"What was he thinking?"

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: THE FOOL HE WAS

gf0012-aust said:
:cop :cop Everyone needs to settle down in here. No more reflex responses, one liners or barbs. :nono

Ok Boss...but you tell SriRangan....hes been posting sentimental post and that made carried away.

srirangan

Banned Member
Boss .. this whole thread was mocking my country and just one comment from me makes you piss your pants?

This thread directly violates the rules and still it exists .. shame

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
srirangan said:
Boss .. this whole thread was mocking my country and just one comment from me makes you piss your pants?

This thread directly violates the rules and still it exists .. shame
Yes, it does contradict the rules of good behaviour, hence the universal warning. If I was to react to every response then a lot of posts in here would automatically go into lockup - hardly useful to the spirit of debate.

This way, everyone gets the chance to modify their responses without having the thread go into the ice age.

My job is to make sure that you guys don't try and club each other all the time when its not necessary - "pi$$ing my pants" - is not something that has occurred to me to be a motivating factor in moderating these things.

I can quite happily wield a cudgel and lock down the post - but that will not serve any purpose except make viewing and response times awfully short.

Conversely, the thread can stay open as long as people modify the way they react to each other and the post gains a little more respectability.

I get Pakistani posters who say I give Indian posters too much slack, and then I get Indian posters who say I give the Pakistani's too much slack. In the last two days I had an Australian question the fact that I warned a poster on an anti-jewish statement, he reasoned that I should sin bin the poster immediately. So far it's only the Americans who have left me alone. ;)

srirangan

Banned Member
Okay think about it.

A thread callin' the Indian forces "fools", a similar thread about Pak would've been deleted even before it got even 1 read, and you are still advocating letting this thread stay and you hope it gains respectability.

eh.

srirangan

Banned Member
Ohh wait..

So far it's only the Americans who have left me alone.
I ain't askin you to interfere, just don't interfere in one's favour .. I can give'em enough by myself and I don't need friends with special links to make me look good.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

When I posted this topic I didnt know ppl would take the SUBJETC as anti India act. I did not mean to insult India nor its army. I just used an old but popular cleche to describe a foolish act by a pilot. The whole purpose of the post was to bring in other such stories from different countries about different pilots, navy officer & land officers. I mentioned b4 in this thread that to isass that I didnt ment to insult any country and the pics I posted were just of Pak army's success in a war- Now we have only fought 3 wars and all of them with India, so how do I bring in pics of Pak army's success against some other country.

I am sorry boss...I'll try to avoid any thing that goes against the rulz and I will have no problem If you had to change the name of the SUBJECT better change it to "WHAT WAS HE THINKING" I think that wont bother Sri and other Indians.

Salman78

Sikand wasnt a fool. His luck ran out. He didnt land there on purpose. Any other pilot would have done the same thing under those circumstances as he was running low on fuel.

Unless ofcourse one has courage like Rashid Minhas who preferred death over surrender.

P.A.F

why don't we just change the post subject to suit our indian friend :) maybe then the thread will be a little more peaceful.

srirangan

Banned Member
No source for the story, next thing I'll come up with imaginary stories about PAK personnel. I think this must be deleted cause all this thread aims to do is to ridicule a country and its forces without any source or credibility.

gtg now .. my stupid comp is buggin me like shit .. i put 512mb ram and it still screws up.. argh i hate windows..

Salman78

srirangan said:
No source for the story, next thing I'll come up with imaginary stories about PAK personnel. I think this must be deleted cause all this thread aims to do is to ridicule a country and its forces without any source or credibility.

gtg now .. my stupid comp is buggin me like *shuck* .. i put 512mb ram and it still screws up.. argh i hate windows..

Srirangan... U need to come down to Karachi and look at this war trophy urself. Nothing else will convience you. So this story is not fake or ridicule or whatever u wish to call it. No source is needed cause this is a hardcore established fact.

By the way... here it is :smokingc:

http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/warbirds/images/gnat_ie1083.jpg

http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/warbirds/fandb.html

And another link from an indian website

http://www.warbirdsofindia.com/ovgnat.html

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
srirangan said:
Okay think about it.

A thread callin' the Indian forces "fools", a similar thread about Pak would've been deleted even before it got even 1 read, and you are still advocating letting this thread stay and you hope it gains respectability.

eh.
Actually, I read it as "fool" for someone who might have made a foolish decision. I certainly didn't see it as a slight in Indians. perhaps it's a perception thing.

In hindsight i see your point. Perhaps you could do what others have in the past - PM me if you think something has been overstepped, that way we can deal with it without having these things re-occur.

I can assure you, that if I considered it malicious, I would have locked it pretty quickly.

As it is there is now an expectation it will be renamed. (which hasn't happened) So once Saber gets back with to me (or another mod) with a socially acceptable title it will remain locked.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Salman78 said:
srirangan said:

gtg now .. my stupid comp is buggin me like *shuck* .. i put 512mb ram and it still screws up.. argh i hate windows..

Srirangan... U need to come down to Karachi and look at this war trophy urself. Nothing else will convience you. So this story is not fake or ridicule or whatever u wish to call it. No source is needed cause this is a hardcore established fact.

By the way... here it is :smokingc:

http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/warbirds/images/gnat_ie1083.jpg

http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/warbirds/fandb.html

And another link from an indian website

http://www.warbirdsofindia.com/ovgnat.html
Thanks salman, after your links and photos I dnt think Srirangan has to come down here to Karachi. Thats enough proof.
Thanks for posting the links before I could, I would have had to go through search engine again to find this. Anyways I think I found it on Indian website. Bharatrakshak may be.

Sorry sri for every thing but now you have got the proof.

VICTORA1

Guys,
This plane flew right above our house. My father was posted in the city of Samasatta at that time. My father yelled at me to run outside and see the plane flying by and I came running out and saw it. I was only 8 years old at that time.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
VICTORA1 said:
Guys,
This plane flew right above our house. My father was posted in the city of Samasatta at that time. My father yelled at me to run outside and see the plane flying by and I came running out and saw it. I was only 8 years old at that time.
Hmmm. U wre 8 yrs old in 1965. U must be 47-48 yrs old now. BTW what was your house doing near an active air field during a war? and how do u knw it was the same Indian Jet?

VICTORA1

Sabre,
Samasatta is not too far from the border. The plane had to take a flight route and incidently it flew over our house as it might have flown over many other towns. Yeah I am 47 now and my father told me the same day what had happened with that plane.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
VICTORA1 said:
Sabre,
Samasatta is not too far from the border. The plane had to take a flight route and incidently it flew over our house as it might have flown over many other towns. Yeah I am 47 now and my father told me the same day what had happened with that plane.
Must have been some experiance. Give details share with other will ya.