The new members introduction thread.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello!

I'm a Spanish 32yo currently based at London.

I have decided to become a member after some months enjoying the high quality discussions here, must say it's a privilege to learn from you people.

My obsession with toys started at the tender age of 8-9, with a splendid book titled "Aircraft of World War 3" (rather ominously) I was just fascinated with the pictures and drawings.

I will most likely just keep learning, but some paella advertising is to be expected at some point!

Salud!
Hi, Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to jump in! :)

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hello.
I'm Eric, I been a reader for a while but just set up an account to join the discussions.
Currently, I'm a CTO in a defense UAV company, so my main interest is Aerospace.

Looking forward to getting to know the community.
G'day Eric,

Welcome to the forum. We hope that you enjoy your time on here and we look forward to your contribution to the ongoing conversations. Please take the time to read the rules.

Ngatimozart.

DouglasLees

Hello.
I'm Eric, I been a reader for a while but just set up an account to join the discussions.
Currently, I'm a CTO in a defense UAV company, so my main interest is Aerospace.

Welcome Eric and greetings from the UK!

DouglasLees

Hello!

I'm a Spanish 32yo currently based at London.

I have decided to become a member after some months enjoying the high quality discussions here, must say it's a privilege to learn from you people.

My obsession with toys started at the tender age of 8-9, with a splendid book titled "Aircraft of World War 3" (rather ominously) I was just fascinated with the pictures and drawings.

I will most likely just keep learning, but some paella advertising is to be expected at some point!

Salud!
Salud!

Very nice to see another UK-based member. I have also been interested in all things military and defence-related since I was about 8 years old so we have that in common!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello.

Hi Eric, thanks for joining and welcome to the community. Please share with your friends. :)

Redskin301

Hi I am Alex from the Netherlands and I am an aviation freelance reporter. Mainly
I am fan of the helicopters of the Dutch Defense Helicopter Command which is mainly
based at Gilze-Rijen Air Base. I make photos and especially videos of these machines
in action. My short military career is not noticeable as it was short; ripped of my ankle
during assignment and it was over! Fully recovered and now active as a fan like many
others. I work nowadays in the chip industry making machines to produce these chips,
so probably supporting the defense industry indeirectly :) Here you can see my work
online already www.runway28.nl

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi I am Alex from the Netherlands and I am an aviation freelance reporter. Mainly
I am fan of the helicopters of the Dutch Defense Helicopter Command which is mainly
based at Gilze-Rijen Air Base. I make photos and especially videos of these machines
in action. My short military career is not noticeable as it was short; ripped of my ankle
during assignment and it was over! Fully recovered and now active as a fan like many
others. I work nowadays in the chip industry making machines to produce these chips,
so probably supporting the defense industry indeirectly :) Here you can see my work
online already www.runway28.nl
G'day Alex,

Welcome to the forum. We hope that you enjoy your time here and look forward to your contributions to the ongoing discussions. Please take time to read the rules.

JohnWolf

Former Marine and still a fan of the trade after all these years.... but I suspect that my own knowledge-base is a bit dated. Hoping to learn more here about current trends and add what I can to too the threads.
Looking forward to having adult conversations with Defense professionals without all of the usual nonsense that is polluting the Net these days. My special interest in scenarios and working out complex problems.
Merry Christmas!

JohnWolf

OKAY, that is it, I am done here. Grown men have no reason to put up with this, and I am not talking about the odds of standing up to the mods.

Since joining I have been subjected to some ridiculous cyber-attacks, so I am leaving here, and promise to leave you alone if you leave me alone.

Please erase everything from the account I am now leaving.

DouglasLees

OKAY, that is it, I am done here. Grown men have no reason to put up with this, and I am not talking about the odds of standing up to the mods.

Since joining I have been subjected to some ridiculous cyber-attacks, so I am leaving here, and promise to leave you alone if you leave me alone.

Please erase everything from the account I am now leaving.
Sorry to see you go.

Redlands18

Hello from the U.S. have a account at secretprojects.uk. Threads here seem more fun to engage.
Welcome to the forum. Can i make a suggestion? Find the threads that you are interested in and have a read through, they are as good an education on Military topics as you will find anywhere and it gives you a good idea on what is expected. and make sure you read the rules, the Mods are tough and have little patience for those who break them.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hello from the U.S. have a account at secretprojects.uk. Threads here seem more fun to engage.
Welcome aboard. I too have an account there and lurk there on occasion but I don't participate in the discussions. I generally use it as for research. As Redlands18 has said read the rules and a link to them is in my signature. We look forward to your contributions.

Depot Dog

Hi Everyone

Recently I got a kick in the behind for a stupid post. Then I went into self imposed exile and contemplated things. This is my reset to get back in.

I was in the RAAF from 1980 to 1990. Back in days men were men and sheep were scared. Highlights was 12 month posting to Darwin 1981 which was then called the Winnellie air force. For two years I worked at the aircraft hanger at 2AD Richmond. As a instrument fitter I worked on depot level maintenance for the Hercules and Orion. We also had responcibility for the historic Sabre. I spent 6-7 years either at 1AD Laverton or 2AD. Hence the name depot dog. I finished as a base cal tech. I was lucky to do the last combined BCC course. After that they split the course. That put me in good stead for my current job as Service Manager for a Medical Technology company.

I read atleast an hour a day on defence matters. DT has pointed me to a few good publications like DTR. Realistically I don't classify myself as an expert more a drip under pressure. I am just an enthusiast. By nature I am a realist and I try and keep everything in the realm of possibility. No postings from me on Aussie nuclear subs, B21 or nuclear weapons.

Keep the spirit of DT going.

Regards
DD