Forum Issue

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I tried to get a screen grab but it would not let me do it, but this is what it says.

IPS alert name= web attack malicious tool kit website 14
Attacking computer=www-defencetalk.com (174.37.27.186.80)
Source address= 174.37.27.186.80
Traffic description= TCP,www-http
Severity=high

Don’t know if that helps, its all Chinese to me
regards
I take it you are using a Windows-based computer, correct? If so, you can take a screenshot by holding Control & presseing Print Screen, then open Paint and paste/Control+V inside the box. Then save the image and post as an attachment.

-Cheers

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Webs, over the last week or so I am unable to return to the home page after opening a thread? The problem did not occur on Saturday (EST) but reverted on Sunday.
The only way I can get back to the forum is to close and reopen.
Any clues? Is this my problem only or have others had the same experience?

Cheers and thanks

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Webs, over the last week or so I am unable to return to the home page after opening a thread? The problem did not occur on Saturday (EST) but reverted on Sunday.

Cheers and thanks
I haven't come across it yet. Can you try it with a different browser?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Cheers and thanks
Hi, which link are you clicking to get back to the homepage? Forum homepage or main website page?

t68

Please, I can' t see my " Alerts " especialy latests page is empty normal ?

I had that problem some time ago, click on your username(top right) a box will appear click on preference then move it to default style and it should work, mine does know.:)

beegee

Hey Webs, I took a look at the alerts issue and here is the problem:

The alerts ordered list HTML element is using the "alerts" CSS class.
<ol class="alerts alertsScroller">

Unfortunately the only entry in the "alerts" CSS class is "display: none".

.alerts {
display: none !important;
}

The default style doesn't have this, which is why it works. I used my browser's dev tools to remove that CSS class reference from the alerts ordered list HTML element and my alerts are now displayed. Should be a simple fix.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hey Webs, I took a look at the alerts issue and here is the problem:

The alerts ordered list HTML element is using the "alerts" CSS class.
<ol class="alerts alertsScroller">

Unfortunately the only entry in the "alerts" CSS class is "display: none".

.alerts {
display: none !important;
}

The default style doesn't have this, which is why it works. I used my browser's dev tools to remove that CSS class reference from the alerts ordered list HTML element and my alerts are now displayed. Should be a simple fix.
Thanks. I will have it fixed.

Sorry about late reply, been really busy with work.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I’ve just started to be bombarded with google ads mixed in with the various threads.
Is this just me or have google become more aggressive?
I delete them and note them as being inappropriate but is there anything else I can do?

Redlands18

I’ve just started to be bombarded with google ads mixed in with the various threads.
Is this just me or have google become more aggressive?
I delete them and note them as being inappropriate but is there anything else I can do?
Also getting the same issue

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Ditto, Same here... at first thought it was just the phone app... but it did the same on my main PC...

Also my alerts page just comes up blank...?
Mine does too on my tablet, but not on my phone or PC because I've had paid ad blocker for years. Regarding the alerts, that's been an issue for quite a while.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
The ads are due to google "auto ads" feature. You should only see 1 or 2 on a page. I will check on it.

Regarding alerts, that will be fixed when forum is upgraded to new version and new theme in coming few weeks.

At lakes

The stay locked in facility does not work of my machine. Is it a known issue or is it my fat fingers no pushing a button somewhere