UAS developments and/or issues

colay1

Ford's got to flog it's auto business I guess.:) Tying a drone to a launch vehicle that will have to contend with traffic gridlock seems counter-intuitive.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ford's got to flog it's auto business I guess.:) Tying a drone to a launch vehicle that will have to contend with traffic gridlock seems counter-intuitive.
the body shape makes it easy to fit inside a shipping container :)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hopefully some of the new anti-drone devices prove themselves shortly. It appears some allies may bankrupt themselves if they continue with their current approach.:eek:nfloorl:

US ally used $3 million Patriot missile to shoot down a $200 drone - Business Insider
I read that earlier today and thought may have been an over zealous air defence officer with a new toy. They might've got a rather terse please explain afterwards from the Treasury :) Could be a promotion killer :eek:nfloorl:

hauritz

I read that earlier today and thought may have been an over zealous air defence officer with a new toy. They might've got a rather terse please explain afterwards from the Treasury :) Could be a promotion killer :eek:nfloorl:
In all seriousness though ... you could completely overwhelm an enemy's defences with several hundred drones purchased from toys 'r' us.

swerve

Super Moderator
All those armies which got rid of light AAA may be thinking "Oh shit!" right now. Looks like exactly the right sort of weapon for shooting down cheap little UAVs, especially if there's some sort of flechette or fragmentation round available. Nothing too expensive & fancy, mind you.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
All those armies which got rid of light AAA may be thinking "Oh shit!" right now. Looks like exactly the right sort of weapon for shooting down cheap little UAVs, especially if there's some sort of flechette or fragmentation round available. Nothing too expensive & fancy, mind you.
CLAWS would make an absolute mess... :)