Turkish M60A1 upgrade

Atilla [TR]

lol yeah i was just watching a nature program and greywolves were on it so i decided to use that as my alias lol, i work in the defence market and i am very active in the turkish forums, at a recent confrence i attended, a report told of how by 2018 turkey will be europes biggest arms manufacturer, not buyer, manufacturer
What largest maker of Arms! This news has made me really happy:D :D does this include Airplanes and tanks.

greywolf109

Atilla [TR];135937 said:
What largest maker of Arms! This news has made me really happy:D :D does this include Airplanes and tanks.
it already is the largest manufacturer of jets in europe, f16s that is not their own jet, every single part for the f16 is now made in turkey, no other european country has produced this many airplanes without some foreign produts...as for mehmetcik-1, you have to remember that a little over 1 million will be produced to equip the armed forces, 1000 new mbt's is also a huge number...otokar already exports to 19 different armies

Atilla [TR]

it already is the largest manufacturer of jets in europe, f16s that is not their own jet, every single part for the f16 is now made in turkey, no other european country has produced this many airplanes without some foreign produts...as for mehmetcik-1, you have to remember that a little over 1 million will be produced to equip the armed forces, 1000 new mbt's is also a huge number...otokar already exports to 19 different armies
You know I have never thought of it that way. I have a question for you greywolf where does Ireland gets there arms from, I don't think the Brits would sell it to you guys, maybe you guys should come to Turkish military store!

greywolf109

Atilla [TR];135956 said:
You know I have never thought of it that way. I have a question for you greywolf where does Ireland gets there arms from, I don't think the Brits would sell it to you guys, maybe you guys should come to Turkish military store!
the irish are a neutral country and we are completely based on defence...we literally have no attack capabilities, and if a country attacked us, the intellegence agency reported our army would last about 2-4 weeks before we would have to resort to geurilla warfare(hit and run, ambush and run away)
our standard rifle is the steyr aug a1...we now have new body armour, helmet and load carrying vests...no heavy tanks and no fighter jets, 2 old frigates is the best our navy has...we purchase our equipment from private companies ,anyway this is off topic lol heres a link to find out everything http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Defence_Forces

Atilla [TR]

the irish are a neutral country and we are completely based on defence...we literally have no attack capabilities, and if a country attacked us, the intellegence agency reported our army would last about 2-4 weeks before we would have to resort to geurilla warfare(hit and run, ambush and run away)
our standard rifle is the steyr aug a1...we now have new body armour, helmet and load carrying vests...no heavy tanks and no fighter jets, 2 old frigates is the best our navy has...we purchase our equipment from private companies ,anyway this is off topic lol heres a link to find out everything http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Defence_Forces
I just remembered Turkish Troops do not have body amour. :unknown :eek:fftopic :tomato :smash

greywolf109

actua;;y they do...my friend who is serving in kosovo at the moment came back on a 2 week holiday with pictures of him and turkish troops, they have body armour, wrap around style like the SAS armour, very good design and a gud fit too, it is produced by a turkish company, i will try find out for you

Yasin20

actua;;y they do...my friend who is serving in kosovo at the moment came back on a 2 week holiday with pictures of him and turkish troops, they have body armour, wrap around style like the SAS armour, very good design and a gud fit too, it is produced by a turkish company, i will try find out for you
if you seen these before would have any pics of these that you can post so i can see for my self

greywolf109

if you seen these before would have any pics of these that you can post so i can see for my self
no problem mate...i no the site if you want a link it has over 250 pages of turkish armed forces pictures...looking trough 250+ pages for the one picture which is up close and clear shot of the armour, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

greywolf109

Atilla [TR];136480 said:
I think there are others with body amour as well not to sure exactly.
yes you can see the same armour in lots of pictures, you can also see the lighter armour, but that is the clearest and closest one

Atilla [TR]

yes you can see the same armour in lots of pictures, you can also see the lighter armour, but that is the clearest and closest one
I like the armor they use it is much smaller and lighter looking then some other ones I have seen like the American and Canadian, I like British ones too they seem small, but still effective.

Atilla [TR]

any body know which industry procduces this body armoure and is it turkish produced or forigne
I think it is Turkish produced I have not seen this kind of armor any where else. Plus Turkey new doctrine to try and build everything inside Turkey so yeah yeah.

Atilla [TR]

The modular Armour is produced by Israeli Military Industries (IMI) and comes to Turkey in kit form, its similar to the Merkava Mk.4 armour.
He is talking about the Turkish body vest, I dunno if we are on the same page here. The armor on the tank is from Israel duh that was one of the big reasons Isreal got the contract for the Merkava armor.

Last edited:

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Atilla [TR];137235 said:
He is talking about the Turkish body vest, I dunno if we are on the same page here. The armor on the tank is from Israel duh that was one of the big reasons Isreal got the contract for the Merkava armor.
Well - what does talking about infantry ballistic armor vests have anything to do with the main topic, please get back to discussing M-60A1 MBTs in the Turkish Armed Forces.