Fake News

colay1

The aftermath of the events at Charlottesville are extremely disturbing. Trump is blatantly aiding and abetting White Supremacists, Neo Nazis and other fascistic.groups. He remains defiant despite widespread criticism. Let's see if he takes a hit in the polls specially among Republicans where he still enjoys strong support. Trumo is betting that this will blow over like previous controversies. Many top Republicans refuse to call him out by name and shamelessly see no moral conflict associating with him.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Republican House and Senate members have long been silent on Trump's antics largely out of fear of his general support amongst party members and his core. Although the core is holding so far there are signs rank and file members are concerned. When this group wavers, the seat holders will be enboldened. Combine this with his zero legislative accomplishments means trouble.

It will be interesting to see how much more his new chief of staff can endure. Kelly comes from an environment where discipline is critical, the opposite of where he now finds himself.

xinhui

There are companies out there now specializing in news fact-check and offer packages to corporations that are willing to pay. I worked with a such company recently -- very smart people with very interesting big-data use cases. For some "fake news" is a problem, for others, it is a money making opportunity.

sark

Trumps latest claims on terrorism in Sweden was a pearler.... my god his supporters can be dense if they swallow that one
Biden latest claims on terrorism in [ pick your country ] was a pearler.... my god his supporters can be dense if they swallow that one

Boagrius

Biden latest claims on terrorism in [ pick your country ] was a pearler.... my god his supporters can be dense if they swallow that one
FYI, GF's comment there is almost 5 years old and I don’t think he posts here these days, so he is unlikely to reply. I also doubt he has any particular allegiance to "Biden" - he's just another one of us Aussies who treat all politicians with a healthy dose of derision ;-)

Redlands18

Can I make 2 suggestions 1/ check the date of the last post in a thread and 2/ check the date of the last post by the poster, there is little point replying to a 5yo post by a person who has been absent for nearly 4 years unless you have some new information to add to the conversation. Also be very careful about any anti politician attacks. The Mods are very tough on this site, concerning the rules.