Turkish M60A1 upgrade

Yasin20

i dont think we need to talk about moderniseing turkiyes tanks again since turkiye will be building its verry own MBT i think they all be trashed and recycled into our own mbt designs

DavidDCM

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
The new tank will not pop out of nowhere. It will take years until every tank bataillon of your army will be equipped with the new tank, and until this has happened they have to use the old tanks. And depending on how long the whole process takes it could indeed be useful to upgrade these old tanks.
Germany in the cold war upgraded it's Leopard 1 tanks when the Leopard 2 was in production since years.
Of course, it is a question of money and threat level to Turkey.

greywolf109

The new tank will not pop out of nowhere. It will take years until every tank bataillon of your army will be equipped with the new tank, and until this has happened they have to use the old tanks. And depending on how long the whole process takes it could indeed be useful to upgrade these old tanks.
Germany in the cold war upgraded it's Leopard 1 tanks when the Leopard 2 was in production since years.
Of course, it is a question of money and threat level to Turkey.
David DCM is correct, threat level to turkey = hated by almost all muslim nations for being strategic allies with isreal, and is now in the process of signing one with great britain, as for money, the turkish economy is now richer than 20 EU states and is no.15 in the world, the new lira, 1$ = 1.19 turkish lira...money for companies is no longer a concern my friend, since they are all government funded, in one way or another

Yasin20

David DCM is correct, threat level to turkey = hated by almost all muslim nations for being strategic allies with isreal, and is now in the process of signing one with great britain, as for money, the turkish economy is now richer than 20 EU states and is no.15 in the world, the new lira, 1$ = 1.19 turkish lira...money for companies is no longer a concern my friend, since they are all government funded, in one way or another
i dont see turkiye haveing any muslum enemys when it has open its doors to these muslum states

greywolf109

you are correct in one way, but it has also opened it doors to the west and far east...religion is not a big deal in turkey, not everyone strictly follows their religion, for example soldiers are not allowed to pray when they are on duty, not all women wear headscarves, some people eat red meat(bacon, sausages) . this modern way of islam is not appreciated and that is a fact

Atilla [TR]

you are correct in one way, but it has also opened it doors to the west and far east...religion is not a big deal in turkey, not everyone strictly follows their religion, for example soldiers are not allowed to pray when they are on duty, not all women wear headscarves, some people eat red meat(bacon, sausages) . this modern way of islam is not appreciated and that is a fact
I dunno anyone in Turkey that eats pork I have never seen it for sale here and there would not be a market for this. As for modernizing the M60 it is a good idea till we get the new MBT that will be made in Turkey then we can sell these old tanks to some one else who would not have bought it directly from Israel. And yes our middle eastern neighbors do not like us because all we do share is our religion other then that nothing in fact some Turks (me incl) are still upset over there revolt against the Turks with the help of the Brits in WW1, one reason why I believe Turkey is such good friends with Israel, and was one of the first nation to add Israel to the maps.

greywolf109

do you live in istanbul?? i said some people do, Kipa sells pork, so does Gima...lol anyway back on track, a agree with attilla on the upgraded m60's he is 100% correct, im still very anxious to see what otokar comes up with

Yasin20

it should be appreciated and it must be becouse this nation was once a islamic nation and every corner i go into turkiye in some region for a holiday i see a mosq in every corner

Atilla [TR]

do you live in istanbul?? i said some people do, Kipa sells pork, so does Gima...lol anyway back on track, a agree with attilla on the upgraded m60's he is 100% correct, im still very anxious to see what otokar comes up with
I live in a couple places in Turkey Istanbul incl ( I stay there most of the time). But yes in fact no one would have bought a old M60 from Turkey no one would have bought a heavily upgraded one from Israel but some one would have bought a heavily upgraded M60 from Turkey, one nation I was thinking is actually Azerbaijan they need new tanks and I was thinking they might even buy some of our old F-16 when we get rid of them, because everything they have is out dated soviet tech which they do not want to keep (can you blame them)?

greywolf109

lol yeah that makes sense yasin, kazahkstan has great ties with turkey, i believe they will get some equipment from turkey also

Atilla [TR]

lol yeah that makes sense yasin, kazahkstan has great ties with turkey, i believe they will get some equipment from turkey also

All turkic states they need to be closer to each other, but i see a huge defense market there all there military tech is getting old and they also have neighbors that are not so friendly Turkey should jump on this opportunity, they could the M60 Sabra tank or the new Turkish MBT, HK G3's (Turkey is replacing them with Mehmetcik 1), UAE's, F-16's.

Turkey should jump on this oppurtunity! :grab

Yasin20

im suprised you dont call turkiye an islamic state since you have an islamic name like me Yasin i dont i know what to call you maybe Yasin number 2 im number 1 lol

Atilla [TR]

im suprised you dont call turkiye an islamic state since you have an islamic name like me Yasin i dont i know what to call you maybe Yasin number 2 im number 1 lol
LOL Attila is not an Islamic name Hungarians even have it hint Attila the Hun! It is a very Turkic name, but Turkey is a country full of people who practice islam (me incl) but ti is not an islamic country. That is what the party in right now wants but can't have because parties like MHP, and CHP are in the way, and our great army that is a doctrine of the Turkish armed forces is to make sure Turkey does not become a Communist or an Islamic state. Coups in the 60's, 70's, 80's are there to prove this.

Yasin20

im prittey sure the army will change to again every thing is don step by step my friend and greywolf did say your name is yasin

greywolf109

i said his name is yasin because i got his comment mixed up with yours lol i dont know what his name is:eek:nfloorl: i have great respect for the turkish people, when i lived there, the way everybody treated me was, if i respect their religion they will respect mine, in western countries muslims suffer terrible stereotyping and racism, even here in ireland, but in turkey a mainly muslim population, christians and jews are treated the same almost everywhere, i never encountered trouble over being a catholic, this is why i love turkey!!

Atilla [TR]

i said his name is yasin because i got his comment mixed up with yours lol i dont know what his name is:eek:nfloorl: i have great respect for the turkish people, when i lived there, the way everybody treated me was, if i respect their religion they will respect mine, in western countries muslims suffer terrible stereotyping and racism, even here in ireland, but in turkey a mainly muslim population, christians and jews are treated the same almost everywhere, i never encountered trouble over being a catholic, this is why i love turkey!!
You are Irish I did not know that I thought you where Turkish because in Turkey Grey wolf means Bozkurt which are the members of MHP (MY FAV PARTY:D ). Anyway my name is not Attila I just use that as a alias but yeah my name is an Arabic one as well not a Turkic name ( I will not say it on an open forum).

greywolf109

Atilla [TR];135812 said:
You are Irish I did not know that I thought you where Turkish because in Turkey Grey wolf means Bozkurt which are the members of MHP (MY FAV PARTY:D ). Anyway my name is not Attila I just use that as a alias but yeah my name is an Arabic one as well not a Turkic name ( I will not say it on an open forum).
lol yeah i was just watching a nature program and greywolves were on it so i decided to use that as my alias lol, i work in the defence market and i am very active in the turkish forums, at a recent confrence i attended, a report told of how by 2018 turkey will be europes biggest arms manufacturer, not buyer, manufacturer

s3kiz

Alright, too many different topics and issues are been discussed on this thread which is about the Turkish M60 upgrade programme, jolly as it is, its turned into a coffee-house. :)

Anyway Murad Bayar in an interview has commented that the upgraded M60s have been underway since January '08 with a monthly production rate of 8 tanks and been delivered to the Turkish army since, the completion of the project is expected to finalize in '09.

Cheers.