F-35 - International Participation

SpazSinbad

That would be true. VL pads have been built at RAF Marham but no ski jump (they'll do that in simulator). A special runway for STOVL landings has also been prepared which should have better prepared under/overruns for 'slow' landing practice (SRVL I'm lookin' at YOU). However because all F-35s can land conventionally that is the preferred landing ashore.F-35bMarhamRedevelopmentFORUM.jpg

Last edited:

SpazSinbad

Future F-35B price looks nice - lots more detail at URL only 'trans Atlantic rule' highlighted here:
British F-35Bs Transfer to the UK 07 Jun 2018 Chris Pocock
"...The weather delay caused adverse comment, but the RAF was unwilling to waive a peacetime safety rule that long overwater transits should not take place in sea states above five, due to the difficulty of locating and rescuing a pilot who has ejected. Also, the crosswind was above limits at one of the emergency diversion airfields en route. The 4,000-mile formation flight took 8.5 hours and included nine top-up aerial refuelings from three RAF Voyager (A330MRTT) tankers...." British F-35Bs Transfer to the UK

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Yep I found that it was too. Was thinking that if it was any slower my 4 year old grandson would be collecting his old age pension before the website finished refreshing it's postings.

SpazSinbad

A GIggLE translation of the VIKing text about JSM text above: ["baking goal" is ground target]

Google Translate
&
ORIGINAL: Her er et skarpt JSM-missil for første gang på vei mot et bakkemål

Then here is a translation of sorts of the text in the video above:
"Launched from air. Follows planned route for about 200 km, then finds, identifies and attacks target. There's a false target (the container on the ground) 100 meters from the intended target vehicle. Cooperation between Kongsberg, RNoAF and Norwegian defense research institute. After 9 seconds, air intake is enabled, wings fold out. The missile gets on its predermined path. When the missile reaches the target area it identifies a correct target. The missile will automatically disable itself if it doesn't identify one."

SpazSinbad

Another giggle at all the errors in this FOXY News Video Report on Up&Coming CVF QE F-35B trials.

Carrier Queen Elizabeth, F-35B trials US deployment, report

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Another giggle at all the errors in this FOXY News Video Report on Up&Coming CVF QE F-35B trials.

Carrier Queen Elizabeth, F-35B trials US deployment, report

You haven't been hanging out with or in the stokers domain again have you? All those fumes will do any ones head in :D

She's definitely someone who's educational funding was definitely a waste of resources. Like King Wally, my viewing didn't last long

SpazSinbad

That video from BBC BigBloodyCreepy Big Ears puts even NODDY's BIG EARS to shame and it is dated 2017 and he even says 'THE HMS QE' for shame too.

SpazSinbad

Some 'news' have reported 500 take offs & landings however 500 test points makes more sense. Make it so. :) All this kerfuffle generated about 'first pilot to VL aboard QE' is just BOLLOCKS and we haven't yet got over that the first F-35B to VL won't be an UK bastard (do I need to go into details on that?). Anyhoo GOOD LUCK TO THEM ALL & SRVL baby.
"...Who will be the first pilot to land on the ship has been provisionally decided but will not be publicly announced until afterwards to allow for changes of plan or unforeseen circumstances. It would, however, be disappointing if the Fleet Air Arm pilot (Cdr Nathan Gray) [NATE said in a recent video that he would be first] is denied the honour of being the first to land on the Royal Navy’s newest carrier.

The F-35 shipboard developmental flying programme includes over 500 ‘test points’ that have to be checked off and the aircraft will conduct multiple landings and takeoffs, including the first F-35 launch from a ski-ramp at sea and the first live demonstration of the Shipborne Rolling Vertical Landing (SRVL) technique...." 18 Aug 2018 HMS Queen Elizabeth sails for the United States – here’s the plan

King Wally

Plenty of 'old' news now. There was a 'news embargo' so 'apparently' a more favourable BBC timeslot would be available. CRIKEY - then an USMC F-35B crashes to 'steel thunder' - thankfully pilot is OK.

Fast jets on deck. F-35 arrives on HMS Queen Elizabeth

The first landing of an F-35B Lighting II Jet on HMS Queen Elizabeth

First F-35 takes off from HMS Queen Elizabeth
Just for a second there I could have sworn I saw Prince Harry smiling back at me from the F35 cockpit. Now THAT would have been a publicity shot!