed

dragonfire

Havent Syria and more thn that Libya been on the suspect list of US for years, or is it tht it would be easier for Russia to persuade such countries, also Vietnam which is where the US saw a major defeat - but i guess all this is a moot point since the news has been denied in the first place

SkolZkiy

Read my previous post =) and read more attentively news
"At this stage it is too early to talk about the geographic location of the basing points. Negotiations are under way with the governments of the countries in question. Any premature disclosure could have a negative impact on the course of these negotiations," Nogovitsyn said at the time.
according to this - all what was said is a bullshit except the fact of "Negotiations are under way"
US themselves often supported "doubtful" countries and governments and make decisions on what they need (IRAQ, AFGANISTAN), and as we saw on the example of Georgia - US and EU will say much but do nothing because they do the same things

dragonfire

Peter the Great in India :)

News Update

Russian navy ship in Goa
30 Jan 2009, 0212 hrs IST, TNN

PANAJI: The Russian Navy's nuclear-powered heavy missile cruiser Pyotr Veliky (Peter the Great) arrived at Mormugao port after participating in a
two-day naval exercise with the Indian Navy.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Goa/Russian_navy_ship_in_Goa/articleshow/4049538.cms

-

Indians will get to excercise with a russian nuc powered vessel - they have prviously done excercises with the USN i can t remember which carrier though in the Malabar series

wish i could go down to goa and take some pics :D

SkolZkiy

I doubt that this info is truthful - till some of VMF tell something. And I doubt that It will be JUST CVN carrying only AC. We have other doctrine and tactic of using Navy then US or UK.

nevidimka

This is the 1st picture that i can get of project 22350 DDG, for Russian Navy. From What I read, this project has evolved into 2 distinct versions. 1 as a Destroyer to replace Udaloy type destroyers, and a elongated version as a missile cruiser to replace the Slava type cruisers. It will have a twin barreled 155mm main gun, and also appears to have western style phased array radars for 360 degree cover.

Construction of the Destroyer class has already started at St.Petersburg, and will enter service in 2011.

This Destroyer is also being offered for joint venture for Indian Navy new destroyer project.

Brezhnev

This is not a russian project, this is Chinese function. :eek:nfloorl: Anyway the project 22350 is not DDG/CG is only a 4000t small frigate.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt that this info is truthful - till some of VMF tell something. And I doubt that It will be JUST CVN carrying only AC. We have other doctrine and tactic of using Navy then US or UK.
I think you're wrong. I suspect that it will indeed be a full carrier rather then a heavy cruiser with a/c. Even the USSR was moving on to a full carrier project when it collapsed. The cruisers were a compromise initially.