Defencetalk.com Weapons Database (DB) section

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I'm heading the weapon database team. Anyone interested please PM me or add me to their msn messenger [email protected]. I'm looking for members who can contribute on a regularly basis and have a fair amount of knowledge in defence(military background prefered). We need at least 5 members constantly adding and updating info to the database to make this work.

Note that we won't do copy and paste from other defence sites. We are coming up with our own articles to avoid copyright issues.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Oqaab said:
I think should first add specs of aircrafts, like Combataircraft.com. The details should be given afterwards (whoever is interested in writing article).

Howzzzat !!!
Me too help with this. Only aircrafts n their specs....If m useful count me in.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a major project and I would appreciate if people who are offering assistance stick to it til the end. :) By no means do we want you to give up normal day to day activities but do ask for little bit time devoted to this project so we can stay on top of it and stay current with regular updates.

mysterious

I'm always there. If DT team finds me of any help, you can ask me for it for the weapons DB and I'll be glad to give some input as well. :smokingc:

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Team members at this point is me(Land Section), highsea(Naval section), srirangan(Coding and layout), corsair and sabre(Haven't been assigned to a section). Also gf will help proof read and edit wrong contents. Additional members welcome.

We now have our very first own article on Air system section on JF-17. Have a look.

http://defencetalk.com/wdb/content/view/32/26/

I can already tell this is going to work! :)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks Path.

That article was written by Oqaab, our news editor. :D Very nicely written and presented.

There maybe other team members added from my sources. The person who wrote this article on JF-17 will also contribute to DB section:

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/article_1492.shtml

We need to organize this effort and plan it well for it to be successfull.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
There's an error in the article.

It's a Klimov RD-93 engine - not a Kilmov RD-93

:)

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Thank you gf, the errors have now been corrected.

We'll need more team members to keep the database up to date. In the future the team might be double its current size.

Webs do you mind if I ask some guys in China-defense.com to help out with this? There are few guys in there that seems to know their stuff.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hell yeah, anyone you can get. They do not have to be members of this forum in order to help. :) Get them on.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Would you like to join the team myst? I can give you either naval or missile section in the database.

mysterious

What can I do? I'd say its more about what 'you' guys want me to do about the project and which aspect of it to work with. I'd pick the missiles section; howzzat?

mysterious

Yup I can try doing that. You can let me know what all missiles would be included in this missile section. Only ballistic or others as well? :smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
All of you who are in the team should be able to see the forum Weapons DB in the forum list. We will discuss organizational and whatever planning is put into this in that forum.

If you are seriously and sincerely interested in taking up this project with us, post in this thread to gain access. YOU MUST CONTRIBUTE, you can't just say and then not do anything.