Indian Military Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit21mech

A small video of India Gate. India Gate is a memorial built by Britishers in memory of all the Indian soldiers martyred in WW2. This is in New Delhi. I shot this today morning from my car.

India Gate

Gollevainen

the corporal
Verified Defense Pro
RajKhalsa said:

^ Indian Quick Reaction Team (QRT) of 10 Garhwal Rifles taking a position in a forward post in a UN Peacekeeping mission in Lebanon

^^^Can anyone ID that APC and does anyone know if the Indian army uses those?
Its a finnish Xa-180 aka 'Pasi', and india isent using them to my knowlidge...

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
No niin :finland :) Gollevainen are you sure that's a Pasi? If it is then those are not Indian troops.

Last edited:

Gollevainen

the corporal
Verified Defense Pro
well its a Pasi, thrust me i've been almoust get run over by one...:D

the troops migth be indian, i dont know, but didnt the orginal post described it something like indian peacekeepers taking command in Libanon...migth be that they get themselves posing in front of one of finnish peacekeepers Pasi that was also in Libanon?

By the way Im also a fin, I joined into this forum as I have been moderator for a couple of months in this new Sinodefenceforum that is now married to this Defencetalk thing...i just wanted to take a look of how the bigger site is managed

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Hehehe ok i trust you on the Pasi thing. Probably Lebanese Pasi with Indians posing in front of it.

Well minä on ei Suomalainen mutta minä työ Helsingissa Nokiassa. Ma on insinööri. Tervetuloa DefenceTalk Forumiin. :D

HammerHead

Hi fellas,
Just have a general query about Indian Uniforms and kit, hoping one of you guys might know the answer.

IA tactical head gear, now from what i can see there is the standard steel helmet with the camo netting, bandana type for the commondos/SF, turbans for the sikhs, what is the other cylindrical type helmet worn by Indian troops? almost all of the soldiers who were training in the CIJW photos with the yanks are wearing them, ive also seen news reels on kashmir where this type of head gear is the norm. From what i recall it looks something like the russian paratroop helmet, Is it? and what is it made out of? is it soft like the turban or hard like a helmet? and is it ballistic proof like the kevlars?

Help would be much appreciated

aaaditya

HammerHead said:
Hi fellas,
Just have a general query about Indian Uniforms and kit, hoping one of you guys might know the answer.

IA tactical head gear, now from what i can see there is the standard steel helmet with the camo netting, bandana type for the commondos/SF, turbans for the sikhs, what is the other cylindrical type helmet worn by Indian troops? almost all of the soldiers who were training in the CIJW photos with the yanks are wearing them, ive also seen news reels on kashmir where this type of head gear is the norm. From what i recall it looks something like the russian paratroop helmet, Is it? and what is it made out of? is it soft like the turban or hard like a helmet? and is it ballistic proof like the kevlars?

Help would be much appreciated
it is called as the patka and is bullet proof with kevlar but it offers inadequate protection(particulary at the base of head in the rear.)they are to be replaced soon under the f-insas universal soldier concept(most likely to be based on the us,german,israeli or south african concepts)

HammerHead

aaaditya said:
it is called as the patka and is bullet proof with kevlar but it offers inadequate protection(particulary at the base of head in the rear.)they are to be replaced soon under the f-insas universal soldier concept(most likely to be based on the us,german,israeli or south african concepts)

Thanx champ,
Much apprciated, it may be kevlar but like you said it only protects the crown, the base of the head is exposed so are the ears which only have soft kevlar flaps.
http://www.securemobileindia.com/patka.htm

according to this site this head gear can resist a SLR round in the front at 25m (awful headache follows, probably a lot of dead brain cells )
9 mm and ak rounds is a fair call, but SLR rounds...

The newer models can apparently take any kind of IED as well.....

phew if this works then this is a miracle helmet.

Do you know the success rate of this helmet? any feedback from soldiers who love it hate it?

Thanks again champ

aaaditya

HammerHead said:
Thanx champ,
Much apprciated, it may be kevlar but like you said it only protects the crown, the base of the head is exposed so are the ears which only have soft kevlar flaps.
http://www.securemobileindia.com/patka.htm

according to this site this head gear can resist a SLR round in the front at 25m (awful headache follows, probably a lot of dead brain cells )
9 mm and ak rounds is a fair call, but SLR rounds...

The newer models can apparently take any kind of IED as well.....

phew if this works then this is a miracle helmet.

Do you know the success rate of this helmet? any feedback from soldiers who love it hate it?

Thanks again champ
ied's stand for improvised explosive devices which are used to blow up vehicles(they are extremely difficult to detect),these body armours and headgear cannot protect from a direct blast ,maybe from a few sharpnels,but thats all.stopping slr rounds at 25 metres in itself sounds quite unbeilivable.

amit21mech

Some videos of India Gate shot by me.

Amar Jawan Jyoti at india Gate

Army Patrol at india Gate. Look at the date of Video. Remember something Important with date?????

Names of the fallen soldiers of 14th Ferozepore and 15th Ludhiana Sikhs engraved on India Gate. Like this thousand more names are written on it.

Admin : Please let me know if you want to delete my post like you did with my last post in this topic.

vrus

The colour scheme looks much better, compared to the monotonous scheme that has been seen all over the internet for years. Are there any more new test vehicles to lift off in the future? A prototype of the trainer or the navy version maybe? And what engines does PV2 have? Did they get the kaveri working or was it the GE?

aaaditya

vrus said:
The colour scheme looks much better, compared to the monotonous scheme that has been seen all over the internet for years. Are there any more new test vehicles to lift off in the future? A prototype of the trainer or the navy version maybe? And what engines does PV2 have? Did they get the kaveri working or was it the GE?
by the way pv1 has an even better colour scheme (a dark grey camo),
the pv3 is slated to carry the kaveri engine,the pv2 has the ge-f-404 engine.

ThunderBolt

I had thought that India was only "thinking" of making such an aircraft, i didn't know that the project had gotten so far already... sorry i don't follow India's aircraft news or disscussion. Looking at this remindes me of F-16 or JF-17 except this looks much smaller (meaning more sneaky).

Yeah nice color scheme, why are all prototypes pretty much always yellow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.