North Korea VS South Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thery

Hi,

I just want to post a comparsion between the north and the south.

Source: Defense White Paper 2006 Ministery of National Defence, Rep. of Korea (English version)

South / North
Total Troops: 674,000 / 1,170,000
Army: 541,000 / 1,000,000
Navy: 68,000 / 60,000
AF: 65,000 / 110,000

Tanks: 2,300 / 3,700
Amoured Vehicles: 2,500 / 2,100
Field Artillery: 5,100 / 8,500
MLRS: 200 / 4,800
Suface to Suface: 20 / 80

War Ships: 120 / 420
Landing Vessels: 10 / 260
Support Vessels: 20 / 30
Submarines: 10 / 60

Fighters: 500 / 820
Special Aircraft: 80 / 30
Support Aircraft: 190 / 510
Hellicopters: 680 / 310

Reserve Forces: 3,040,000 / 7,700,000

I hope it is helpful.

Evripide.
This list is somewhat misleading, I believe 420 war ships are mostly small patrol-size crafts and 3,700 tanks are obsolete T-54 or T-62. However as said by others, the huge number of artillery and ground troops with the terrine they are in will be a huge challenge toward any army.

evripide

This list is somewhat misleading, I believe 420 war ships are mostly small patrol-size crafts and 3,700 tanks are obsolete T-54 or T-62. However as said by others, the huge number of artillery and ground troops with the terrine they are in will be a huge challenge toward any army.
You are right. Though the numbers may be right, the list does not show the quality of the forces. The list reveals a strategy of South Korean ministry of defence. Perhaps, they need more budget and they focus on their smaller numbers of troops and vehicles than the northen rival's out-dated weapons.

Firehorse

Banned Member
Regime collapse in Pyongyang

Under Operations Plan 5027 (CINCUNC/CFC OPLAN 5027), the United States plans to provide units to reinforce the Republic of Korea in the event of external armed attack. These units and their estimated arrival dates are listed in the Time Phased Force Deployment List (TPFDL), Appendix 6, to Annex A to CINCUNC/CFC OPLAN 5027. The TPFDL is updated biennially through U.S./ROK agreements. CINCUNC/CFC OPLAN 5027 is distributed with a SECRET-U.S./ROK classification. The Ulchi-Focus Lens (UFL) exercise is the largest Command Post Exercise [CPX] among JCS Exercise category. It provides an opportunity for commanders and staffs to focus on strategic and operational issues associated with general military operations on the Korean peninsula. During this exercise each August, the ROK-US Combined Forces Command (CFC) and the United Nations Command (UNC) of Korea, as well as USFK practice the implement of OPLAN 5027 with the scenario of North Korean Peoples Army’s (NKPA) aggression. Combined political-military training emphasizes Flexible Deterrent Options (FDO), ROK mobilization, US reinforcement, and synchronization of Deep, Close and Rear battles.
OPLAN 5027 is the operations plan that is the "go to war in Korea" plan. Tasks performed during the early denial phase of OPLAN 5027 include Noncombatant Evacuation Operations (NEO) operations and theater Reception, Staging, Onward Movement and Integration [RSOI]. This phase of OPLAN 5027 assumes the sustainability of the southern defense and consequently enough time for reinforcements. Tasks performed during the Destruction Phase of the OPLAN involves a strategy of maneuver warfare north of the Demilitarized Zone with a goal of terminating the North Korea regime, rather than simply terminating the war by returning North Korean forces to the Truce Line. In this phase operations would include the US invasion of north Korea, the destruction of the Korean People’s Army and the north Korean government in Pyongyang. US troops would occupy north Korea and "Washington and Seoul will then abolish north Korea as a state and ‘reorganize’ it under South Korean control.
Given the parameters of OPLAN 5027, the narrow window for a decisive and relatively safe North Korean opportunity would be between a week and a month -- during the Denial Phase, before the rapid deployment of US light forces would be followed by the arrival of advance units of heavier divisions. North Korea would have significant incentive to achieve decisive results during this phase, at least through the use of chemical weapons against US forces in South Korea. North Korea might also seek to discourage Japanese support for reinforcments through threatening the use of nuclear weapons against US facilities in Japan, or threatening the use of chemical or biological weapons against the Japanese population, delivered either by missiles or clandestine means. The credibility of these threats against Japan might be enhanced through "demonstration" attacks that were not of sufficient magnitude to provoke American nuclear retaliation.
The Destruction Phase of OPLAN 5027 evidently poses the issue of national entity survival for the North Korean regime, and would be the most plausible circumstances under which the North would plausibly contemplate initiating the use of nuclear weapons, striking first in the last resort.
A March 2005 statement by the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK noted that "The DPRK and the U.S. are in the relationship of belligerency and at war technically. Therefore, it is quite natural that the DPRK has manufactured nukes for self-defence and continues to do so to cope with the policy of the Bush administration aimed at mounting a preemptive nuclear attack on it."
In addition to the political and military value of special weapons, North Korea apparently views the development and possession of special weapons as providing near and long-term economic benefits. North Korea has produced and sold large numbers of various models of missiles for significant amounts of money to customers such as Iran and Pakistan. North Korea has also found development of special weapons an effective means of extracting money from the western nations, notably the United States and Japan. http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/dprk/doctrine.htm

..OPLAN 5027 and, although it's been updated many times during various administrations, both Democratic and Republic, the gist of it remains the same. In addition to massive amounts of military ordnance, America guarantees to send 400,000 to 690,000 soldiers to South Korea to stave off a North Korean onslaught. With our military stretched to the breaking point in Afghanistan and Iraq, a war with North Korea could only be fought one way - by reinstituting compulsory selective service.
http://www.newshounds.us/2006/10/17/oplan_5027_is_it_our_ticket_to_the_draft.php
I very much doubt the US ability to sustain 3 wars at the same time - in the ME (Iraq + maybe Iran), Central Asia (Afghanistan + maybe Pakistan), and in the Far East- on the Korean peninsula + maybe Taiwan. Even with military draft, it will take a long time to implement conscription & training of extra troops that don't want to be there. So, the ROK will have to face NK essentually alone with perhaps, some Japanese help. For these reasons, the US may turn a blind eye if/when China goes ahead with her "humanitarian intervention" in NK.

F-15 Eagle

Hi,

I just want to post a comparsion between the north and the south.

Source: Defense White Paper 2006 Ministery of National Defence, Rep. of Korea (English version)

South / North
Total Troops: 674,000 / 1,170,000
Army: 541,000 / 1,000,000
Navy: 68,000 / 60,000
AF: 65,000 / 110,000

Tanks: 2,300 / 3,700
Amoured Vehicles: 2,500 / 2,100
Field Artillery: 5,100 / 8,500
MLRS: 200 / 4,800
Suface to Suface: 20 / 80

War Ships: 120 / 420
Landing Vessels: 10 / 260
Support Vessels: 20 / 30
Submarines: 10 / 60

Fighters: 500 / 820
Special Aircraft: 80 / 30
Support Aircraft: 190 / 510
Hellicopters: 680 / 310

Reserve Forces: 3,040,000 / 7,700,000

I hope it is helpful.

Evripide.
Can you give me a link to this please?

evripide

Hi, F-15,

Sorry but I am not allowed to add the url in this forum yet. (I have to post at least 15 times here.) But if you google 'ministry of national defense repubilc of korea' or 'mnd', you can find the site and english the site as well. Then go to 'defense policy' and there is 'defense white papers.'

Hopefully, you can find it.

evripide.

ROCK45

Air Power

I agree NK artillery is massive and not easily defenses against but NK air force is in very bad shape. Out dated SAM's and old aircraft protecting NK key locations is a bad mix in battle SK and American aircraft would control air or most of it pretty fast. Any NK large ground forces attacking south or forming up to attack would take heavy loses quickly. Air power wise it would come down to generating enough sorties faster enough to hit targets not much would be protecting NK those targets on the ground. NK would be very limited on what follow up forces could be moved forward. I just don't see a easy answer for knocking out all those artillery pieces in harden bunkers pointing south? Maybe NK has more food and fuel reserves then we believe they have but any offensive would have to be quick and short. I can't see the NK attacking and as long the SK and US forces keep enough forces a little south of the border out of range. Our ground forces are trained very well and our equipped is top rated this combo has work else where and will work in Korea as well if war broke out. North Korea's military is in a poorer state then Iraq's I can't see it being anymore effective. It's not 1950 anymore I don't think you can get 40,000 troops to march forward half staved and little ammo and expect them to fight and be slaughtered. I may be wrong but I don't NK has the logics to wage war anymore.

ever4244

Sure as soon as you enlighten the forum of your blood line. Are you that ashamed of who you are that you need to pretend? Oh wait its now about your "nationality".

Dont try to claim ignorance when you started this. You can cry about poor China and then turn around and act like you are trying to be objective. I can't change that, but neither does US intentions against China.

The US is dying to bomb the shit out of China.

Either way dont overrate your rate of military tech growth just because the Russians are willing to sell.
Well then, what if he is a Chinese , what is he is not?

Is this Thread about NK vs SK or Chinese Nationality vs American Nationality?

Is this debate based on reason and fact or motherland vs bloodline ?

I came through your relpy and find your statement concerns about my personal interests and other 1.2 billion Chinese s right of speak.

You just simply rule out 1/5 of world s population s right of voice just by claiming that they are communist brainwashed and therefore all their statements are invalid. So you can end every losing debate with Chinese in that manner.

but whether we are brainwashed or not ,our abilitys of reasoning and logic is not lower than any other and perhaps much better than yours.

besides ,can you prove all your idea and oppion is based on personal perceiving and indepent thinking while not some captalism way of brainwashing?.And if so, How much credibility do your indepent idea have?

Your president came and say: US China cooperate on countering terrist and regional peace

and you say:bomb the hell out of us ,and whom should I believe?

Can you prove your idea can represent America ?

BTW :Yes 'Thery' ,I ll try to ingnore

Last edited:

Thery

I agree NK artillery is massive and not easily defenses against but NK air force is in very bad shape. Out dated SAM's and old aircraft protecting NK key locations is a bad mix in battle SK and American aircraft would control air or most of it pretty fast. Any NK large ground forces attacking south or forming up to attack would take heavy loses quickly. Air power wise it would come down to generating enough sorties faster enough to hit targets not much would be protecting NK those targets on the ground. NK would be very limited on what follow up forces could be moved forward. I just don't see a easy answer for knocking out all those artillery pieces in harden bunkers pointing south? Maybe NK has more food and fuel reserves then we believe they have but any offensive would have to be quick and short. I can't see the NK attacking and as long the SK and US forces keep enough forces a little south of the border out of range. Our ground forces are trained very well and our equipped is top rated this combo has work else where and will work in Korea as well if war broke out. North Korea's military is in a poorer state then Iraq's I can't see it being anymore effective. It's not 1950 anymore I don't think you can get 40,000 troops to march forward half staved and little ammo and expect them to fight and be slaughtered. I may be wrong but I don't NK has the logics to wage war anymore.
True NK tanks and aircraft are laughable, but as I know they do produce their own artillery and ammo. Although their quality is questionable but I do believe NK have no problem to keep them in battle condition and I truly doubt that NK lack ammo.

ROKAF should have no problem control the air, but Korean Peninsula mainly covers by small mountains and hills especially at the east and north part, in those regions air attacks are not very effective, unlike in Iraq almost every thing is wide open. When you can not rely on air force to takeout those bunkers, to win the war a ground assault could not be avoided. And an up hill battle against heavy armed bunkers will not be easy. I don’t think SK willing to make such sacrifice at the moment.

You are right about NK unable to organize an effective assault but same as SK, the reason of it maybe different but the result is the same.

To Ever4244
Chill down, the best action toward such comment is simply ignoring it. We should discuses things base on facts and reason not by passion and anger

Last edited:

swerve

Super Moderator
Sure as soon as you enlighten the forum of your blood line. Are you that ashamed of who you are that you need to pretend? Oh wait its now about your "nationality". .
"The forum" knows my nationality. Or rather, those who've paid attention to what I've said here in the past, or bothered to check my profile. My ancestry has also been mentioned, although I think not recently. Suffice it to say that I have no Asian ancestry that I know of, & no connections to China whatsoever. Not even been there, except for Hong Kong when it was still a British colony.

Dont try to claim ignorance when you started this. You can cry about poor China and then turn around and act like you are trying to be objective. I can't change that, but neither does US intentions against China.

Either way dont overrate your rate of military tech growth just because the Russians are willing to sell.
You seem to think the US desire to bomb China that you posit to be a good thing. Why is that? And why do you think the USA is mad keen to bomb China? Do you have good grounds for your belief, or is as well-founded as your utterly idiotic opinion of my ethnic origin, nationality, & sympathies?

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
For all of you who thinks that the U.S is all hell bent on attacking North Korea let me state that there was a study conducted about 6 years ago by the U.S DOD that showed during the present condition of North Korean forces that if we were to attack them that we would most likely lose/suffer over 120K casualties not counting on what would happen to the civilians caught in the crossfire. Some of you under estimate their capabilities to wage war.

F-15 Eagle

For all of you who thinks that the U.S is all hell bent on attacking North Korea let me state that there was a study conducted about 6 years ago by the U.S DOD that showed during the present condition of North Korean forces that if we were to attack them that we would most likely lose/suffer over 120K casualties not counting on what would happen to the civilians caught in the crossfire. Some of you under estimate their capabilities to wage war.
120K??!! That would be the most casualties since the Vietnam's war, and makes Iraq look like a minor war in comparison's(which it is). But of course they expected something like that during the first Gulf War but there only around 200 casualties.

swerve

Super Moderator
120K??!! That would be the most casualties since the Vietnam's war, and makes Iraq look like a minor war in comparison's(which it is). But of course they expected something like that during the first Gulf War but there only around 200 casualties.
760 US casualties, of which 293 dead (148 battle, 145 other).

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=45404

Does not include other coalition losses.

I don't think anyone expects the the North Koreans to sit tight for a few months while the USA builds up its forces, then for several weeks more while they're bombed flat.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro

A different type of war, opponent and terrian. Plus we must look at the nuke factor after this report/study was conducted, that little surprise really makes a confrontation a dreaded affair.

ROCK45

wage war

I'm guilty of under estimating their capabilities to wage war. I'm not saying cut forces, or cut back on training, or even think there a push over. I don't mean to come across like it's simple I know better. I think US Forces are that good our level of training unmatched our equipment first rate. I also rate South Korean force much higher then in the first Korean War. Keeping our reserves and rear bases safe and secure is a must and we should never let our guard down. Wouldn't a lot of the casualties which I don't take lightly be from artillery and rocket attacks early in the fight models? Air strikes would help take out some and counter battery fire as well. Once direct fighting took place our armor and mechanized forces are clearly better. A big part of the fight would be keeping ammo and fuel moving forward. I realized warfare is much more complex and on so many different levels then I can fully understand. Assets from Japan are huge in this mix more so then the average person sees. Organizing it all and doing it fast and correct is a battle by itself.

sgtgunn

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
One of the biggest factors in a NK attack on SK, that has yet to mentioned (at least I don't recall seeing it) is terrain. I have two tours in SK with US 2nd Infantry Division under my belt - one as an infantryman at Camp Liberty Bell (on the DMZ) in 1991 and one as an M1 armored crewman at Camp Casey (just south of the DMZ) in 1995, so I am intimately familiar with the ground where most of the fighting would take place. It is highly mountainous, with a shortage of good N-S roads (deliberately I imagine) making any kind of maneuver warfare very difficult. There are essentially two "invasion" corridors on the peninsula. The western corridor is a lowland region running down the west coast from Pyongyang through Panmunjom across the Imjin River to Seoul. A similar eastern corridor runs down the peninsulas east coast. While new roads have been built running along these corridors in the South's attempt to economically engage the north, both areas remain heavily fortified and mined near the DMZ. MSR #1 the major N-S road in the western corridor is periodically bisected by anti-tank wall/ditch/mine field combinations. Where the road physically passes through the defenses, there are "rockdrops" which are massive concrete blocks designed to fall into the roadway, blocking it when a preset demo charge is blown. Most roads in between the DMZ and Seoul in the western corridor (and I presume in the eastern as well) have rockdrops placed at cuts and chokepoints along their lengths. Where MSR#1 crosses the Imjin River near the DMZ the bridges are rigged with demolition charges, and the river banks (both sides) are heavily mined. In the area "North of the River" along the DMZ itself you can't walk 100 meters without coming across a minefield or some kind of fortification. Any mechanized or motorized movement is limited to a very small number of generally narrow roads, which will be blocked by obstacles and covered by indirect fires. Moving cross country in vehicles is nearly impossible in most places since anything that is not a road is either a rice paddy or the side of an invariably steep and rugged hill or mountain. Even in the winter when the paddies freeze, they are separated by tall, steep paddy dikes which would have to be breeched by engineers. Most paddies are fairly small, so there is a LOT of dikes. Infantry can move and fight cross country, but infantry is slow even in best terrain, which Korea is certainly not. Cross country movement on foot in Korea mean one thing - constantly dragging your ass up and down big, steep and heavily forested hills and mountains. No lightening advances there. It is also important to remember that despite the NK military's large size, its equipment is universally obsolescent, and if the general condition of NK is any indicator, it is probably plagued by shortages, maintenance problems, and other issues that would severely degrade its effectiveness - especially in any kind of offensive operations.

So here's how I envision things unfolding. Crazy Kim wakes up on morning, discovers he's losing his beloved bouffant hair, and blows his last transistor. He grabs the hotline phone and orders his generals to do the deed. They decide (for some reason) not to overthrow the midget nutcase, and rather commit national suicide and launch the attack. We'll assume (for the sake of the scenario) that the US and ROK are caught generally napping, and only get a 24 warning that things might turn ugly. That allows most of the ROK regular army troops and what's left of the US 2nd ID (1 BCT I believe) to get into their battle positions (it only takes about an hour or two to do so. I've done the damn drills too many times to count). The initial NK barrage is devastating, pummeling US and ROK units near the DMZ. Gas is almost certainly used which causes heavy casualties. NK long range artillery also hits Seoul and it's suburbs causing massive civilian casualties and panic. (We'll assume that NK has no operational nukes or is not so completely insane that it uses them - if it did, the war would be even shorter - i.e. the length of time for a B-2 or Trident SLBM to vaporize Pyongyang). While this is going on, the ROK, US and possibly Japanese Air Forces go into action.
The ROK Air Force has 171 F-16s of various models, 76 F-4E Phantom IIs, 142 F-5E Tiger IIs, and 28 F-15Ks (essentially same as US F-15E Strike Eagle). The US has two fighter wings in Japan, one with F-15C/Ds and one with F-16CJ/DJs. It has two more in Korea, one with F-16CG/DGs and one with a mix of F-16CG/DGs and A-10/OA-10s. There are two more wings in Alaska one with F-15E Strike Eagles and F-22A Raptors and the other with a mix of F-16CG/DGs and A-10/OA-10s. The JASDF has 178 F-15s (J & DJ models), 91 F-4EJ Phantom IIs, 23 F-1s, 33 F-2s. ROK & allied air forces would make short work of the NK air force, and rapidly achieve air superiority over the battlefield. SEAD missions would begin to suppress and destroy the NK air defense system. NK artillery would be targeted by both air forces and US and SK counter battery fire - especially US & ROK MLRS systems which proved to be particularly lethal in that role during both US-Iraq wars. Meanwhile NK ground forces would be bogged down trying to breech minefields and obstacles, cross rivers, etc. and would be heavily channelized by the terrain. This would make them sitting ducks for the inevitable onslaught of air power. Remember the "road of death" in the first Iraq War? NK ground forces would come under near constant air attack by allied air forces. Destroyed vehicles would clog the already over burdened roads, backing the NK forces up even further. US and Japanese AH-64 Apaches and ROK AH-1 Super Cobras would add to the carnage. Once the NK artillery threat is neutralized, US & ROK artillery units (including US M109A6 Paladin and the similar ROK K-9 Thunder) begin to pound the stalled NK columns. That would pretty much be the end of things, offensively for the NK forces. NK light infantry and SF units could moves south and cause problems, but eventually the NK logistical system (certainly rickety and strained at best) would completely collapse under the strain of constant attack and interdiction by allied air forces, and they would "wither on the vine". You can only carry so much food, water and ammo as a grunt on foot - enough for a day or two of serious combat ops. Then you're down to poking people with your bayonet. Presumably international outrage, coupled with pressure from China and Russia and the obvious failure of offensive operations would lead to some kind of collapse or "regime" change in NK politically - probably by senior military officers. Kim goes against the wall, "bang", and the new folks in charge call an armistice and say "it wasn't us! We're sorry!". Obviously the aftermath would be a disaster. Massive civilian casualties in the south, humanitarian and refugee crisis in the north (even worse than the one they already have), God knows what the economic repercussions would be. A lot of the ROK industrial infrastructure is around Seoul, so figure a lot of damage there. I don't think the war would last long enough for any major counter offensive by allied forces into NK itself - I would expect NK to implode first. So ROK (and by extension US & Japan) wins, but takes a nasty pounding in the portions of the country near the DMZ. What happens next? Who knows, but it wouldn't be any fun, especially if you are a North Korean civilian.

Adrian

F-15 Eagle

760 US casualties, of which 293 dead (148 battle, 145 other).

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=45404

Does not include other coalition losses.

I don't think anyone expects the the North Koreans to sit tight for a few months while the USA builds up its forces, then for several weeks more while they're bombed flat.
Well the Iraqis did, hundreds of thousands of them just waved the white flag and surrendered. Their military had pretty much the same type of equipment as North Korea does today.

A different type of war, opponent and terrian. Plus we must look at the nuke factor after this report/study was conducted, that little surprise really makes a confrontation a dreaded affair.
At the time Iraq had chemical weapons, they used them against the Kurds and Iran but never did use them against the U.S. North Korea has them too. I have my doubts that North Korea will really use nukes in a war, but it is still a possibility.

luccloud

Sure as soon as you enlighten the forum of your blood line. Are you that ashamed of who you are that you need to pretend? Oh wait its now about your "nationality".

Your pure hatred towards China are quite astonishing. I have no idea why you have the idea that US are eager to launch a massive attack on China.

With US and China's economy so inter-winded with each other, even if US know they will be able to win the war with minimum casualty, just the economic cost alone will be enough to stop even Bush from trying something that stupid. Not to mention China have nuke, plus do you think Russia will do nothing if US display such aggressive behavior?

Anyhow, back to the topic. With so much huge guns pointing at Seoul, if against all odds, a war do start, SK will try to destroy NK's command and communication structure with its air force while NK will pound Seoul will its gun. Any attack by land will probably be a bad idea for either side due to the terrain. IMO, SK will win eventually by flanking NK from the side, but no doubt they will need to pay a huge cost. US, China, Russia and even Japan will most likely try their best to pressure both side on reaching another peace agreement. A war between SK and NK will just put too much at risk for all side. BTW, Kim maybe a totally selfish evil dictator, but we got to admit that he's not delusional. All of his crazy stunt are all calculated extortion, why would he risk everything he have to start a war with SK when he can bum more money off China and the rest of the world? Even if Kim is indeed seriously sick, he would most likely want his kingdom to pass onto his son.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Well the Iraqis did, hundreds of thousands of them just waved the white flag and surrendered. Their military had pretty much the same type of equipment as North Korea does today.

At the time Iraq had chemical weapons, they used them against the Kurds and Iran but never did use them against the U.S. North Korea has them too. I have my doubts that North Korea will really use nukes in a war, but it is still a possibility.
The Iraqis were also subject to a extensive bombing campaign out in the open, please keep in mind the type of terrian in Korea.

Iraqis were also told some pretty harsh things that would happen in the event that they decided to introduce evryone to a NBC posture war, this doesn`t mean that the North Koreans will heed the same warnings. A possible scenario that they may try is a NBC posture, that would most certainly make things tougher on both sides, fighting in complete MOP 4 is a bugger and degrades your ability to fight by at least 25% or higher depending on the terrian and weather conditions, then you have to pull units out for proper decontamination which is another challenge to properly set up.

Incognito129

Banned Member
Your pure hatred towards China are quite astonishing. I have no idea why you have the idea that US are eager to launch a massive attack on China.
I dont really have hatred, atleast i wouldn't classify it as that. I am exceptionally wary of China. Eventually a war will break out, its better now then later before Russians transfer even more tech.
With US and China's economy so inter-winded with each other, even if US know they will be able to win the war with minimum casualty, just the economic cost alone will be enough to stop even Bush from trying something that stupid. Not to mention China have nuke, plus do you think Russia will do nothing if US display such aggressive behavior?
US and China are not intertwined. You grossly overestimate the importance of cheap chinese labor.

Russia is friends with no one. They will most likely reinforce their borders but they would never back up the Chinese. US, Russia, NK have nukes as well. I dont see China threatening anyone with nukes, especially the US.

It isn't a question of who would win, we would win without question and with minimal casualties. The goal here is to destroy military infrastructure and assets, not invade China.

Status
Not open for further replies.