Forum Issue

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Haven’t had any issues wrt bandwidth, Win10, or iOS. Still have a Win7 system but haven’t used it for the forum lately. Unfortunately I will have to upgrade my Win7 system to Win10 at some point due to some applications no longer working properly after upgrading.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Has there been issues with the site software / bandwidth ?

I foolishly updated my PC to WIN10 on Friday & Microsoft helpfully didn't bother its backside copying any of my favourite sites / passwords (thankfully Google did !)

However, the 2-step authentication facility was taking on average 45 mins to respond with the passcode, that's only valid for 15 mins !

Thankfully, as you can now see I managed to get back in, with the response e-mail from the website being almost instantaneous...
John, I haven't had any issues and I have been using WIN10 since it came out. Yep the Google backup of sites etc., is great. One thing with WIN10 that I have found is that it automatically defaults to online backup of files etc., which I found slows down connection speed, so I disabled mine. My backup is to a separate hard drive.

Systems Adict

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
More moaning from me...

Has the global front page had an issue ?

(www.defencetalk.com)

Simply getting a list of forum names / pages on the LHS of the screen, that are hyperlinks.

No pretty pictures / backgrounds, etc.

Used to get this often on Windows Internet Explorer, as one of the scripts in the background wouldn't run, or some 3rd party software supplier has updated a widget that screws the page up.

For clarity, I'm running Chrome& have had no issues with the page till today.

t68

More moaning from me...

Has the global front page had an issue ?

(www.defencetalk.com)

Simply getting a list of forum names / pages on the LHS of the screen, that are hyperlinks.

No pretty pictures / backgrounds, etc.

Used to get this often on Windows Internet Explorer, as one of the scripts in the background wouldn't run, or some 3rd party software supplier has updated a widget that screws the page up.

For clarity, I'm running Chrome& have had no issues with the page till today.

just checked doing the same to me also

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I had one issue on my Samsung tablet as well. I am using the Firefox app.