Memorial plaque dedicated to the liberators of Heinerscheid. Next to the plaque are 2 anti tank canons, 1 US and 1 german 8.8 cm.
Heinerscheid is located in the north of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.
Only a few 100 meters away is the Dasburg bridge. This bridge over the river Our was used by the german tanks in the winter 1944/45 to cross the Our and start the so-called Rundstedt offensive, later called by the US troops " Battle of the Bulge"
The river Our is the border between Germany and Luxembourg, Dasburg is the 1st village on the german side.