Iranian Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi says that Tehran has launched production of a domestically developed short-range air defense system.
According to the minister, the air defense system – dubbed Ya Zahra – can detect, track and destroy short-range aerial targets, including aircraft, helicopters and drones. Vahidi added that the mobile system, which can be integrated with the Iranian defense network, can simultaneously destroy several targets. It also features fully automatic tracking, he said.
The system was successfully tested during a joint air defense exercise of the armed forces and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, held November 12-15, 2012. Iran has held several major defense drills in recent months amid mounting war threats made against the country by Israel and the United States.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:iranian warfare forum
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- F-35 - International Participation
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Assad's strategic options
- Indonesian Aero News