Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
I dnt know abt the pay of PAF pilots. Never asked them.

------------------

2 F-16s have arrived from USA.

mysterious

Yup we recive 2 of them Block 15, and a 15 years Old Order at last we recive :confused:
I dont think it makes that much of a difference by keeping on emphasizing the 15yr old nature of the aircraft since they have been overhauled and given MLU which brings them up to current Block 50/52 level as far as I know.

The 'new' F-16s will start arriving in Pakistan from mid-2009 and onwards.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
Yup we recive 2 of them Block 15, and a 15 years Old Order at last we recive :confused:
All the used F-16 for Pakistan will be receiving the Falcon STAR upgrade which adds another 8000 hours to the aircraft's functional live.

Do not despair. These birds will be as good as new.

kams

All the used F-16 for Pakistan will be receiving the Falcon STAR upgrade which adds another 8000 hours to the aircraft's functional live.

Do not despair. These birds will be as good as new.

It's design service life of 8000 hours. not 'addiding another 8000 hours'.

Link

Over the years, each F-16 aged more than four times as fast when compared to the original design conceived by General Dynamics and the Air Force in the 1970s. The F-16 remains the fighter of choice for U.S. Forces Korea, said Capt. Christopher Lombardo, the 8th Maintenance Operations Squadron operations officer.

He added that as the F-16 continues to adapt to an evolving mission, attaining the aircraft's mandated service life of 8,000 hours "is critically important to the aircraft sustainment community."

"Quite simply, Falcon STAR replaces the structural components that are aging prematurely," Captain Lombardo said. "After the modification, the aircraft will have the newest and most reliable materials needed to take the aircraft through its designed operational life."

mysterious

It's design service life of 8000 hours. not 'addiding another 8000 hours'.
That's laughable considering your 'correcting' pshamim. He knows better than most what he's talking about, he doesn't always have to be talking in tech language 24/7. Cheers!

kams

That's laughable considering your 'correcting' pshamim. He knows better than most what he's talking about, he doesn't always have to be talking in tech language 24/7. Cheers!
The link I provided is from US airforce. I did provide a source to back up what I said. Please provide a link to substantiate your claim and correct me.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
Thanks for correcting and thanks for support from some of you.
Indeed the functional life was supposed to be 8000 hours. But many upgrades in the future will increase the F-16s life exceeding 8000 hrs.

However I apologize for choosing the wrong words.

F-16s are not going away. So long USAF has these planes, they will keep on getting various upgrades. That is the part of the plan.

Re most of the F-16s Pakistan is receiving have very few airframe hours. Many happen to have fewer airframe hours than the engine hours. May sound strange but is true as when at AMARC, engines were started to keep them in working condition while no airframe hours were added.

Then Pakistan is insisting on receiving only those F-16s which do not have high airframe hours or stressed airframe. Recent delivery of the two aircrafts were used for testing and test pilot training only involving low airframe hours.

Hope this clears up my earlier post.

Last edited:

kams

Thanks for correcting and thanks for support from some of you.
Indeed the functional life was supposed to be 8000 hours. But many upgrades in the future will increase the F-16s life exceeding 8000 hrs.

However I apologize for choosing the wrong words.

F-16s are not going away. So long USAF has these planes, they will keep on getting various upgrades. That is the part of the plan.

Re most of the F-16s Pakistan is receiving have very few airframe hours. Many happen to have fewer airframe hours than the engine hours. May sound strange but is true as when AMARC, engines were started to keep them in working condition while no airframe hours were added.

Then Pakistan is insisting on receiving only those F-16s which do not have high airframe hours or stressed airframe. Recent delivery of the two aircrafts were used for testing and test pilot training only involving low airframe hours.

Hope this clears up the situation.
Thank you.

BilalK

pshamim

Hope this clears up my earlier post.
I heard the U.S Navy is reluctant on transfering their 14 ex-Peace Gate F-16s to the PAF. To help settle the problem, I think USAF offered ex-ANG F-16s - but PAF wasn't satisfied with any of the airframes yet. So is the PAF thinking of any alternatives...another batch of new C/Ds, or European F-16s?

mysterious

From what I know, PAF didn't want those ex-Peace Gate F-16s any ways from the USN because of their extensive usage which were still not worth it after various upgrades as compared to the units with less hours on them. I will check with what I have here as to where these 'used' F-16s are coming from exactly.

layer3

Can you Guys provide me with the exact information regarding the controversy surrounding the F-16s Block 52C/D deal. I read in some articles that US imposed some sales conditions such as

1. Those F-16s will only be used for defence purposes i.e they will never be allowed to participate in any attack missions.
2. These aircraft will never fly out of Pakistani Airspace.
3. Planes will be regulary inspected by US authorities to make sure they are not modified to carry Nuclear weapons.
4. Fighters will never participate in any Exercises with China.

The point is..... Is is worth buying with all those conditions.

Can you Guys provide me with the exact information regarding the controversy surrounding the F-16s Block 52C/D deal. I read in some articles that US imposed some sales conditions such as

1. Those F-16s will only be used for defence purposes i.e they will never be allowed to participate in any attack missions.
3. Planes will be regulary inspected by US authorities to make sure they are not modified to carry Nuclear weapons.

These were lip service given to certain members of Congress.

ahussains

:unknown

If these are not use in the Airspace or in any type of Mission then what is the purpose of Buying these WORTH LESS Air Carfts (My Opinion ) any comments ... :unknown

mysterious

I would urge people in here to go over the length and breadth of this entire thread and they would find that most of their queries have already been answered. This would save us all from similar queries being constantly repeated.

yess

a matter of fact just like the jewish lobby in america their is also indian!

Admin: Text deleted. That response was inappropriate - it breaches forum guidelines on posting behaviour. Please pay attention to the forum posting rules before posting any further replies and posts.

but the issue is been resolved and it would be totally useless to buy planes that cant even detect foes meaning indian planes would show up on radar as friendly!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
This clause is very much missinterprated ... it said that PAF F-16s wont cross the borders without American approval. This dint mean they cant use it in WAR. It meant they cannot fly out to other countries (espcially China & Iran) for any sort of War Games/War exercises etc.

Thats part of the above

That makes little sense when Pakistan has BMs for Nukes. As for fighters, A-5s & current F-16s have already been modified to carry nukes. If not F-16s than JF-17 & J-10s can be used for the job.

Again part of the 1st point.

These conditions never made it to the final contract. All Congress needed was assurance. When the Americans realized that most of the conditions are actually worthless, they put them aside. However, some websites (pretty much non friendly to Pakistan) just keep on rubbing it.

sashikanth

a matter of fact just like the jewish lobby in america their is also indian!

Text deleted

but the issue is been resolved and it would be totally useless to buy planes that cant even detect foes meaning indian planes would show up on radar as friendly!:D

Heyy moderator guy,, aint this racial????

Mod edit: Text deleted from quoted post for violation of posting behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

sashikanth

Now comming to the point, the basic look on the pakistani inventory.
The only thing that is noticable is f-16.Just the name is'nt gonna win a war.
The fact lies in the numbers.How many f-16's does pakistan really have?
And as far as i know, pakistan has not been given the rights to rebuild the airplanes in pakistan (Please correct me if i am wrong).

I am not being narrow minded, but, whats beyond the f-16? j-7 fishbed, it is a remodell of the mig-21, j-16, will it be able to hold off some of the best planes in the world???
What about some heavy duty transport machines??
What about some efficient bombers???
All these are essential, just the f-16 is'nt a big deal.More than 20 countries in the world use the f-16, that dosent make them all unbeatable.
Pakistan needs more aircrafts to give a solid backup to the f-16!!!