The F-35 Lightning II Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS) will make its CANSEC debut this year in the Rockwell Collins exhibit (Booth 1103). The HMDS, manufactured by Rockwell Collins ESA Vision Systems, provides F-35 pilots with unprecedented situational awareness for piloting the most advanced aircraft in the world. The virtual head up display provides pilots with day and night operation capability and a binocular wide field of view.
Rockwell Collins specializes in leveraging commercial avionics for military applications while also providing its customers with high performance communications in any environment. Journalists and show attendees are invited to the company’s exhibit at CANSEC 2014 to learn more about Rockwell Collins avionics and communications products, solutions and systems integration capabilities, including:
Advanced, proven airborne products, systems and solutions
- ARC-210 – Airborne programmable software defined radio
- HeliSure – Enhanced situational awareness for helicopter safety
- Pro Line Fusion – Applying innovative commercial avionics for military aircraft
High-performance, interoperable, secure networking communications
- Wideband HF – Communications for secure exchange of high bandwidth data
- 721S radio – Fixed site communications for command and control
- FireStorm – Situational awareness for mapping and tracking friend or foe
- SMART Blade Radio – Flexible, space efficient communications for air traffic control applications
- Link 16 – Wide range of Link 16 terminals
Simulation, training and life cycle support
- Link 16 Simulation and RealFires- Solving complex simulation and training challenges
- FlexForce – Tailorable, performance based service solutions
Rockwell Collins is committed to serving its Canadian customers. With a workforce of more than 140 engineers, program managers and support staff in Ontario and Quebec, Rockwell Collins has a well-established and growing presence in Canada and is actively involved in the local communities. The Montreal facility primarily handles Commercial Systems sales to the Canadian civil aviation community. It is an important element in the company’s strategic alliance with Bombardier Aerospace, through which Rockwell Collins provides customer engineering and operations support.
The facility in Ottawa specializes in the design and development of wireless, ad hoc networking technologies, including battlefield modeling and simulation of tactical networks. The SubNet Relay Technology developed there is in use with customers worldwide, deployed with some of the world’s major navies. Additionally, the Canadian-designed Tactical Application and Communication Test Bed enables customers to simulate operational military scenarios using models of military applications, devices and protocols through a fully distributed discrete event communication simulator.
The facility also serves to coordinate customer service and repairs for Rockwell Collins products sold to Canadian military and commercial customers including Intermediate-level repair and service capability for the Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) Link 16 terminals installed on Canadian Forces’ CF-18 fighters and ARC-210 radios in use on all RCAF fleets of aircraft.
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Canadian military system Integrators, f-35 helmet display system, F-35LightningIIHelmetMountedDisplaySystemtoMakeCANSECDebut|Aviation&AirForceNewsatDefenceTalk, most advanced helmet mounted display in the world 2014
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Ukranian Crisis
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- ADF General discussion thread
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Assad's strategic options
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates