Memorial Marnach

R

Memorial Marnach

Plaques and the clock of Marnach, dedicated to the liberators in the winter of 1944.
Marnach is located around 8 km ( 5 miles) from Clervaux.
Clervaux is hidden in a small valley and has an medival castle on a smaller hill behind the village. The castle was occupated by the germans and the US troops were starting the attack on the castle from Marnach. During the early morning hours they shoot with tanks and howitzers to the castle to cover the troops attacking the outside walls of the castle of Clervaux.Marnach lies higher than Clervaux and the castle, so the Marnach position was optimal to reach the enemy with relative small weapons.
Clervaux was nearly completely destroyed.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Military Cemeteries
Added by
Raybin
Date added
View count
1,240
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top