Pakistan Navy (PN) News, Updates & Discussions

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Re: New aircraft and frigates will strengthen defence

Yeah the new air crafts and fringes gonna improve Pak defence.But i am in doubt that F-16's are used Why Pakistan dont go for the newer one's or US have stopped the manufacturing of F-16's can any one give information that how long Pakistan is gonna fly that F-16's and when the life of these planes are comming to end.Plz i also wanna know the power,performance and ability of Fringes.
Mysterious plz mension you location i will be if you do this caz i dont know from which side you are either from the Indian side or from the Pakistani side.OR you are nuteral

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashifshahzad, please keep F-16s out of this thread. Your worries about the F-16s have been addressed in the PAF aircraft acquisition thread. As for the 'side' which I'm on, I dont take sides and try to be as neutral/unbiased as possible because I try my best to base my opinions on facts and real time knowledge and not emotions/patriotism. However, I'm a Pakistani FYI.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

mysterious said:
kashifshahzad, please keep F-16s out of this thread. Your worries about the F-16s have been addressed in the PAF aircraft acquisition thread. As for the 'side' which I'm on, I dont take sides and try to be as neutral/unbiased as possible because I try my best to base my opinions on facts and real time knowledge and not emotions/patriotism. However, I'm a Pakistani FYI.
I think the title says "New aircraft and frigates will strengthen defence" so F-16's do also come in aircrafts isnt it.

I dont get that whether the fringes are full fledge ships which can attack the enemy and go into the seas or they support the bigger ships

{Corsair Edit} The topic refers to martime aircraft and F-16s will only sprawl unnecessarily here. Also keep your spellings correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.A.F

I think the title says "New aircraft and frigates will strengthen defence" so F-16's do also come in aircrafts isnt it.
this topic is in the naval section. therefore we shouldn't be talking about the f-16 because it is not a naval aircraft. well it can be, but pakistan doesn't use them for naval purposes for what i know. what aircraft in this thread means is like P-3C orions and the rest.;)

aaaditya said:
isnt formidable class the custom built lafayette which france is constructing for singapore.:confused: :coffee
sorry,i've got this information from my singapore friend,maybe he's wrong.He also said that the formidable class also has a stealth-capability,is the F-22P also has it?

Last edited:

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro

formidable is scale down version of La Fayette and yes, it does posses the same stealth capability as the la fayette plus it's smaller size. it was armed with the Harpoons and the Aster 15 SAM. once operational, it will be the most advance warship in south east asia, a title currently hold by the RMN Jebat class frigates.

A

Aussie Digger

Do you consider Australia as part of the South East Asian area Awang Se? If so the RAN Adelaide Class FFG's (the 1st of the fleet has already been upgraded to this standard) with Harpoon Block II, SM-2 Block IV, ESSM, MU-90 Torpedo, Super Rapido 76mm Gun and Phalanx CIWS weapons fitout is a pretty formidable combination...

Even our ANZAC class is (or will be soon) reasonably well equipped with Mk45 Mod 2 5 Inch gun, Harpoon II (to be fitted to the fleet during 2005, 1st of fleet is already fitted), Penguin ASM's (to be operational 2005), ESSM, MU-90 torpedo and (to be fitted soon) Mistral close in SAM system...

knightrider4

Hey AD any idea if the Anzacs will be fitted with the CEA-FAR active phased array?

A

Aussie Digger

HMAS Parramatta has been, for the purposes of a 12 month trial. If successful and, I'd bet that the entire fleet plus the Air warfare destroyers will be fitted with this radar system. It certainly seems capable enough from what I've read. We'll have to wait and see however, if it fits the Australian Governments essential selection criteria of being cheap enough!!!

P.A.F

Mod edit: comment deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

P.A.F said:
This thread isn't ment to be about the austrailian navy;) . nor is it about ANZAC class ship. please keep to the topic
PAF, its the job of the Mods to work out whether topics are being distracted and off topic. Discussing platforms from other services can be appropriate. It's an ORBAT issue.

P.A.F

fine. just thought the topic was getting abit de-railed and off topic;)

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro

Do you consider Australia as part of the South East Asian area Awang Se?
how about joining ASEAN for a change?;)

the topic spelled "new aircraft and frigates will strengthen defence". there's no mention of specific nations so i guess it's free for all.:D

knightrider4

Of course we'd join ASEAN but it's that dodgy non-aggression pact that is probably the sticking point.

A

Aussie Digger

That's right, if we signed a non-aggression pact, we wouldn't be able to launch "pre-emptive strikes" on terrorists within our region. BWAHAHAHAHA. Like we've actually GOT the force structure or capability ANYWAY... :D

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro

BWAHAHAHA. and that means we can also launch pre-emptive strike on terrorist target in Australia.

Kidding,
back to topic,

i wonder if Aussie posses a ship launch ground attack missile with +100 km range onboard their frigates?

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awang se said:
how about joining ASEAN for a change?;)

the topic spelled "new aircraft and frigates will strengthen defence". there's no mention of specific nations so i guess it's free for all.:D
Ahem! Ahem! I think the opening article clearly states which 'country' is being talked about here. Taking this article wrt Australia would just ruin the discussion as its defense needs wrt sea are different from what the opening article stresses on for "Pakistan"!! :coffee

A

Aussie Digger

Harpoon Block II has a land strike capability (due to being fitted with a combined SLAM-ER/JDAM seeker package) and is fitted to HMAS Warramunga (ANZAC Class Frigate) with trials nearly finished and intended to be declared operational soon. The rest of the ANZAC fleet is to be equipped with Harpoon Block II by the end of 2005.

FFG class frigates to be equipped with Harpoon Block II as soon as the kits (ordered in 2004) are fitted to our existing Harpoon missile stocks. They should be online in 2005/6.

So in short the answer Awang is: Yes, they ALL are or soon will be... (And the range is actually 130k's...)

A

Aussie Digger

Knightrider, it is, (for the RAAF). We're talking about the RAN here... Though to Mysterious's obvious discomfort. :rolleyes: