Defencetalk.com Weapons Database (DB) section

srirangan

Banned Member
Webmaster,

As far as integration is concerned, it should be possible. But I'll need to study the gallery and wdb systems and their db schemas before I can commit anything.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I'll add and edit contents on land systems. I ain't no expert on computers so I'll just stick to what I know about tanks and armour vehicles.

And how about adding a small arms section to land system, a missile section for air and naval system??

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will Do path. Also, follow the format (text size, style, etc) which is found in

-Air systems
--Fighters
---F-16

We should be good. :D

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
And how about adding a small arms section to land system, a missile section for air and naval system??
I was wondering about going on a bit different track for these.

Currently we have:

Airsystems,
Land Systems,
Naval Systems

I wanted to add:

Missile Systems < under them and then have sub categories like this:

-Missile Systems
--Surface to Surface
--Air to Air
--Air to Surface
--Naval

What do you think? Or would it be easier for you if it was under Land Systems? Then, It will be hard to divide them up in sub categories.

Salman78

If i can be of any help then do let me know.

I guess what would work best for me is that i'll send in some content and the mods can decide if they want to put it up there.

but if i can be of any specific help then i am all ears

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
WDB is down for maintenance.

We need writers to write original content for that section. Anyone willing to write a brief history of military equipment and providing specs?

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
it's not gonna be easy, I only had experience of riding in some vehicle in the canadian army. Other than that I don't know what to write. So unless we got some expert from R&D industry, i don't think it's gonna work.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
How about we gather the info from other source and type out the specs and info in our own words?? That should take care of the copyright problems. But it's gonna take alot longer to built up the weapon section, however it would add tremendous amount of credits to our site since not many others have their own data base.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thats what I was thinking. This means a lot of people will have to pinch in and help out. :help :help :help

Capabilities of the equipment are well known and all we have to do is repharase it in better terms. :D

Oqaab

I think should first add specs of aircrafts, like Combataircraft.com. The details should be given afterwards (whoever is interested in writing article).

Howzzzat !!!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Fine with me if you want to add specs. ;) They are pretty universal and no cr issues either. :D