US Military using teleport in Australia

Deterrence Wonk

Wouldn't that pose a threat to the location, for example in Guam or Australia? You know, make them a lot more appealing as a target?
I suppose that any US military installation, or overseas national asset, is a target. I also believe that the US operates under this assumption at all times.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
Are you talking about the teleporters I have in mind?

"Beam me up Scotty..."
My heard my heart beat when I first saw this thread, with that in mind.
Mine too. But I had read an article in Science in 2000 where they had managed to teleport a photo from one side of a lab to another. It is all about information according to the article. Methinks I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for the human test. No guarantee that you would rematerialise in exact same condition you were before you teleported. A pity though - think of all the time saved not having to wait around in airports.

marlonb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mine too. But I had read an article in Science in 2000 where they had managed to teleport a photo from one side of a lab to another. It is all about information according to the article. Methinks I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for the human test. No guarantee that you would rematerialise in exact same condition you were before you teleported. A pity though - think of all the time saved not having to wait around in airports.
Me too. Haha. I mean, whoever is willing to be the first to be teleported somewhere else has my admiration. But I think I'd rather stick to the military teleports than transmitted somewhere else on earth or in space.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Me too. Haha. I mean, whoever is willing to be the first to be teleported somewhere else has my admiration. But I think I'd rather stick to the military teleports than transmitted somewhere else on earth or in space.
We could always use pollies as guinea pigs. Solve two problems at once. :)
definitely would choose this provider!!!:D
Are you a troll or something siimilar? Two posts and you're already running foul of the Mods. It's against forum rules to post one liners and we all sure dislike trolls.