Compare capabilities and data - LCA & JF-17

Which do u think is better, LCA(india) vs FC-1(pak)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltared075

aaaditya said:
that was surface to air range ,air to air rance is likely to be higher due to less air density at higher altitudes.astra is designed to have a range of 80-120kms.a ram jet propulsion is also being developed which is expected to give the missile a range of 160kms.israel invited india for its python5 derby missile projects.dont know if india accepted it or not.but indian army officials and drdo officials visited russia to seek help on the indian missile programme the problems in the trishul missile were fixed by the israelis.
How do you know that the surface to air range?

Do you see anyone testing a AAM on ground?

ajay_ijn

It was tested two times on the ground and the range was 40km.
However air-air range will be more.
It was designed to have a range of 100km.

Deltared075

ajay_ijn said:

It was tested two times on the ground and the range was 40km.
However air-air range will be more.
It was designed to have a range of 100km.
Please give me the link that it have 40km on ground test.
thank.

rabirizvi

Dear Suryaa,part of the article from the link that you have shared, really shows the quality of the research work, the writer has put into it:)

"As Siva, a contributor on Bharat Rakshak points out, the JF-17 is more comparable to the HJT-36 Sitara intermediate jet trainer – since both have an all-metal airframe, conventional controls, and an externally sourced engine. And the Sitara was developed even faster than the Thunder."

suryaaa

Dear Suryaa,part of the article from the link that you have shared, really shows the quality of the research work, the writer has put into it:)

"As Siva, a contributor on Bharat Rakshak points out, the JF-17 is more comparable to the HJT-36 Sitara intermediate jet trainer – since both have an all-metal airframe, conventional controls, and an externally sourced engine. And the Sitara was developed even faster than the Thunder."
Yes thats what confusing me either the author lied out of patriotism :rolleyes:or its the fact !!! Thats why i wanted to discus this with technocrats in this forum who has prettty much idea about what is what , atleast they take it in the wright sense.

dragonfire

Some Questions if forum members can help me out

Does anyone know if the LSProduction of 8 aircraft of the HAL Tejas is for the order of 20 given by IAF or production for the testing phases of the Aircraft. ?

Also any ideas if this isnt it when the Production would start for the IAF's order. ?

I read somewhere that the LCA's flight time is only about 40 mins if it doesnt carry tanks - is this true, if not what is that actual time which it can fly without being refuled on internal fuel stores. The piece i read also was stating that in the testing phase with 2 FTs of 800 Litre each the Fighter fles for a sortie of an hour and 40 mins

Has anyone got an idea if the Mark2 variant will have any changes apart from the engine ?

Has MMR (Multi Mode Radar) become ready for IOC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.