• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, we do.

Thanks for coming forward.

Pathfinder will contact you soon.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Santpaul, that is fine. We don't need to post details here. Lets use private messaging for communication.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
WebMaster said:
Santpaul, that is fine. We don't need to post details here. Lets use private messaging for communication.
This is pretty clear.... please take heed. I don't really want to lock this thread. :rolleyes:

PS: When its directed towards Admins and Mods and you know that only Admins or mods can reply to such queries, it would be better to just leave it alone instead of posting a reply just for sake of posting a reply. Chances are a mod or my self saw the reply but choose not to reply back as it creates chain of repies afterwards, which I don't really want to do in this thread or forum. If you really want to post do it in forums designated for theme of the website.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajay_ijn

How would u solve the problem of different versions of a Weapon System.

For example T-72 has number of versions and Many countries buy it from Russia and make their own upgraded versions of T-72.Some other foreign countries offer upgrade packages to the T-72.
If all this are included,the article would become really big.

Nuclear and Space Weapons were not there in DB.Why is that??

Another problem is A Missile will have Air to Surface and Surface to Air Versions then in which it will be specified???

For joining DB Team,Will one need to have Complete info on weapon Systems becoz i dont know anything beyond that is given in Web.

I do want to help,but the problem is I don't spend much time on my Computer and suddenly if I become busy due to exams or some other reason.
Is there some deadline for submitting the article??
I am not perfect in English Language,there will be some grammar and spelling mistakes.

mysterious

You have raised a good question. I will discuss it with Path and let you know. In the meantime, if someone else wants to answer this, they're welcome.

srirangan

Banned Member
Hey man, how much did the .info cost? I've seen some folks provide an .info domain for ridiculously low prices ie. < $2

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I thought, pathfinder did get back to you on those questions? :eek:

highsea

Ajay, I will try to answer some of your questions. Feel free to PM me if you need more details.
ajay_ijn said:
How would u solve the problem of different versions of a Weapon System.

For example T-72 has number of versions and Many countries buy it from Russia and make their own upgraded versions of T-72.Some other foreign countries offer upgrade packages to the T-72.
If all this are included,the article would become really big.
Make one article for the baseline version. We can list other versions and operators in the article, and hot link to them in the future as the DB gets more developed.
ajay_ijn said:
Nuclear and Space Weapons were not there in DB.Why is that??
We can add this anytime, if we haven't already, but right now let's concentrate on the main systems- i.e. Air, Land and Sea.
ajay_ijn said:
Another problem is A Missile will have Air to Surface and Surface to Air Versions then in which it will be specified???
Create an article for the baseline version, we can add links to variants later. If you want to write up both at the same time, go ahead, but keep the sections separate in the article so we can split them up and cross reference the articles as necessary.
ajay_ijn said:
For joining DB Team,Will one need to have Complete info on weapon Systems becoz i dont know anything beyond that is given in Web.
No, you don't. We need to stay with open source data anyway. When that data is in pubic domain factsheets, we will use it directly. We just need to avoid copyright violations.
ajay_ijn said:
I do want to help,but the problem is I don't spend much time on my Computer and suddenly if I become busy due to exams or some other reason.
Is there some deadline for submitting the article??
I am not perfect in English Language,there will be some grammar and spelling mistakes.
We will spellcheck and factcheck. There are no deadlines, this is a volunteer project. All we are looking for is for some steady progress.

Anyone else wih questions, or who would like to participate, please send me a PM.