United Defense Industries, SANTA CLARA, Calif: United Defense Industries, Inc. has been awarded an $18.2 million contract from the U.S. Army for the conversion of 126 M113A1 armored personnel vehicles to the M113A2Mk1 configuration for the Jordanian Armed Forces (JAF).
This contract implements Phase II of the JAF conversion program. Engineering and program management will be performed at United Defense's Santa Clara, Calif. facility. Material procurement and parts kitting will be shared between production facilities in York, Pa. and with FNSS, the United Defense/Turkey joint venture. Final vehicle integration and assembly will be completed at the King Hussein Main Workshops in Jordan. The work is expected to be completed by May 2006.
The upgrade and overhaul provides an increased power to weight ratio and an improved suspension system. With the added automotive capability, integration of mission equipment such as a weapons station and additional armor is feasible without degrading overall performance.
United Defense designs, develops and produces combat vehicles, artillery, naval guns, missile launchers and precision munitions used by the U.S. Department of Defense and allies worldwide, and provides non-nuclear ship repair, modernization and conversion to the U.S. Navy and other U.S. Government agencies.
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Arms Race in Space
- New Zealand Army Organisation