United States Marine Corps

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The pilot ejected successfully, but the USMC F-35 crashed somewhere in South-Carolina and the jetfighter is now unfindable.
Lots of memes doing the rounds about this. Mostly revolving around a lost poster. Some are even humorous.

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, almost anything lost from the air in SC, never gets found. They're still missing a nuclear bomb or two from the sixties I believe.

Sandhi Yudha

As I mentioned in another, the US army’s V-280 must be more reliable as the build will be in the thousands.
Absolutely.
Also this time nobody survived the crash.

Lots of memes doing the rounds about this. Mostly revolving around a lost poster. Some are even humorous.
To be fair, almost anything lost from the air in SC, never gets found. They're still missing a nuclear bomb or two from the sixties I believe.
The good news is that the F-35B was found 30 hours later. So the chinese or Iranians didn't get the chance to recover it and take it home.

OldNavy63

The USMC Marine Rotational Force - Darwin (MRF-D), commenced with a force of 200 Marines arriving in April 2012. MRF-D has grown over the years to now comprise 2,500 Marines and supporting elements. The attached USNI report is from a US perspective focussing on MRF-D and also the more recently established Marine Rotational Forces Southeast Asia (MRF-SEA).