The Liaoning and its crew members had conducted a series of scheduled tests and training drills in the homeport during the period.
Currently, China operates one aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, which was refitted based on an unfinished Russian-made carrier and delivered to the Navy on Sept. 25, 2012.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- China's motives behind its new Air Defence Identification Zone
- Movies with good Jet Air Combat?
- F-35 - International Participation
- Role of rifle fire/heavier small arms/other weapons
- X-37 - The first military space plane?
- M16 vs AK-47?
- Should the 5.56 be replaced?
- Skunk Works unveil SR-72 concept
- New TKMS (HDW) "budget" submarine presented at SUBCON 2007
- Your kettle may be spying on you.