Argentine navy future

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems as though the ARA San Juan has been located.

It said the navy made a “positive identification” by a remote-operated submersible belonging to American ship Ocean Infinity, which famously was involved in the hunt for MH370 plane.

Argentina: Submarine found sunk year after disappearing

I wonder what the readiness rate of the rest of the fleet is ? I get the impression they don't get a lot of sea days.

KiwiRob

Argentina has just signed letter of intent with China to purchase a 136m 13,250dwt icebreaker, the yard has yet to be decided, there is also a possibility that it will be built in Rio Santiago under Chinese supervision.

Sandhi Yudha

So, last week ARA Piedrabuena 52, the second OPV of the order of four, was launched at the Kership yard.
The first ship of the class ARA Bouchard, before modernisation in use by the Marine Nationale as the L'Adroit P725, is armed with a Giat 20 mm gun, but it seems that the new built vessels all getting something bigger, it looks like an Oto Melara Marlin 30 mm gun.

Last edited:

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Yes, I agree with you Musashi
@militarystripes Welcome to the forum. We have a set of rules here and one of them is that one line posts aren't allowed. We also like our posters to give reasons for their views so maybe you could explain why you agree with Musashi. We look forward to your continued involvement with us.

Sandhi Yudha

This delivery is part of the contract signed by Naval Group with Argentina in 2018 for the delivery of four multi-mission patrol vessels of the Gowind-family. This second patrol vessel of the series acquired by the Argentine Navy, is the first new constructed warship for the Argentina Navy in decades. It offers the same assets and features as those of the first one, the A.R.A. Bouchard, which was in use with the Marine Nationale as the l'Adroit for six years.