Iranian Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi says that Tehran has launched production of a domestically developed short-range air defense system.
According to the minister, the air defense system – dubbed Ya Zahra – can detect, track and destroy short-range aerial targets, including aircraft, helicopters and drones. Vahidi added that the mobile system, which can be integrated with the Iranian defense network, can simultaneously destroy several targets. It also features fully automatic tracking, he said.
The system was successfully tested during a joint air defense exercise of the armed forces and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, held November 12-15, 2012. Iran has held several major defense drills in recent months amid mounting war threats made against the country by Israel and the United States.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates