what should be added in Pak Army?

yasin_khan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pakistan army
Active: 620,000
Reserves: 513,000

Army (550,000)
9 Corps HQ, 2 Armored Divisions, 19 Infantry Divisions with 1 area Command Division, 9 Corps Artillery Brigades, 26 Independent Brigades (7 Armored, 1 Mechanized, 6 Infantry, 5 Artillery, 7 Engineering) 3 Armored Reconnaissance Regiments, 3 SF Battalions, 1 Advanced Deployment Command

Paramilitary (294,000)
National Guard: 185,000
Frontier Corps: 65,000
Pakistan Rangers: 25,000 - 30,000
Northern Light Infantry: 12,000; 3 Battalions
Maritime Security Agency: 2000

Strategic Force
On May 28, 1998 Pakistan announced that it had successfully conducted five nuclear tests. The Pakistani Atomic Energy Commission reported that the five nuclear tests conducted on May 28 generated a seismic signal of 5.0 on the Richter scale, with a total yield of up to 40 KT (equivalent TNT).

P.A.F

well if you ask me. pakistan should get more al-khalids and better surface to surface and anti tank missiles. but on the other hand thats just extra coz pakistani army is good as it is. o and by the way one more thing. they should het more attack helicopters for definate.

yasin_khan

Main equipments of Pak army.
Tanks 2315+(local production, more expected)
APCs 1050+(local production, more expected)
Artillery Towed 1470
Artillery self propelled 240
MRLs 45+(local production, more expected)
Mortars 725
SSM Launchers 122
AA Guns 2000+(local production, more expected)
Surface to Surface Ballistics Missiles 100+(local production, more expected)
Anti Tank Guided Weapons 820+(local production, more expected)
Attack Helicopter AH1 Cobra 20
Transport Helicopter
Mi8\17 18
Sa 330 Puma 25
Bell 206b 10
Bell 205 6

yasin_khan

P.A.F
i think some more anti tank weapons will do best with the current one with army.

P.A.F

true but i think that attack helicopters r more needed because they can help in the air or be tank busters. 2 in 1. :D:

yasin_khan

Army should buythe new and latest attack helis like ROOIVALK ATTACK HELICOPTER of SOUTH AFRICA, A129 INTERNATIONAL MULTI-ROLE COMBAT HELICOPTER of ITALY, KA-50 BLACK SHARK ATTACK HELICOPTER of RUSSIA

P.A.F

if we can get our hands on apaches then that would be even better. the army inducted a few russian hinds a few months back.

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Hinds? Ka-50s? god almighty as if the russo-pak relations are palmy. :roll

By 2010 well have 72 AH-1s. 60 have been ordered and its possible that another squadron will be put together from remaining Cobras. And PAF the army did not induct any Mi-24s. The ones we did are Mi-17 and you cant expect us to get more than that from the russians. :(

The rooivalks are a great choice. But since there the equivalent of the Ah-64 its possible that they cost the same as it. And anyway the south africans and indians are very close so the sale might be blocked. :cry

And Yasin, i dont think you should rely on pakistani defence.com for all you info. Its basically a lot of propoganda. We dont locally produce every armoured vehicle in our arsenal. We assemble most. Theres a difference and its hard to belive we make a system as complex as a MLRS. I thought this link of some chinese MLRS might interest you as the PA is possible to induct them. :)

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/artillery/mlrs/mlrs.asp

And lastly the army would do better to shift from a division structure to a Brigade one. That is it should convert its divisions to brigades in order to speed up the battle tempo and to ease handling. :smokingc:

Oqaab

India will be making 1000 T-90S tanks. Pakistan Army needs more then 500 T-84 tanks in order to maintain balance.

pezfez

seeing that we're getting more cobras, i think pak needs more mlrs and spa, and the chinese r pretty good at making those (ws-1b and some spz-2000?) i also heard about the joint-production of a spa betw china and pak, ne one know about it?

manna

HI guys, nice discussion , but my dear friend u all are restricting ur thought to conventional arms, mind u that things ar e pretty different now , as both have goone nrclear, and developing and inducting missiles technology in their forces, this demands some more and extra ordinary step and weopanry/equpiment to maint the armed forces under those hard and rough battle fields, the conventional weaponary has to be in magnamity these fast changing environtments,
so wat i think is pakistan should have develope some good missile defence system, then should equip and train her army to operate in NBc environments and then should develope some good comd and control systm down to it lowest possible units to be able to deliver effectively in those fast changing environments of the modren fields,
AM i right or , not, thx for bearing me , :)

manna

gys corrction , for word magnamity, for it kindly read , MAGNANIMITY
pardon me for this oversight, thx :roll

brahmos

pezfez said:
seeing that we're getting more cobras, i think pak needs more mlrs and spa, and the chinese r pretty good at making those (ws-1b and some spz-2000?) i also heard about the joint-production of a spa betw china and pak, ne one know about it?
How many cobras is paks getting. I never heard about this.

Airplane

brahmos said:
pezfez said:
How many cobras is paks getting. I never heard about this.

pak is getting 40 cobras 40 hueys and 40 other transportation helis

mysterious

Forget the heavy stuff such as tanks and support heli-gunships cuz they are already in focus of Pakistan Army officials. I feel that our artillery department is being severly neglected cuz we 'seriously' need MORE and ADVANCED artillery pieces. I would like to see some hardcore Howitzers coming in as well as some nice MRLS and in good quantities. :cop