Pakistan Army News and Discussions

aaaditya

by the way guys can someone tell me what type/calibre of anti material rifles or heavy sniper rifles does pakistani armed force have and provide some link regarding them?

have the pakistanis ever considered or evaluated the south african truvello or mechem anti material rifles(14.5mm and 20 mm).

here is the link for these guns www.world.guns.ru

are the pakistani armed forces evaluating /developing any integrated soldier systems like the african warrior,or the german or us or uk systems?

fieldmarshal

aaaditya said:
by the way guys can someone tell me what type/calibre of anti material rifles or heavy sniper rifles does pakistani armed force have and provide some link regarding them?

have the pakistanis ever considered or evaluated the south african truvello or mechem anti material rifles(14.5mm and 20 mm).
Mod edit: Watch the attitude mate. It's completely un-necessary.

i have given u better than a link i have posted a pic of an M 82 being used by an soldier n it does not get any havier than that an m-82
aaaditya said:

are the pakistani armed forces evaluating /developing any integrated soldier systems like the african warrior,or the german or us or uk systems?
well Pakistan is not in europe n our only enemy is india.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

aaaditya

fieldmarshal said:
cant u read or see? i have given u better than a link i have posted a pic of an M 82 being used by an soldier n it does not get any havier than that an m-82

well Pakistan is not in europe n our only enemy is india.;)
well in that case pleased to inform you that india is already looking at these integrated soldier systems,so pakistan has to start it.

i can very well read ,so no need to maintain that caustic attitude of yours.

the reason why iam interested in the heavy aliber gun is that it seems pretty old ,and since i believe that pakistan has good relations with south africa ,maybe they may also acquire the denel guns with transfer of technology.

there was a report in the indian media when the denel scandal broke out in india that south africa may try to foster even closer relationships with pakistan and offer them their 14.5 truvello and the 20mm guns.

so i just wanted to find out if there is truth in this news (since indian media cannot always be trusted with news regarding pakistan).

if true then it would be a very bad news for india if pakistan acquires these potent guns with tot.

chaoticsensatio

aaaditya said:

Pakistan already has developed SATS ( small arms target system) and one of its application is to enhance the infantry combat capability. for further details you can check the IDEAS 2005.

P.A.F

Pakistani Army News & Discussion

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006%5C06%5C02%5Cstory_2-6-2006_pg7_2

Friday, June 02, 2006

Deal signed with Bofors for missile repair
By Maryam Hussain

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has signed a contract with Swedish firm Saab Bofors to “repair and relife” short-range, anti-aircraft RBS-70 missiles after they were found to have outlived their specified shelf life of 15 years.

A total of 913 missiles used by the Air Defence Unit will be repaired as a part of this contract. The contract signed between Bofors and the Directorate General of Munitions Production will cost 69 million Swedish krone in foreign exchange and Rs 100 million in Pakistan currency.

Under the agreement, Bofors, the original manufacturers of these missiles, will provide ‘relifing kits and test equipment’. Local firm MS Precision Engineering Complex Karachi has been awarded a second contract for inspection and assembling of the 913 missiles over four years using the kits purchased from Bofors. The Ministry of Defence gave information about the contract to the National Assembly on Defence and Defence Production in one of its recent meetings. The Air Defence Unit of the Pakistan Army had asked the Directorate General of Munitions Production to arrange for the repair of the missiles. After deliberations, it was decided that the original manufacturers of the missile should be awarded the contract.

The Defence Ministry also told the NA body during its presentation that the deal would save the Pakistan Army $64 million. The RBS 70 missile is used by the Swedish armed forces and has also been exported to 12 countries besides Pakistan, including Australia, Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, UAE, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Norway, Singapore and Tunisia.

LordoftheLord

Banned Member
pakistan army AH-64

there has been alot of news about pakistan army Receiving some numbers of AH-64, but whats happening?

"Pakistan is thought to have ordered 6 Apache Longbow for its various anti-terrorism missions; unofficial reports suggest that the Pakistan Army has a requirement of up to 30 AH-64D Apache Longbow by 2010."

"The Pakistan Army is all set to receive a batch of six Apache attack helicopters from the U.S. early next month, after nearly a decade-long arms embargo, reports here say.The six AH-64D Long Bow Apaches will be part of the $73 million American assistance to Pakistan announced last week to strengthen its western borders with Afghanistan."

are these Rumors or what??

A

Aussie Digger

fieldmarshal said:
Wt other tank currrently opperational in the world other than m1a1 and t-72 have had been in actual ? and their too it was the air support that beat the crap out of the iraqi armour. In todays world of armour the performance of a tank can be measured to the fullest as the trials/test have become very good. So al-zarrar /al-khalid are two very good tanks.
Actually in the original Gulf war the M1/M1A1's destroyed far more enemy armour (including T-72's) than Coalition airpower managed. It has proven itself highly capable against both enemy armour and anti-armour weapons.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack but I thought that needed to be clarified...

Back on-topic...

MG 3

Aussy Digger I think that you are wrong. It was the A-10's that did the job. It was the US tankers that said that they did not get to see much of the action. You see most of the iraqi armour was destroyed on road sides as they were retreating. But still no doubt that the M1A1/A2 is a good tank.

lovepakistan

fieldmarshal said:
Where the hel any where in my post does it say that they are new, read before u post.
n its t80ud that the PA opp their is no such tank as t-80u n who told u that they were old/second hand, for ur n ur info alone they were bought brand new from ukraine.

Do some research n try try to read n understand before posting such bs n making an as* of ur self.
yes the t-80s are brand new

Elite-Pilot said:
Well my friend, I know that the Pakistani Army does use the M82-A1A. But however, most things have a limit and this unfortunately does have one. There are only several 100's left ONLY for the SSG and as you mentioned the G3, thats the one with the normal army. With the M81-A1A nothing always goes perfect. Infact, it has a high chace of jamming on you considering its 50 caliber round. Thats why now the U.S. uses the M87-ELR, this sniper rifle is very accurate and the M87-ELR also has the 50 caliber loaded in it.
SSg also uses PSG-1

birdofprey

Banned Member
my brother-in-law is major in pakistan army, Artillery regiment. right now he is living with his lovely family in Noshara pakistan, home to Artillery, aviation, and armour school! he said that he can take me to the fire range where i will get to witness Exclusive fire power of M-109s to T-80-4 and hope fully Al-khalid!!!! :jump2 :dbanana

back in 2005 he was posted in kashmir where i visited him at the border, after a long long drive. damn camera's batteries died! though did take some pics.. on the way he showed me ready for action Units deployed along the way to border, mostly infantry.
what a trip man!!

aaaditya

hey guys ,pakistani army is planning to acquire upto 160 million dollars worth of tactical radios.

can someone tell what type of tacticl radios does the pakistani army uses?

Harris High Frequency and Very High Frequency Radio Systems for Pakistan
The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Pakistan of Harris High Frequency/Very High Frequency radio systems for an estimated cost of $160 million. Read More...http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/2006/11/pakistan-asks-for-160m-of-tactical-radios/index.php

mysterious

Army receives Air Defence Missile Carriers

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Ehsan Ul Haq said on Friday that strengthening the country’s national defence was a government priority.

Speaking at the handing-over ceremony of indigenously built Air Defence Missile Carriers to regiments of the Pakistan Army at the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Gen Ehsan said that the government was focusing on the operational preparedness of the armed forces, of which the Armed Forces Development Plan (AFDP) was a component.

Rapid mobility, armoured protection and integral air defence elements were central to modernising the Pakistan Army, he added. The CJSCS said that the unveiling of the air defence missile carriers represented yet another milestone in Pakistan’s indigenous weapons’ capability and would further strengthen the country’s air defence.

Earlier, in his welcome address, HIT Chairman Lt Gen Israr Ahmed Ghumman said that HIT was meeting the Pakistan Army’s entire tracked vehicle requirements. APP

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\12\02\story_2-12-2006_pg7_20

Hmm, so I'm not exactly sure which Air Defence Missile Carriers these are and what missiles they actually carry? And the indigenous part? Someone with more information on this mind elaborating?