Space tram

Urban Furlan

A description of a new concept of underground construction is available on Deep Underground . I would like to invite you all to express you opinion, if proposed solutions can support the concept of space tram. Any suggestions are highly welcomed.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
@Urban Furlan Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your contributions to the ongoing discussions. Please take time to read the rules.

That is an intriguing concept and I think similar to the concept of a space elevator. I can see many engineering problems to be solved due to the coriolis effect and ambient atmospheric and geological events / effects, but very intriguing still.

Urban Furlan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, its not connected to the space elevator. Space tram is an older concept, which provides some initial speed to reach the orbit. It was proposed by inventor of Maglev (magnetic levitation concept). So its not something new. My proposals provides some solution for engineering problems regarding space tram concept, as time consuming and expensive construction, construction on high altitudes, living on high altitudes, and insuring vacuum in tunnels. Again, any suggestions are highly welcomed.

tonnyc

Edit: snips former question

It seems you're describing the Star Tram. If not, can you describe what is the difference between Star Tram and your concept?

Last edited:

Urban Furlan

Yes star tram,sorry. Im not changing the original star tram concept, Im proposing engineering solutions, which might allow relatively cheap and fast construction of underground structures at high altitude, as is required by star tram concept.

Urban Furlan

Basically, im trying to update the star tram concept from "impossible to construct" to "worth to consider", by decreasing time and price to construct,increase capacity, provide power supply etc...