Turkish navy

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Turkiye MinDef before already talk on sister ship of Anodolu which will call Trakya.

Ankara had previously announced plans to build a sister ship, the TCG Trakya later this decade.

However talk about new carrier design seems getting traction. Base on Turkish media and forums, it can be a large STOBAR design (as put in this article,from Navy recognition;

Or something that larger then Anodolu, but still base on Spanish design (which means still work with Spain).

I guess in the end reality of budget will determine what they are going to get. The STOBAR design will depend their capabilities to navalised their TFX (similar with ROK plan to Navalised KFX). However even ROK with larger economy and defense industry, seems having second thoughts on that. I do suspect modified Anadolu is what they are getting. Still within their budget and industrial reach, and workable with their continues concept as drone light carriers.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Few days ago TCG Istanbul the first of Turkey MILGEM program Frigate offcialy enter Turkey Navy active roosters.

Put it also video from the producer STM channel. 8 of MILGEM Frigate being plan, and seems they will replace all MEKO 200 Frigates. At least the first four of MEKO is already set to be retire and replace by MILGEM Frigate.

Turkish MILGEM Corvette already found customer in Pakistan and in talk also with Malaysia.

Sandhi Yudha

Our First Look at the Turkish Navy's Future Aircraft Carrier - Naval News
Details and pictures have been released on the possible future Aircraft Carrier for the Turkish Navy. The plan appears to be for a 285m, 60,000t STOBAR carrier. The pictures released of the model show a version of the indigenous Fighter Jet known as the KAAN lined up on the flight deck
The front of the ski-jump looks really weird, just a straight vertical surface at the front edge.

|"The STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) solution appears to be the most viable in terms of cost-effectiveness. Nevertheless, adjustments to the design may occur based on evolving needs and the current geopolitical landscape."|

Sometimes i wonder what will be more cost-effective, develop a more compact STOBAR-carrier and a more sophisticated jetfighter with powerful engines, or a large CATOBAR carrier with less sophisticated jetfighters.
Probably it also depends on the amount of required aircraft carriers and jetfighters. .

Redlands18

The front of the ski-jump looks really weird, just a straight vertical surface at the front edge.

|"The STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) solution appears to be the most viable in terms of cost-effectiveness. Nevertheless, adjustments to the design may occur based on evolving needs and the current geopolitical landscape."|

Sometimes i wonder what will be more cost-effective, develop a more compact STOBAR-carrier and a more sophisticated jetfighter with powerful engines, or a large CATOBAR carrier with less sophisticated jetfighters.
Probably it also depends on the amount of required aircraft carriers and jetfighters. .
I suspect it may be an early draft, and it looks somewhat narrow.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Xavier video on DIMDEX in session with head of Istanbul Shipyard. Talking about current and next projects of Istanbul Shipyard, as Turkiye main naval shipyard. There's also glimpse on Turkiye AAW Frigate (2:30) and their next Carrier (2:40).

Despite Turkiye economic situations, Sultan Erdo seems determine to make those projects on track so far. Afterall this is his main agenda on creating projects that intergrate development of Turkiye MIC.