Gaming

JmanTheMan

This is an international defence forum and is not US centric. We are not in a position to comment upon individual national service base security standing orders. Such questions are best addressed to the unit concerned.
Word, sorry mate. I was asking internationally but I guess I need to be more specific.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is like something out of sci fi such as The Matrix etc. BCI (brain computer interfaces) are very interesting and would certainly make gaming far more interesting and exciting. Gabe Newell owns Valve Corporation which owns Steam the PC game platform. He is resident in here NZ at the moment and has just become a partner with Team NZ the America's Cup yacht racing syndicate and current America's Cup holder. The latest Challenger series is underway at the moment in Auckland to find the challenger to challenge Team NZ for the Cup in March.

The development also promises significant advances in other areas, such as the operation of prosthetic limbs where the BCI would give the user sensation of feeling in the limb down to touch, including pain and discomfort. The BCI could also enhance or change moods and set sleep by using an app. However I think that there are ethics issues that have to be discussed and worked through.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
This is like something out of sci fi such as The Matrix etc. BCI (brain computer interfaces) are very interesting and would certainly make gaming far more interesting and exciting. Gabe Newell owns Valve Corporation which owns Steam the PC game platform. He is resident in here NZ at the moment and has just become a partner with Team NZ the America's Cup yacht racing syndicate and current America's Cup holder. The latest Challenger series is underway at the moment in Auckland to find the challenger to challenge Team NZ for the Cup in March.

The development also promises significant advances in other areas, such as the operation of prosthetic limbs where the BCI would give the user sensation of feeling in the limb down to touch, including pain and discomfort. The BCI could also enhance or change moods and set sleep by using an app. However I think that there are ethics issues that have to be discussed and worked through.

I can imagine a few dark programs on BCIs are underway by DARPA for future weapons systems.

Mainframe

My favourite game is Armed Assault III, playing online against real live human opponents (have logged over 6000 hours so far)..:)
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, care for nothing else thereafter"- Ernest Hemingway
Below- Me leading my human squad, I tell them "Stick with me if you want to live"-

AA3-rtn.jpg