Compare capabilities and data - LCA & JF-17

Which do u think is better, LCA(india) vs FC-1(pak)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jatt2ooo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
right..............hmmm. ok. this shows how arrogant some people are. :smokingc: when did i compare lca with raptor :smokingc: the lca will be equped with better radar and have far better munverbility. it will be better than the fc-1. the fc-1 is just a engine glowed to a jostick. :D patroitic kid my ass! :mad the air intakes are hell a lot smaller on the lca helping it achieve stealth. its not the stealthest plane in the world but sure is beter than the fc-1! u give me some proof the fc-1 is better than the lca! all youve done is compared lca to other superior jets and cars! :roll [/quote]

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
jatt2ooo said:
right..............hmmm. ok. this shows how arrogant some people are. :smokingc: when did i compare lca with raptor :smokingc: the lca will be equped with better radar and have far better munverbility. it will be better than the fc-1. the fc-1 is just a engine glowed to a jostick. :D patroitic kid my ass! :mad the air intakes are hell a lot smaller on the lca helping it achieve stealth. its not the stealthest plane in the world but sure is beter than the fc-1! u give me some proof the fc-1 is better than the lca! all youve done is compared lca to other superior jets and cars! :roll
[/quote]

I haven't compared it to the F22 at all. What I am pointing out is the farago of nonsense you spout about the aircraft being superior to current 4th gen (let alone 5th gen aircraft)

For goodness sake, it is NOT the size of the intakes that determines a radar return, it is shape and placement. That statement alone from you hilights that you know nothing about what is required to reduce an RCS, about how stealth is achieved.

Its irrelevant to me whether its stealthier than the FC-1 as I don't have a lot of concern. A spitfire would probably have a lower RCS than an FC1

If you wish to continue to trot out garbage about superior avionics, weapons systems and FC systems when there is nothing of substance in your claims then far be it for me to prick your nationalistic fervour. Just don't trot out sentences as fact when they are clearly flawed.

You've yet to show the LANTIRN and FLIR capability which you so proudly spoke of earlier.

If you want to engage in serious debate about the flaws of the aircraft, and that goes for any aircraft I am happy to oblige you. If you want to post stuff that anyone in the aviation sector could punch holes in, then don't expect to be left alone and continue to post it with a contumelious disregard for the truth.

If you want I can dissect your prev post even further. I have elected not to do that as you are obviously proud of Indias achievments. So you should be, that doesn't give you a license to build it up into something that it clearly isn't.

If you want to have a technical argument then I'm happy to engage you, if you need to attack the messenger rather than recognise that your post lacked a high degree of accuracy - and thus deserved a challenge, then so be it.

Try not to use me as a vehicle of discontent of your own frustration for being caught out.

Just to keep you busy for a while:
Where is the LANTIRN capability
Where is the FLIR capability
How is it stealthy by design, where are the aerodynamics affected to influence its stealth advantage
Wheres the Laser designation pod
How is a service ceiling of 50,000 feet going to keep this aircraft out of harms way of any supersonic combat aircraft that was built in the last 45 years?
Out of all the mumbo jumbo that you added in your prev booklet, what part is any different from a standard milspec requirement?
What significant part of this airframe demonstrates a stealthy design brief?
How does Titanium add to a stealth advantage?
Tell me why titanium has been used? I know why its been used but am curious as to what you comprehend about its role in the airframe.
How does an aircraft made of titanium/derivatives, carbon fibre and composites only have a service ceiling of 50000 feet and is still underpowered?

The aircraft is not stealthy even without an external ECM pod, you obviously are prepared to take this on blind faith from someone who must design helicopters, they certainly don't design jets.

You stated "lca will be a cheap small jsf", when you make comments like that you leave yourself wide open for criticism and rebuttal.

It may be a fine aircraft, and I do have the utmost respect for any nation that attempts to build indigenous supersonic aircraft, but that doesn't excuse nationalistic chest beating coupled with informational crap.

"lca will have better stealth techology including flares and such as well as BVR witch is very important. Dont judge a book by its cover! "

Most aircraft (including transport planes) in afghanistan and bosnia have flare kits added. and I'm curious as to WHERE these dispensers are on the aircraft, I can't see any.

In short, if you added all of what you say exists onto this aircraft then its no wonder its not meeting its performance parameters.

IF you want to have a serious conversation, then demonstrate it with answering with facts. Don't use the lame excuse that its classified. The airframe is exposed enough, there are enough pictures and photos in circulation to make any assessment of its capabilities possible.

Please desist from using words such as stealthy when it is apparent that the aircraft has an RCS greater than an F14 Tomcat.

I'm far from arrogant, but I hate charlatans though. I am happy for you to prove me wrong (especially on stealth), but until then I question your credibility.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Way to go gf0012! That's how one tackles flamers and charltans(stating the facts politely smack in their faces)
For jatt2000:
You mentioned in one of u'r posts that the LCA utilises lead in it's constuction & I quote"as well as its made out of lead so it won't show on radar that much!" OK! I suppose everybody knows that lead can absorb radiation an therefore may be helpfull in achieving LO in an aircraft design.But there is a thing called LEAD POISONING which is fatal to humans.But then again maybe u'r pilots aren't human. :roll
( Whats the use of arguing guys like u don't learn :hitwall )

P.S gf0012 the schematics u have show both the LCA(Tejas) and the MCA(that's the tailless twin engined blended wing delta) which is still on the drawing board.[';)']

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
My apologies if I offended anyone re my last response. I make no apologies for the thrust and intent of my message though.

As I have said before, I have friends and work colleagues in both the Indian and Pakistani militaries and it irritates me no end when I see some of their work misrepresented as part of a chest beating exercise.

I would suggest though, that if there is lead in this platform that it be removed rather quickly. Its probably the main reason as to why the engine is underperforming, it's carrying just a just a tad too much weight :)

Lead hasn't been used in bodywork forming since the halcyon days of George Barris,

jatt2ooo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Lca will have a modern radar (western sourced) and a western sourced engine , It will be able to fire beyong 35 mile BVR as well as track aircraft 60-90 miles out, its a delta design so that means good high altitude manuverability, but poor turning radius high angle of attack and poor landing and take off speeds.

The Fc1 will have an arguably poor radar which can fire off misiles only in air to air or air to ground modes it can track aircraft 50 miles out but only shoot missiles 35 miles out, its engine is from the mig-29 so that means high mantinence, its of a double delta design so that means it will be more menuverable than the lca BUt this is muted because it uses an analogue system, its engine will be sub mach 2 Pakistan will need to keep the mirage 5's and f-7's in service :D :D :D OK. Now i've givin good reasons why the LCA is better than the FC-1, now you tell me how the FC-1 is better than the LCA instead of just voting for it! Your calling me a flamer! When did i flame! You guys have'nt said anything about the FC-1. Show me the stuff its gonna have! Why are you just voting for it! Pakistani pride maybe thats blinding your judgment about which fighter is better!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
gf0012 said:
I haven't compared it to the F22 at all. What I am pointing out is the farago of nonsense you spout about the aircraft being superior to current 4th gen (let alone 5th gen aircraft)

For goodness sake, it is NOT the size of the intakes that determines a radar return, it is shape and placement. That statement alone from you hilights that you know nothing about what is required to reduce an RCS, about how stealth is achieved.

Its irrelevant to me whether its stealthier than the FC-1 as I don't have a lot of concern. A spitfire would probably have a lower RCS than an FC1

If you wish to continue to trot out garbage about superior avionics, weapons systems and FC systems when there is nothing of substance in your claims then far be it for me to prick your nationalistic fervour. Just don't trot out sentences as fact when they are clearly flawed.

You've yet to show the LANTIRN and FLIR capability which you so proudly spoke of earlier.

If you want to engage in serious debate about the flaws of the aircraft, and that goes for any aircraft I am happy to oblige you. If you want to post stuff that anyone in the aviation sector could punch holes in, then don't expect to be left alone and continue to post it with a contumelious disregard for the truth.

If you want I can dissect your prev post even further. I have elected not to do that as you are obviously proud of Indias achievments. So you should be, that doesn't give you a license to build it up into something that it clearly isn't.

If you want to have a technical argument then I'm happy to engage you, if you need to attack the messenger rather than recognise that your post lacked a high degree of accuracy - and thus deserved a challenge, then so be it.

Try not to use me as a vehicle of discontent of your own frustration for being caught out.

Just to keep you busy for a while:
Where is the LANTIRN capability
Where is the FLIR capability
How is it stealthy by design, where are the aerodynamics affected to influence its stealth advantage
Wheres the Laser designation pod
How is a service ceiling of 50,000 feet going to keep this aircraft out of harms way of any supersonic combat aircraft that was built in the last 45 years?
Out of all the mumbo jumbo that you added in your prev booklet, what part is any different from a standard milspec requirement?
What significant part of this airframe demonstrates a stealthy design brief?
How does Titanium add to a stealth advantage?
Tell me why titanium has been used? I know why its been used but am curious as to what you comprehend about its role in the airframe.
How does an aircraft made of titanium/derivatives, carbon fibre and composites only have a service ceiling of 50000 feet and is still underpowered?

The aircraft is not stealthy even without an external ECM pod, you obviously are prepared to take this on blind faith from someone who must design helicopters, they certainly don't design jets.

You stated "lca will be a cheap small jsf", when you make comments like that you leave yourself wide open for criticism and rebuttal.

It may be a fine aircraft, and I do have the utmost respect for any nation that attempts to build indigenous supersonic aircraft, but that doesn't excuse nationalistic chest beating coupled with informational crap.

"lca will have better stealth techology including flares and such as well as BVR witch is very important. Dont judge a book by its cover! "

Most aircraft (including transport planes) in afghanistan and bosnia have flare kits added. and I'm curious as to WHERE these dispensers are on the aircraft, I can't see any.

In short, if you added all of what you say exists onto this aircraft then its no wonder its not meeting its performance parameters.

IF you want to have a serious conversation, then demonstrate it with answering with facts. Don't use the lame excuse that its classified. The airframe is exposed enough, there are enough pictures and photos in circulation to make any assessment of its capabilities possible.

Please desist from using words such as stealthy when it is apparent that the aircraft has an RCS greater than an F14 Tomcat.

I'm far from arrogant, but I hate charlatans though. I am happy for you to prove me wrong (especially on stealth), but until then I question your credibility.
Jatt, you need to read this carefully and answer the question. Don't babble about same thing over and over again. Put some thought into it.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
jatt2ooo said:
The Lca will have a modern radar (western sourced) and a western sourced engine , It will be able to fire beyong 35 mile BVR as well as track aircraft 60-90 miles out, its a delta design so that means good high altitude manuverability, but poor turning radius high angle of attack and poor landing and take off speeds.

The Fc1 will have an arguably poor radar which can fire off misiles only in air to air or air to ground modes it can track aircraft 50 miles out but only shoot missiles 35 miles out, its engine is from the mig-29 so that means high mantinence, its of a double delta design so that means it will be more menuverable than the lca BUt this is muted because it uses an analogue system, its engine will be sub mach 2 Pakistan will need to keep the mirage 5's and f-7's in service :D :D :D OK. Now i've givin good reasons why the LCA is better than the FC-1, now you tell me how the FC-1 is better than the LCA instead of just voting for it! Your calling me a flamer! When did i flame! You guys have'nt said anything about the FC-1. Show me the stuff its gonna have! Why are you just voting for it! Pakistani pride maybe thats blinding your judgment about which fighter is better!
You still haven't answered any of the questions I asked earlier, and now you want to complicate your life by adding more into the mix....

a delta isn't designed to give good high altitude manourvrability, its designed that way for other reasons. If it was designed to turn and burn at high altitude then you wouldn't have the taiwanese so fed up with the preformance of their mirages because they're starving at altitude.

the LCA won't have a western sourced engine (now you are contradicting yourself) It will use an indiginous engine as India doesn't want to risk being exposed to the deleterious side effects of an arms embargo. (read your own initial thread as well to update and remind yourself of what you copied from the initial web pages))

what the heck has the delta design got to do with poor turning, take off and landing speeds. Ever seen a Rafale or a Gripen, or a Typhoon turn? They can scare the pants off of an F16 driver! You are avoiding questions by throwing in spurious distractants.

You haven't given any credible responses as to why the LCA is a superior plane, you certainly haven't provided any info that says that the LCA is a match for the Typhoon (read your original post again)

When you can answer these things satisfactorily then I'm happy to discuss performance comparisons with the JF-17 which was your initial comparitor - NOT the FC-1. After that then we can chat about performance differences on the FC-1.

You should be greatful that I'm being independant here, imagine how hard the questions could be if I wasn't... :eek

You have yet to prove your case with the LCA, its a little rich to expect the pakistani or pro LC-1 or JF-17 advocates to put up counter claims when you have made such a mess of your supporting arguments. Its your credibility (and unfortunately now, by association the LCA) which is at risk.

Winter

Watcher, Fine....Just keep the 'indian' part out of it...It just doesn't matterand for all you know he's an Azerbaijani caretaker who perhaps didn't like his hotel when he went to Pakistan okay? This is the anomynous, international internet on a website not supposed to care about countries, races, creed, skin colour...

jatt2oo...What the heck is wrong with you? You call gf0012 an 'annoying pakistani' and hate him because of it and that he's 'dising' you....Though what you do on forum does not matter and you can do whatever you want, just don't bring it here.

The idea of letting people's nationality (including your own) seriously affect your decisions on grading military equipment is quite preposterous. I mean, of course, there is nationalistic pride and bias with everyone to a certain extent but then there is....

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Just so that it is obviously clear to everyone. I am Australian. Not Pakistani, Not Indian, Not American, Not British etc. etc......

Nationality shouldn't have anything to do with this.. :roll

Addendum.

I have worked with Indian and Pakistani military people on different projects, I've worked as a defense analyst and on military projects across a number of disciplines. Its my job as well as my "hobby".

Like everyone here I have an interest in things military, but I also have a desire to understand a lot more clearly how other people think. If you deal with people purely at a military level you end up getting caught in a rarefied atmosphere. Therefore its good for me to be able to see how other people see military issues.

What I can't tolerate is people who try to inflame situations and create racial tension - it craps me right off.

I am quite happy to talk to anyone about anything, but I won't suffer trolls.
If we can all play nicely, then we'll all learn something along the way (as I have).

/speech off

Winter

gf0012 said:
Just so that it is obviously clear to everyone. I am Australian. Not Pakistani, Not Indian, Not American, Not British etc. etc......
Quite...Read the thread and what our man in Network54 says.... :roll

shamsi

GF0012, cheers mate.

There are a bunch of patriots (kids) here.

If i remember correctly, it took a lifting in embargo to test gly the LCA.

JF17 seems like a compromise Pakistan is making in light of their options (or lack thereof).

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Winter said:
gf0012 said:
Quite...Read the thread and what our man in Network54 says.... :roll
Unfortunately I can't get into the forum to read what was said, but I hope he's calmed down a bit.

He wasn't doing the LCA any favours by carrying on like that.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Well buddygf0012 the whole page copied and pasted for your reading pleasure.(Every body on that forum is just shooting arrows in the dark) :D

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >> Return to Index

Every one who knows jets better tell me!
December 21 2003 at 3:11 AM
No score for this post Anonymous (Login jatt2ooo)
Redcoats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In what ways is the lca better than the fc-2. give credible answers and resources. explain and show your logic!

Score 1 2 3 4 5 (5=Excellent) Respond to this message

Author Reply

Fanny
(Login IndianPride)
Forza La Banda Di Fratelli
Re: Every one who knows jets better tell me!
No score for this post December 21 2003, 3:24 AM

You mean FC-1? (Fighter China)

On January 26, 1950, India's Constitution came into effect. For almost half of a century since then, on that day every year, thousands show up to honour the moment. The Republic Day Parade, however is a well-rehearsed part of the official celebrations

Score 1 2 3 4 5 (5=Excellent)

Anonymous
(Login kronicFever)
Satyameva Jayate
No score for this post December 21 2003, 3:39 AM

For the Most part on Paper Both AC are similar and have a similar Role.
However while the FC-1 was built as a Mig-21 Replacement the LCA is a little omre than that. BLOCK 30 LCA will feature TVC and Canrads . ADA is currently in the process of Building its AESA along with the MMR . THE FC-1 AS OF NOW has no avionics whatsoever. and has undergone only 1 test flight so we dont evenknow if its air worthy yet.

THe FC-1 has a slightly larger payload by the LCA is more manoverable and has a lower RCS .

Lastly the LCA will be backed by a MUCH powerful Air Survellience Infrastructure than the FC/1. IT will include the Green Pine , Rajendra , INdra II Ground Survelience Radars backed by the PHALCON AWAC.

ALso Currently Pakistan has no SD-10 whatsoever while India has a Large INventory of R-77 BVR missles.

" While we teach the Art of war we should not Glorify the Acts of war"

R.K. Laxman, India's renowned cartoonist, honours the hardy & humble Indian Jawan

Anonymous
(Login hsz)
No score for this post December 21 2003, 4:06 AM

I just read a report, it says China's arms sales to foreign countries has dropped significantly last year, from 3 billion in the previous year to 400 million. I hope FC-1 can be successful in export market, we better make some money out of FC-1 so that we can keep buying russian weapons. hehe...many countries that are currently operating Chinese J-7 are gonna buy FC-1 to replace their aging J-7 fleets for sure, (certainly Pakistan and bangledesh, maybe myanmar egypt and some african countries as well).

badr and Uhud
(Select Login BrotherAbdullah)
No score for this post December 21 2003, 4:11 AM

the fc-1 will not have a digital FBW system, it will not have HOTAS (hands on throttle and stick)

Me against my Brother
me and my brother against my cousin
me my brother and my cousin against the stranger

Anonymous
(Login kronicFever)
Satyameva Jayate
No score for this post December 21 2003, 4:17 AM

brotherabdullah. You are correct the Fc-1 as of now has nothing but an Engine and A joystick to fly and land it.

" While we teach the Art of war we should not Glorify the Acts of war"

R.K. Laxman, India's renowned cartoonist, honours the hardy & humble Indian Jawan

I ain't no han, I'm Mongolian, I'm Manchu!
(Login hsz)
No score for this post December 21 2003, 4:46 AM

But it's good enough for third-world countries air forces.

remember China's J-7 was indeed a crappy plane, but it has been VERY SUCCESSFUL in export market, it was exported to many countries around the world.

Anonymous
(Login jatt2ooo)
Redcoats
No score for this post December 21 2003, 4:47 AM

but i heard they were still making that. give some proof so i an use it in another forum. and is lca stealthy, and will it have better radar as well will it function better in dogfights against fc-1. when fc-1 is complete.
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708
this sob is dising lca with fc-1.

This message has been edited by jatt2ooo on Dec 21, 2003 4:51 AM

Anonymous
(Login jatt2ooo)
Redcoats
No score for this post December 21 2003, 6:04 AM

answer me!

badr and Uhud
(Select Login BrotherAbdullah)
ok lets compare
No score for this post December 21 2003, 6:07 AM

The Fc1 will have an arguably poor radar which can fire off misiles only in air to air or air to ground modes it can track aircraft 50 miles out but only shoot missiles 35 miles out, its engine is from the mig-29 so that means high mantinence, its of a double delta design so that means it will be more menuverable than the lca BUt this is muted because it uses an analogue system, its engine will be sub mach 2 Pakistan will need to keep the mirage 5's and f-7's in service

Me against my Brother
me and my brother against my cousin
me my brother and my cousin against the stranger

Anonymous
(Login jatt2ooo)
Redcoats
No score for this post December 21 2003, 4:54 PM

thnx
i need more info. i need you guys to dis these anoying pakis!
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708&start=20
i need you guys to give me reasonable responses to did these guys!
help a brother out!

This message has been edited by jatt2ooo on Dec 21, 2003 5:12 PM

Defence Talk
(Login Defencetalk)
Hellenic Phalanx
No score for this post December 21 2003, 10:14 PM

Hey jatt2ooo,

Did you actually read this?

http://defencetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4236#4236

There are no answers my friend, so stop looking for them. These guys don't have the answers either. The guy debating you on defencetalk isn't pakistani. He is Australian Defence Expert or something.

Anonymous
(Login jatt2ooo)
Redcoats
No score for this post December 21 2003, 11:19 PM

then why are those ****in paki's voting for paki land!

Current Topic - Every one who knows jets better tell me! Respond to this message

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >> Return to Index

The poor kid's got into a mess here just by shooting off his trap
Thats why I don't like such forums,people come and post without any research and or knowhow about the topic.

[/b]

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks umair!

Silly bugger, If he'd been a little more circumspect and reasonable then we could have had a sensible discussion.

Live and learn. Its the first time I've been called a paki though.. ;)

Was that meant to be an insult?? :D

umair

Peace Enforcer
Yep! the British neonazis used to call immigrants from Pakistan that in the 60s-80s.But now the use of this word has abated, still it is disliked by us as it was used as aderogatory method of adressing Pakistanis

tabbas

jat2000 wrote.....The other systems onboard the LCA are LANTRIN, FLIR, MMR (Multi Mode Radar), INS (Internal Navigation System), advances electronic warfare suite and a Laser Designation pod.

what is "Internal navigation System" :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.