The Russian-Ukrainian War Thread

seaspear

@Feanor Does the Wagner group come under the command of the Russian defence ministry ? Is it accountable ?
Are its losses tabulated with the general Russian military losses? Are its personnel losses a state secret as per general military losses?
I'm trying to understand where Prigozhin or if he is in a chain of command and if he is able to co-ordinate with other forces

Last edited by a moderator:

tl1000r

Anyway, if it was a typo, what was supposed to be the correct sentence?
My English is very bad, especially in such thematics as war or politics, but you got me correctly. Putin is NOT decision maker by collective opinon most of the russians and not only. Putin word have a big weight during approving most of political or strategical decisions, but nothing more. He is very wise and experienced executive, he is face of the nation on world arena. But in real world he is not euqivalent Stalin or Hitler. The main role of him is being moderator inside of inter-clan relations. You can see on the list of persons who under USA or EU sunctions right now. Just throw aside nominal politics like Krimea region chief, or some another official like Lavrov and you will see who stay behind Putin. Main political power in Russia is capital (in this term i including all - oil (mr.Sechin), gas (mr. Miller), heavy industrie, minerals and etc), without money you are nothing here as politic. Additional power is military or secret services and their main figures (for example Sergei Ivanov). Next players is Banks with Central Bunk of Russia at the peak, German Gref and Elvira Nabiulina, mr. Oreshkin, mr.Manturov did you heard something about them? I could speak long about that but its all offtopic. Your media is little bit dissembles in formulating of Putins role. Look on those who stay behind him.

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Feanor Does the Wagner group come under the command of the Russian defence ministry ?
I'll preface this by saying that I don't know any of this for a fact, but I'll give you my best estimate. I suspect Wagner interacts with the MoD the same way that the Troops of Interior or SpN FSB interacts. They could be subordinated operationally.

Is it accountable ?
Is the MoD accountable? Shoygu royally screwed up the development of the Russian military while expending resources on nonsense. Yet he still has his job.

Are its losses tabulated with the general Russian military losses?
Almost certainly not. Troops of Interior, volunteer units, and LDNR, are all not included in Russian MoD losses. It's what makes the official casualty number plausible, with the understanding that it only represents direct MoD losses.

Are its personnel losses a state secret as per general military losses?
I suspect the official answer will be; they're a private company their losses are not a state secret. But they're also not public information. And Prigozhin is certainly not telling.

I'm trying to understand where Prigozhin or if he is in a chain of command and if he is able to co-ordinate with other forces
Good question. Presumably, and hopefully, his units are operationally subordinate to Surovikin. But this is unclear.

tonnyc

My English is very bad, especially in such thematics as war or politics, but you got me correctly. Putin is NOT decision maker by collective opinon most of the russians and not only. Putin word have a big weight during approving most of political or strategical decisions, but nothing more. He is very wise and experienced executive, he is face of the nation on world arena. But in real world he is not euqivalent Stalin or Hitler. The main role of him is being moderator inside of inter-clan relations. You can see on the list of persons who under USA or EU sunctions right now. Just throw aside nominal politics like Krimea region chief, or some another official like Lavrov and you will see who stay behind Putin. Main political power in Russia is capital (in this term i including all - oil (mr.Sechin), gas (mr. Miller), heavy industrie, minerals and etc), without money you are nothing here as politic. Additional power is military or secret services and their main figures (for example Sergei Ivanov). Next players is Banks with Central Bunk of Russia at the peak, German Gref and Elvira Nabiulina, mr. Oreshkin, mr.Manturov did you heard something about them? I could speak long about that but its all offtopic. Your media is little bit dissembles in formulating of Putins role. Look on those who stay behind him.
Ah. I understand what you mean. The set-up is similar to what we have, though not to the degree Russia has. The confusion is that by our standard President Putin will be a decision maker but not the decision maker. That is, he's one among several as opposed to the only one. If we say so-and-so is not decision maker to me it sounded like so-and-so has no say whatsoever while clearly President Putin's say has a large amount of weight behind it. But anyway, the confusion has been clarified. Thank you.

Don't worry about your English. It's not my native language either. It took me decades to get to this level. And yes, our media is crap. While many of them tend toward neutrality, even the most pro-Russian one has an overly simplistic view. I don't think it comes out of an intentional decision to dissemble, but rather in the era of clickbait, it's more profitable to not bother with anything complex and just do a quick simplistic article divided into three pages in order to maximize ad revenue. It's why I hang around forums like this one.

Vivendi

The US is trying to shift existing NASAMS systems for ME countries to Ukraine. Building new systems take up to 24 months, due to long lead times on some key components. Interestingly they say that training NASAMS operators normally take 6 months -- Ukraine did it in 60 days.

The US signed a $1.2 billion contract with LM to produce 6 NASAMS, all to be delivered by 2025. The US is in this for the long haul, that's for sure.
U.S. looks to shift air defense systems from Middle East to Ukraine, Raytheon chief says - POLITICO

In other news, Macron and Biden confirmed their strong support to Ukraine. No negotiations with Russia will happen unless the Ukranians themselves agree to it. It's good they make this clear; Ukraine is fighting, and Ukraine is deciding the political process. Not the US, not France, not NATO.
Biden, Macron reaffirm their strong partnership, support for Ukraine (cnbc.com)

Foreign ministers from Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia visiting Kiev recently -- all confirming their strong support for Ukraine, including transfer of military supplies, and financial support.
Get Ukraine more weapons now, urge European ministers in Kyiv – POLITICO

Official statement: Joint statement by the Foreign Ministers of Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden and Ukraine - Government.se

(In case you wonder about Denmark "missing out"; they were in the midst of putting together a new government after recent elections. Denmark is also fully committed to supporting Ukraine).

Last edited:

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Various videos and updates on the war.

Five lessons from the war.

Gen Ben Hodges on the winter war.

BBC story on the Ukraine surrender line for Russians.

Satellite imagery suggesting new Russian missile blitz.

However as reported in The Warzone the number of aircraft at Engels bomber base is nothing unusual.

The Russians are also cracking down on military reporting.

Russian media talking heads discussing the eradication of Ukraine. This is on mainstream Russian TV. Let them speak and condemn themselves from their own mouths.

Destroyed & captured Russian vehicles.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1597580912845524993?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

A burning Russian MT-LB mounted with a ZSU-23-2. An old weapon but still capable of ruining your day.
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1597601606899564544?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

Medvedev threatening damnation, brimstone, and hellfire if NATO delivers Patriot to Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1597653758070075393?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

And a top Russian propagandist threatening to do a Zhukov on Berlin.
https://twitter.com/InUAOfficial/status/1597695393776680960?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

Russian Naval Brigade 2S1 Gvozdika and Osa-AKM in action.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1597683858388189184?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

UKMOD Update 3/12/2022
https://twitter.com/InUAOfficial/status/1598941353735380994?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

Finnish Patria Sisu XA-180 (Patria Pasi) 6x6 in Ukrainian service.
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1598917006027210753?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

Ukrainian Grad 21 missile launch.
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1598897415066505216?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

Russian booby trap. Nasty one.
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1598845012300529665?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

Latest War Map.
https://twitter.com/War_Mapper/status/1598833813181722624?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

And the time is HIMARS o'clock.
https://twitter.com/InUAOfficial/status/1597689102119288833?s=20&t=vM4nEtI9pQIlGtjqwEcmzg

swerve

Super Moderator
In other news, Macron and Biden confirmed their strong support to Ukraine. No negotiations with Russia will happen unless the Ukranians themselves agree to it. It's good they make this clear; Ukraine is fighting, and Ukraine is deciding the political process. Not the US, not France, not NATO.
Biden, Macron reaffirm their strong partnership, support for Ukraine (cnbc.com)
And IIRC Putin has said Russia won't negotiate until the Russian annexation of Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhye & Kherson oblasts has been recognised, i.e. he's saying he won't negotiate unless he's handed victory, despite not even controlling the capital cities of two of those oblasts.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update. Nov 15th-19th

Kherson-Nikolaev-Odessa.

Russian loitering munition hits an S-300 radar in Kherson region. Note this appears to be a Russian S-300 command post abandoned when retreating. It's also missing it's power generator suggesting it was in non-working condition.

Russian loitering munition hits an Osa SAM in Kherson region. It's clear Russian SEAD efforts are continuing but their sporadic and inconsistent nature make ultimate success unlikely.

Ukrainian T-72M1 hit a land mine, Kherson region. The tank is destroyed, and I suspect this highlights the vulnerability of the "export" T-72M and M1s.

Destroyed Ukrainian vehicles Kherson region, a BTR-60PB (1st), a T-72M1 with mine trawl (2nd)

A Ukrainian UAV allegedly show down on the Kinburn peninsula.

Russian strike in Odessa.

Russian strikes in Kherson.

It appears Russia destroyed energy infrastructure when retreating from Kherson.

It also appears Russia left a massive explosive at the police station in Kherson and blew it, possibly remotely, some time after withdrawing. It's possible the intent was to get some advancing Ukrainian troops.

Ukraine's 35th MarBde riding Kipri MRAPs, Kherson region.

Ukrainian TAV-71M in Kherson region, it's a Romanian BTR-60PM variant. The above-destroyed BTR-60 might be one of these.

Another look at the Antonov bridge.

Reportedly Russian truck drivers from Lipetsk evacuated 6 000 civilians from Kherson region.

One of the civilians who was filmed celebrating in Kherson and gave a soundbite is allegedly a Ukrainian National Guard office from Kiev.

Protests in Odessa regarding the power outages. It's very unclear what they hope to accomplish.

The first train from Kiev arrives in Kherson.

Zaporozhye-Dnepropetrovsk.

Russian strike landing, Dnepropetrovsk. Targets appear to include energy infrastructure.

Russian strikes hitting Zaporozhye.

Motor-Sich in Zaporozhye got hit too.

A Ukrainian S-300 launch apparently fails in Dnepropetrovsk.

Damage from Russian strikes, Zaporozhye region.

Dnepropetrovsk is experiencing power outages.

Russian mobilized soldiers in the trenches, Zaporozhye area. Their uniforms and body armor are inconsistent (some of their body armor is Iranian), but they've got what appear to be shiny new AK-12s. It's possible this is just for show. It's also possible they're sending newly produced weapons to newly stood-up formations.

The West.

Russian strikes in L'vov and Zhitomyr. There are reports of power outages in Zhitomyr.

Fires burn in Zhitomyr region.

L'vov-southern substation burns.

A video of Khmel'nitskiy region getting hit. Strikes are also reported in Rovno, Volyn', Ternopol', and Krivoy Rog.

Blackouts in L'vov.

The North.

A witness describes a missile landing in Kiev that apparently maneuvered prior to hitting. It's possible this is a failed SAM launch.

This is the damage from the strike in question. Russian sources are claiming it's a SAM.

Other strikes in and around Kiev.

Ukrainian air defenses in action, Kiev.

Kiev also stands dark.

Russian strike landing in Cherkasy.

The rail bridge in Cherkasy appears to still be out of action.

A look at Ukrainian border fortifications near Belarus.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oskol' Front.

Russian Ka-52s striking Ukrainian vehicles near Svatovo. There has been a persistent pattern of Ka-52 use in this area.

Ukrainian tank getting hit near Kremennaya.

Some combat footage near Kuzemovka, Svatovo area, where Ukrainian troops advanced, dug in, and then got hit by a TOS-1.

A destroyed Ukrainian Grad near Svatovo.

A destroyed MT-LB with ZU-23-2 near Svatovo, allegedly Ukrainian. What I find interesting is the vehicle they're filming from. It looks like a Ukrainian BMD-1, a very rare vehicle. Russia turned most of its BMD-1s into 2s a while back. Ukraine lost most of its BMDs.

Power outages in Khar'kov have left supermarkets without power.

Svatovo got hit by shelling, residential areas.

Chechen fighters digging in near Kremennaya, specifically Chernopopovka area.

LDNR Front.

A map summarizing recent Russian gains around Peski. Note it's a Russian sourced map, so grain of salt, etc.

In the fighting near Nevel'skoe a DNR T-72B takes a hit from a Javelin but doesn't explode, the crew bails out and is picked up by a BMP-2.

DNR 11th Rgt tanks in action, Pervomayskoe. We have an unknown tank, a T-72B, and a T-72B3 mod'16. Note the tanks are being directed by UAV.

Wagner assault team moving towards Ukrainian positions through the trenches.

Wagner artillery fires around Artemovsk/Bakhmut.

Allegedly Wagner TOS-1 fires near Artemovsk/Bakhmut. If true this is out first confirmation of them having the system.

A Ukrainian Mastiff MRAP destroyed near Ugledar.

A Caesar SP Howitzer destroyed near Ugledar. It got hit by a loitering munition.

A Ukrainian MBT getting hit by a loitering munition near Ugledar. Note they aim it for the back-top section of the tank, but it still doesn't appear to catch fire or explode.

Kub loitering munition strikes on Ukrainian infantry retreating from Pavlovka.

A summary of Russian loitering munition strikes around Ugledar. They appear to be getting used for counter-battery fires and interdiction.

Russia is claiming control of the Pavlovka-Nikol'skoe road, east of Pavlovka, south-east of Ugledar. This is in principle plausible but only makes sense to do if they intend to assault Ugledar.

Kaskad btln shows off a loitering munition strike on two M-777s.

LNR forces 2S7 firing. Location and context unclear.

A Ukrainian BMP getting hit by artillery near Opytnoe.

Russian Ka-52s lobbing unguided rockets near Soledar. I have to wonder about the difference in the way they're being used there from Svatovo. Perhaps Ukrainian offensive movements there make it possible to pick off vehicles?

As Russian troops inch forward in Mar'inka, they've taken 4 Ukrainian POWs.

Avdeevka got hit, but it's unclear what. A large plume of smoke can be seen from Donetsk.

Shelling of Donetsk continues. Targets include a school and a sports arena.

Damage to rail infrastructure in Ilovaysk, reportedly HIMARS strikes.

Russian VDV flamethrower troopers (thermobaric rocket launchers) training in LNR area. The second video doesn't give a location but I think it's the same place.

Ukrainian Caesar howitzer, somewhere near Artemovsk/Bakhmut.

An FN FNC rifle captured by DNR fighters near Avdeevka.

Civilians in Donetsk report that their building lacks central heating.

Russia.

Footage of the explosion in Novorossiysk Naval Base, that was allegedly a Ukrainian unmanned boat hitting a ship.

Shebekino, Belgorod region, got hit again. Reportedly 2 civilians killed 4 wounded in two rounds of shelling. The target was apparently an enterprise that delivers drinking water.

Orlov region a Ukrainian UAV hit a Russian fuel storage facility. However the tank it hit was empty.

Belaya Berezka village, Bryansk region, also got hit.

Ustinka village, Belgorod region, also got hit. 1 civilian reported killed.

Kursk region Russian soldiers attempting to down a UAV with small arms fire.

Explosions over Dzhankoy, Crimea. Possibly Russian air defenses firing. This is going to happen more frequently with the withdrawal from Kherson.

Russian Kalibr launches.

Defensive positions being built in north-eastern Crimea.

Russian troops wearing Iranian body armor, namely Rouin-3 flak jackets and NIJ II helmets. The first recipients are mobilized personnel in Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Iranian cargo flights to Russia continue.

Russia has begun issuing a simplified version of the Ratnik helmet to mobilized personnel, missing the NVG mount.

Russian mobilized personnel in Voronezh region. It appears they are living in tents, in the snow. This raises some serious questions. In the Soviet Army a squad was supposed to be able to build themselves a dugout in one day to live in, with nothing but shovels, axes, and saws.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Misc.

Ukrainian infantry gets hit, location and context unclear.

A Russian motor-rifles formation allegedly attacking with two T-72s, a B and a B3, and what look like MT-LBs with MB-06 cannon turrets. The infantry are reportedly mobilized personnel. However to me this doesn't look like an attack. It looks like they're advancing into an empty tree-line under the cover of armor.

Russian loitering munitions hit a Ukrainian MT-T heavy tracked transporter, a BM-21 Grad, an M-777 being towed.

A breakdown of stats on Russian loitering munition strikes shows a steep increase starting Oct 13th. More were used Oct-13th-present then in the entire war previously.

At least one of Ukraine's Brimstone launching vans is apparently still active. One of these was destroyed earlier in the war. And they're a rare sight in general.

A MaxxPro MRAP burned out, I'm honestly not sure if this destroyed or fixable. It looks like it burned, but I don't see any clear penetrations. An Oshkosh armored truck destroyed, and a Ukrainian Toyota hits a landmine, locations and context unclear.

A destroyed Ukrainian Husky TSV, and MaxxPro MRAP location and context unclear.

An experimental Ukrainian Bureviy Uragan variant destroyed.

A Ukrainian T-64BV knocked out, location and context unclear.

A destroyed Ukrainian BRDM-2 and a grave, presumably for the crew, somewhere in the woods.

3 more Japanese Toyota Megacruisers in the 11th VDV Bde.

A Russian sniper from the Terek Cossack irregulars unit shows off his weapons and kit.

Russian Pacific Fleet Marines show off their service dog who appears to be used to carry extra munitions and kit.

A pair of BMPTs somewhere on the front lines.

A Ukrainian Sea Arc Dauntless patrol boat somewhere on the Dnepr.

Ukrainian mobile repair workshop in action.

Belarus.

Allegedly Belorussian border guard shot down this Ukrainian quadcopter with an AK, it was filming border areas.

NATO/EU.

Poroshenko with volunteers is purchased armored Oshkosh M-1070 artillery towing trucks in the UK. Quantities unclear.

The US will reportedly be supplying 40 Metal Shark 40 PB armored river boats to Ukraine.

Finland announces the 10th military aid package to Ukraine whose contents are not being disclosed at this time. It supposed to be the largest yet. Given that Finland handed over armored vehicles previously one has to wonder if this time it will be Finnish T-72M1s that go to Ukraine. Perhaps BMP-2s or 2S1s. Even Buk SAMs are possible.

There are reports of shortages of spare parts for Ukrainian PzH-2000s.

Big_Zucchini

The US is trying to shift existing NASAMS systems for ME countries to Ukraine. Building new systems take up to 24 months, due to long lead times on some key components. Interestingly they say that training NASAMS operators normally take 6 months -- Ukraine did it in 60 days.
Pretty much the difference between being taught every kink of the NASAMS, how to utilize the full potential of all its individual components, and how to properly fit it into a ready doctrine... and being taught "push these buttons in this order and you'll shoot it down".
Sure you can train everyone in every duty the job at a fraction of the time, but then they'll perform at a fraction of their potential efficiency.

Air defense troops need proper training in simulators in order to understand how not to just look and shoot, but to also understand what it means to be jammed in various ways, how to understand it happens, categorize common EM threats, and how to deal with them, as well as how to prioritize targets, how to operate in congested environment, coordinate fires, and so on. Those aren't things you can just teach them on the spot.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update. Nov 19th-20th

Kherson-Nikolaev-Odessa.

Russian Tor striking allegedly a Ukrainian Furiya UAV.

Russian strikes in Kherson.

Another Ukrainian Iveco LMV destroyed in Kherson region.

Another look at the S-300 command post recently hit by a Russian loitering munition, the letter Z can be seen on the side.

Due to infrastructure damage, it appears parts of Kherson are left without water, and civilians are gather water from puddles.

Zaporozhye-Dnepropetrovsk.

Battle damage to the Motor Sich factory in Zaporozhye, after recent strikes.

Russian 2S3 unit, Zaporozhye area.

A map of battle damage to the Zaporozhskaya NPP.

Oskol Front.

Two destroyed Ukrainian ZiL trucks that were being used to haul ammo near Svatovo.

LDNR Front.

DNR T-80BV operating near Vodyanoe, with UAV support. Note, pre-war the LDNR forces had no T-80s, so all T-80s are post-invasion supplies.

Another Kub strike at Pavlovka, against Ukrainian infantry trying to evacuate a WIA.

2 Ukrainian BMPs getting hit by loitering munitions in Ugledar. I think we're seeing a continuation of heavy loitering munition use in the area, even after the fall of Pavlovka, suggesting that an assault on Ugledar may be in the works.

D-1 howitzer in action, LDNR area.

Russian strikes landing, outskirts of Artemovsk/Bakhmut.

The rail terminal at Ilovyask got hit again.

Russian volunteer unit Storm training in the LNR, using BMP-1s and ATGMs.

Allegedly a retired USMC Colonel has been spotted in Artemovsk/Bakhmut in relation with Mozart Group operations.

Russia.

Wagner is raising and training a militia in Kursk and Belgorod region. This appears to be a Russian territorial defense formation but under Wagner auspices.

Russian mobilized personnel with antiquated kit marching on a training ground, while a T-14 drives by. We've seen increased T-14 activity at the Kazan' Tank School training ground.

Mobilized personnel training with RPGs, machineguns, and MANPADS in Chelyabinsk area. Based on these photos it might be fire support formations training.

Another look at Iranian body armor in Russia.

Misc.

Russian T-72B3mod'16 advancing towards Ukrainian lines and providing cover for a team evacuating a wounded.

What appears to be a destroyed Ukrainian column. We have a Husky TSV, a couple of BTRs, an MBT, and a bus. Note the snow is on the vehicles but a fresh fire burns which raises questions about what exactly happened.

Ukrainian infiltrators crossing the Dnepr. Exact location unclear.

Ukrainian troops reportedly complaining about a lack of winter kit, due to their supply depots being destroyed.

Ukrainian PzH-2000 in the snow.

Ukrainian T-64As pulled from storage. I don't believe we've seen the type being used so far.

Ukrainian soldiers in a recently taken village throwing a Zieg Heil and sporting SS patches. One could call this Russian propaganda, but they apparently posted it on social media themselves. In other words they aren't even trying to hide this.

NATO/EU.

Ukrainian forces show off the Black Hornet UAV.

Ukraine has reportedly received their 7th Zuzana-2 howitzer.

Bosnian M69A mortars in Ukrainian service. I believe it's the first time we're seeing them.

Reportedly France has handed over two batteries of Crotale SAMs and two M-270s to Ukraine.

Vivendi

Reports of an explosion at Engels Air Force Base, Saratov Oblast, Russia. This airbase hosts strategic bombers used by Russia to launch cruise missiles at Ukraine. Ukranian media claim that two bombers were damaged. This airbase is quite far from Ukraine (750 km or so?)

Two strategic bombers damaged in explosion at Russia’s Engels air base (ukrinform.net)
Jimmy Rushton on Twitter: "An explosion hit Engels Air Force Base, Saratov Oblast, Russia, home of many strategic bombers used by Russia to launch cruise missiles at Ukraine. https://t.co/BJZjtzjGpv" / Twitter

Not clear what caused the explosion -- drone attack or cruise missile? Or special forces?

No doubt this will cause a strong reaction from Russia. It's about time Biden allows shipment of ATACMS. The sooner the better.

In other news, the UK MoD comments on reduced air sorties by RuAF. Russia now conducts tens of missions daily, compared to a peak of 300 per day in March. The decrease in sorties is likely a result of continued high threat from Ukrainian air defences, limitations on the flying hours available to Russian aircraft, and worsening weather. They expect the low sortie rate to continue through the winter. Russia has lost more than 60 fixed wing a/c so far.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A Ukrainian Gepard taking down a Russian cruise missile.

Russian Lancets taking out Ukrainian AD assets.

Alleged damage to a VVS Tu-22M-3 at Dyagilevo Air base, Ryazan Oblast from yesterdays attack.

Overhead imagery of the attack results.

1670304066756.png
Russian Kh-555 cruise missile, Odesa Oblast. No deals of date.

Russian military researcher's explanation for the closeness of bombers at bases and bombers bases.

Oryx list of Russian aircraft losses since start of war.
https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1599853222881275904?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Polish S-15 Newa SC SAM system in Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1599850612774285312?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Ukrainians think that the Russians may use less Iranian UAVs because they aren't Ukrainian / Russian winter capable.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1599825940896530448?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Looks like the Russians are using Tu141 / 143 UAVs. These are Soviet era from the 1970s.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1599814686005899264?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Looks like the US has already suppied Ukraine with 1 million 155 mm rounds
https://twitter.com/MarkUrban01/status/1599811187884974090?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Captured rare Russian BMP-3 with the 100mm 2A70 low pressure rifled cannon being used against its former owners.
https://twitter.com/AFVRec_/status/1599796422852767744?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Apparently the US has secretly modified the HIMARS it provided Ukraine so that it cannot fire long range missiles including ATACMS.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1599786769490198529?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Russian video purportedly of a BMP-3 after being hit by a Javelin.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1599783241942081536?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

Video of Russian AD trying to hoot down a Ukrainian Leleka-100 UAV.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1599777745692610562?s=20&t=ufvPM-qyAyG6Gav_qGYO6g

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
This is a video on why Kharkiv is the most important city in Ukraine and why the Russian failure to take it doomed their invasion. Unless they can take Kharkiv they are doomed to a very expensive advance through the Donbas and history isn't on their side. It is a very interesting watch.

An explanation of why Russia is attacking Ukraine's energy infrastructure.

UKMIL Forces News video on the GDSB that may be of help to Ukrainie.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Russian military researcher's explanation for the closeness of bombers at bases and bombers bases.
The real reason is lacksadaisical attitudes towards war. They deployed to Syria and did the same thing, parked aircraft close together for years with no protection. It took an attack that damaged several jets to correct this. But the lessons so stupidly and painfully learned there weren't brought home. As a result most Russian airbases still park aircraft in the open right next to each other.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
This report claims US supplied HIMARS have been modified to prevent the use of ATACMS. It is unclear if the mods are software, hardware or both. Hopefully it is a software mod which can be quickly changed to restore ATACMS, something that will become necessary IMO given the huge on going infrastructure attacks on Ukraine. The time is approaching the point where some serious $hit needs to come Putin’s way.