Forum Issue

locutus

Just wondering if anybody is experiencing problems with the forums. I can reach DT home page with no issue but clicking on any of the forums it takes up to five minutes or longer for the page to load. Also, the appearance has changed too. I've tried Firefox and IE and both encounter the same problem. Very slow to load. I can browse to any other site without a problem.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wondering if anybody is experiencing problems with the forums. I can reach DT home page with no issue but clicking on any of the forums it takes up to five minutes or longer for the page to load. Also, the appearance has changed too. I've tried Firefox and IE and both encounter the same problem. Very slow to load. I can browse to any other site without a problem.
Same issue here. I'll make sure Webs knows about it, though I'm sure he's already aware of it...

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Problem with our CDN (Content Delivery Network). It should be fixed now.

THANK YOU for the email to let me know!!!

locutus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Problem with our CDN (Content Delivery Network). It should be fixed now.

THANK YOU for the email to let me know!!!
No problem. Now it only takes seconds to load a page. Thank you for fixing it.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Over the last 2 days, there has been a slow down when I login and post in DT (and compared to other forums, it loads a page at half the speed). This problem still persists today and would appreciate if this slow down can be looked at.

uuname

Over the last 2 days, there has been a slow down when I login and post in DT (and compared to other forums, it loads a page at half the speed). This problem still persists today and would appreciate if this slow down can be looked at.
I'm getting this too, although as far as I can tell it's not just the forum.
The entire site is slow- http://www.defencetalk.com/ takes a long time to come up at all.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
the emoticon problem seems to be script based

eg
:)
smiley icon by itself doesn't consistently work

but
:) /grin
smiley icon followed /grin generates the emoticon

but
:) text
smiley icon followed text generates the emoticon

the above doesn't always display in a post but does appear in preview

Using Opera 12 Win7

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't see any emoticons there, even if I refresh the page several times.

I can see them when generating a reply, but that's it.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see the smiley in that post (as in your last one), and just noticed another in a Naval forum thread.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
There has been a slow down when I post in DT (and compared to other forums, it loads a page at half the speed). This problem still persists today and would appreciate if this slow down can be looked at.

CB90

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Is there a min post count to send PMs? Was about to respond to a mod PM, but don't seem to have that function active.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Is there a min post count to send PMs? Was about to respond to a mod PM, but don't seem to have that function active.
Normal requirement is 50 posts to PM. Mods having been working on getting posters with less the ability to respond to their PM's... I flagged this to a Mod so they can get an email address to you.

-Cheers

t68

I am not sure what’s going on(computer illiterate)but every time I access the forum my Norton anti-virus say it blocked a malicious web attack it start about a month ago when I opened up a news segment, now it does it every time I look at DT. Any idea what it is and how to fix it.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Does it tell you what file and location? We fixed this issue few weeks ago and alerts cleared up.

t68

Does it tell you what file and location? We fixed this issue few weeks ago and alerts cleared up.
I tried to get a screen grab but it would not let me do it, but this is what it says.

IPS alert name= web attack malicious tool kit website 14
Attacking computer=www-defencetalk.com (174.37.27.186.80)
Source address= 174.37.27.186.80
Traffic description= TCP,www-http
Severity=high

Don’t know if that helps, its all Chinese to me
regards