Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F-35 Program - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Air Force & Aviation' started by OPSSG, Apr 7, 2013.

Share This Page

1. John Fedup

John Fedup Well-Known Member

Given the cost to upgrade earlier additions of the F-35, and if the UK were to decide to go with an all "B" fleet, used F-35As may be appealing to some nations. I think political opposition on buying used F-35As for Canada from the UK would be immense given the Upholder purchase. Combine that with the eventual public awakening of what a complete waste of money the purchase of well used classic Hornets is, I'd say it's either new F-35As or new something else. Must admit the flexibility of the "B" is very appealing, especially now that price has descended from the the stratosphere.:D

2. Boagrius

Boagrius Member

Haha. By the time the RCAF get their Lightnings I suspect they'll be fitted with warp drives and photon torpedoes...

3. Todjaeger

Todjaeger Potstirrer

Oh please, not going to happen. Now a hyperdrive, astromech droid and proton torpedoes OTOH...

Boagrius likes this.
  4. Boagrius

Boagrius Member

Well it would beat the hell out of clapped out Aussie bugs! (Sorry Canuks - low hanging fruit...) :D ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 3:04 PM
  5. John Fedup

John Fedup Well-Known Member

Actually the replacement program will see Warp drive obsoleted by the new drive technology seen in the new Star Trek “Discovery” series, the name which escapes me at the moment. Anyways back on topic, we can always beat up Canadian procurement on the RCAF or RCN threads.:D

Boagrius likes this.
  6. SpazSinbad

SpazSinbad Active Member

Nope. RAAF is Australia. RN/RAF for the moment AFAIK have still officially willing to buy all F-35Bs as originally intended although there is the usual CRAB JABBER about something different - just because they are CRABs (spoiling in the sun).