Russia - General Discussion.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think NATO really asks that much of Russia or any other country not a part of NATO. I'm pretty sure asking Russia to not deploy a full scale invasion of a relatively peaceful, democratic country is too much to ask. This is the 2020's not the 1930's or even 1990's. I would hope any member of this forum would agree. If not, perhaps they should find a different forum.
I will provide a response on the subject matter at some point, but at this point in time I'd like to make it clear that it's not for you to ask members to find a different forum. People on this forum are free to disagree on topics so long as they do so within the bounds of the forum rules.

Big_Zucchini

Horrific.

Attached below a video that captures the panicked civilians during the attack. Some OSINT accounts say the attack itself follows islamic textbook, so an FSB operation, which is probably what most would guess by default, is less likely, especially as it would then likely seek to imitate a different pattern.

Last edited:

KipPotapych

Horrific.
It is.

so an FSB operation, which is probably what most would guess by default
Why would a reasonable person think that “by default”? Have to be “a little” insane to conclude that, no? A lot of people actually are, as evident by numerous posts on Twitter, Telegram, etc.

It is a great tragedy. 82 people killed, according to the lates news. Surely this will rise to well over 100 too.

Two things that make it even worse:
1) Pretty much every Ukrainian source I follow celebrated what had happened as the second coming or close to it. The imbeciles are posting isis banners with glory to Ukraine on them, video game environments shooting up people in that hall, etc. Some are suggesting that these tragic events will filter out the Russian collaborators, ie those who feel sorry for the people that were gunned down yesterday.
2) The Russian “patriotic” segment was heavily suggesting that the Ukrainians are behind it and they should be crushed with some menace. When the alleged suspect names were mentioned and the four were the citizens (I would think) of Tadzhikistan, then there were comments along the lines of “those f**ckers that you hear about every day” etc.

People are effing stupid. And they do horrible things. Despicable, really.

Here is a funny thing. As the events were unfolding, about an hour in, I was heading to my kids’ school for what they call a “culture event”. Every kid in school is to make a poster, dress, or show by other means (if willing, it isn’t mandatory, of course) where they come from, their heritage, etc. It’s Canada, so we are from all over the place. What a sight to see. Kids parading with all kinds of flags, dresses, banners they made… Native American, English, Irish, Jamaican, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Russian, Japanese, German, other euros, a couple of African countries, Filipinos, Chinese, etc. I would estimate that at least 95% had banners of a good mix of flags. Quite a few had Ukrainian and Russian flags on their “banners”. One of my kids had 6, another chose only one plus a bunch of Canada flags. Go figure. After the “event”, I said to my wife, “You know what’s weird?” She said immediately, “That people are killing each other as we speak?” Yes, pretty much. I then told her (she didn’t know) about the terrorist attack in Russia that was unfolding while we were watching these kids marching proud, laughing, without prejudice or any other regard but love and respect for their classmates. Basically none of them give a shit about any of it, really. They really don’t. Citizens of the world that we are all little parts of…

Anyway, a bit of a sideline, I guess… But yeah, people grow into effing idiots.

Big_Zucchini

Why would a reasonable person think that “by default”? Have to be “a little” insane to conclude that, no? A lot of people actually are, as evident by numerous posts on Twitter, Telegram, etc.
Unfortunately Russia does have a history of false flag attacks.
The 1999 Russian apartment building bombings are widely attributed to Russia's internal organs, likely to bring about a political change which also involved a war with Chechnya.
We also know for a fact that Russia was warned about the attack, and since the US usually also shares intel, they likely knew a lot more than the public does now. Putin dismissed it as intimidation tactics.

That however does not mean that Russia is free from actual radical islam and that there is a complex conspiracy around every attack. For example in the 2002 Moscow theater hostage situation, there is no apparent reason to believe it wasn't a true, Islamist terror attack.
In this instance we also see what is likely an islamist pattern of attack, and Russia has also so far not blamed any specific nation, to my knowledge.

Pretty much every Ukrainian source I follow celebrated what had happened as the second coming or close to it. The imbeciles are posting isis banners with glory to Ukraine on them, video game environments shooting up people in that hall, etc. Some are suggesting that these tragic events will filter out the Russian collaborators, ie those who feel sorry for the people that were gunned down yesterday.
Odd. The sources I follow didn't. Perhaps it's time to swap them out. I think since February 2022 I pretty much blocked about half those accounts and substituted them with more professional ones.
I can only recommend following OSINT accounts with less than 250k followers.
Chuck Pfaffer, OSINTDefender - horrible fake news spreaders.
osint613, Faytuks, Apex, UKikaski, BabakTaghvaee - these are good for accurate info. I follow many others but these are the ones I found on my feed in a 1 minute search.
Anton geraschenko and Visegrad24 are good for less accurate, more flashy announcements so you'll know some incident occurred, and their exposure highlights events you might otherwise miss.
Visegrad24 used to be less accurate, I blocked them for a while but not anymore.

The Russian “patriotic” segment was heavily suggesting that the Ukrainians are behind it and they should be crushed with some menace. When the alleged suspect names were mentioned and the four were the citizens (I would think) of Tadzhikistan, then there were comments along the lines of “those f**ckers that you hear about every day” etc.
Yeah I heard a rumor about a van with Ukrainian license plate but it won't hold. It turned out to be Belarussian. There is no way to even somehow connect this to Ukraine so I doubt there will be some coherent narrative that can form here.

Here is a funny thing. As the events were unfolding, about an hour in, I was heading to my kids’ school for what they call a “culture event”. Every kid in school is to make a poster, dress, or show by other means (if willing, it isn’t mandatory, of course) where they come from, their heritage, etc. It’s Canada, so we are from all over the place. What a sight to see. Kids parading with all kinds of flags, dresses, banners they made… Native American, English, Irish, Jamaican, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Russian, Japanese, German, other euros, a couple of African countries, Filipinos, Chinese, etc. I would estimate that at least 95% had banners of a good mix of flags. Quite a few had Ukrainian and Russian flags on their “banners”. One of my kids had 6, another chose only one plus a bunch of Canada flags. Go figure. After the “event”, I said to my wife, “You know what’s weird?” She said immediately, “That people are killing each other as we speak?” Yes, pretty much. I then told her (she didn’t know) about the terrorist attack in Russia that was unfolding while we were watching these kids marching proud, laughing, without prejudice or any other regard but love and respect for their classmates. Basically none of them give a shit about any of it, really. They really don’t. Citizens of the world that we are all little parts of…

Anyway, a bit of a sideline, I guess… But yeah, people grow into effing idiots.
This is the type of freedom we take for granted. Some worked hard, many more died to enable this. It's not a luxury. We have to defend our way of life.

Big_Zucchini

It now seems the FSB-coordinated attack theory (aka false flag) is back on the table. Russia claims the perpetrators had contacts in Ukraine and planned to flee there.
Yet this seems like quite a mess right now. Here are the factors I'm aware of:
1. A few days ago Shoigu annonces massive expansion of the Russian ground forces, potentially requiring hundreds of thousands of men.
2. US (and reportedly UK) provided early warning about a terror attack in the Moscow region.
3. Attack followed islamic patterns.
4. Detained appear to be muslims.
5. Russia has a history of false flag attacks.
6. Russia lacks manpower to continuously commit to advancements in Ukraine and simultaneously guard its borders.
7. Many believe Putin had to wait until after elections before announcing a new mobilization wave.
8. Russia claims Ukraine is deeply involved in the attack, including transportation and armament.
9. Putin grew from the FSB and uses it extensively to meet political goals.
10. RT reports that guards were unarmed, and footage from the attack shows emergency exits were locked. Not sure if this is standard in Russia.

My assessment: The attack was indeed a real terror attack, and Russia simply uses it, intentionally not preventing it to rile up the masses. This is supported by points #2, #3.

Interrogation video of one of the reported perpetrators. Apparently he was offered $5,000 for the attack.

From Corcus, one survivor is bagged but fortunately he can move.

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 1999 Russian apartment building bombings are widely attributed to Russia's internal organs, likely to bring about a political change which also involved a war with Chechnya.
This one never made any sense to me. The Chechen invasion of Dagestan predated the bombings and Russia was for all intents and purposes in the middle of an active military campaign when they occurred.

Big_Zucchini

This one never made any sense to me. The Chechen invasion of Dagestan predated the bombings and Russia was for all intents and purposes in the middle of an active military campaign when they occurred.
True. Perhaps a 2nd war so quickly after the first wasn't so popular with the people, and Putin wasn't even really in power yet, let alone established meaningful control over all government organs.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
I seems according to several Western media sources a number of Western intelligence organisations gave Russia warnings in advance of this terrorist event. Assuming this is true (IMO it is) why did Putin ridicule the warnings as blackmail in a speech? Probably for domestic consumption. In private, surely Russian security would have been advised so either Putin told them to allow it to happen, the security services were incompetent, or there wasn't time to cover all the venues. Even if one of the latter two are correct, no worries for Putin the perfect. If number one reason is correct, the huge death toll was likely not expected and might be a potential vulnerability for Putin if any other crisis happens in the next few months.

Big_Zucchini

I seems according to several Western media sources a number of Western intelligence organisations gave Russia warnings in advance of this terrorist event. Assuming this is true (IMO it is) why did Putin ridicule the warnings as blackmail in a speech? Probably for domestic consumption. In private, surely Russian security would have been advised so either Putin told them to allow it to happen, the security services were incompetent, or there wasn't time to cover all the venues. Even if one of the latter two are correct, no worries for Putin the perfect. If number one reason is correct, the huge death toll was likely not expected and might be a potential vulnerability for Putin if any other crisis happens in the next few months.
I personally believe, for now, that Russia enabled this. One additional contributing factor is that in such cases Russia does not really have a coherent case. It's usually a mess, and right now is no exception. Russian internal propaganda works by quantity, not quality, so when you see an abundance of "information", you're probably seeing the propaganda at work.

This is the warning referenced by you and myself earlier:

1711223826165.png

I highly recommend this brief but informative thread. Briefly, it details multiple unlikely layers of gross negligence/incompetence that may amount to high likelihood it was intentional (on Russia's part). Competent terrorists and criminals aim to exploit such series of failures as a window to act, but they aren't paid $5,000 per once-in-a-lifetime job, and the advance warnings should have allowed Russia to close these gaps if they sought to avoid it.

I also want to mention that the videos of the terror suspects are meant entirely for internal consumption. For an external audience they've shot themselves in the foot. In any proper justice system, confession under duress is void.

Redshift

So Mr courgette when people say that Israel ignored warnings and allowed the 7 Nov attacks on its people I imagine that you, like me, refuse to believe that it was a deliberate self inflicted attrocity.

I currently, in the absence of any evidence whatsoever, I am a bit surprised that you are making this "argument"

Big_Zucchini

So Mr courgette when people say that Israel ignored warnings and allowed the 7 Nov attacks on its people I imagine that you, like me, refuse to believe that it was a deliberate self inflicted attrocity.

I currently, in the absence of any evidence whatsoever, I am a bit surprised that you are making this "argument"
Ignoring warnings is one piece of a larger puzzle. Alone it cannot be evidence, and must be coupled with more elements to prove something conclusively. A much larger piece of the puzzle is a Russian interest in such action, as I explained earlier. A casus belli to legitimize a mobilization wave. Ignoring the warning merely supports this.

As for 7 Nov attacks, first, they occurred on October. Second, the IDF was generally aware of plans for attack. What surprised it was not that it happened, but rather the scale and speed of Hamas's action. There are more layers to this to uncover, which I'm sure will become more apparent with time. But in contrast, there is no apparent reason to believe that Israel as a state or anyone in Israel would somehow benefit from this.

Fredled

ISIS-K Terrorist Attack

KipPotapych said:
Pretty much every Ukrainian source I follow celebrated what had happened as the second coming or close to it. The imbeciles are posting isis banners with glory to Ukraine on them
This despictable. These imbeciles also forgot that it was Chechen islamists who first attacked Ukraine alonside Russia. Maybe not the same islamists, but close friends at least.
ISIS and other islamic group would attack Russia and Ukraine alike, as long as these two countries are not islamized.

The most important is the official reaction of the Ukrainian government. And they didn't celebrate.

Big_Zucchini said:
The 1999 Russian apartment building bombings are widely attributed to Russia's internal organs
Yes but it hasn't been proven. And at this time the West was quick to bash Russia anytime they had a chance.
How we, in the West treated Russia has a lot to do about how Putin hates the West now. Of course there are other reasons, and it's not an excuse, but it had an influence.

Big_Zucchini said:
Yeah I heard a rumour about a van with Ukrainian license plate but it won't hold. It turned out to be Belarussian.
Russia immediately tried to link the terrorist attack to Ukraine. They claimed that Ukraine had managed an escape window for the terrorists. Then it appeared that the terrorists were heading to Belarusia instead. The Russo-Belarussian border was put under thight control ASAP.

Big_Zucchini said:
10. RT reports that guards were unarmed, and footage from the attack shows emergency exits were locked. Not sure if this is standard in Russia.

My assessment: The attack was indeed a real terror attack, and Russia simply uses it, intentionally not preventing it to rile up the masses
Russia is far from US or European standards and locking emergency exits or lack of emergency exit, is no surprise.

What is more troubling was the lack of security forces for such event despite the warning. Not only form the US embassy but from other embassies as well. It would be surprising that the FSB didn't know more about it.

There were only 3 or 4 private guards near the metal detectors and the women checking tickets. The terrorists simply took their gun out of their backpack and started shooting just before the metal detector.

There were no police or special force preventivly deployed. This is even more strange since the Krokus arena is in an upscale millionaire neighborhood where you would expect higher security even in normal time.

IMO, Putin knew that something would happen and let it happen in order to get a pretext to mobilize the population.
When the population feels to be under attack, it's always good to start a war even on non related targets.
W Bush did the same. He used the attack on the WTC as pretext to attack Iraq.

Another explanation would be that the FSB and Russian anti-terrorist force are so much involved in Ukraine and depleted of its best elements that they did't have enough men to guard the venue. But that's unlikely.

Mobilisation

Big_Zucchini said:
Many believe Putin had to wait until after elections before announcing a new mobilization wave.
This is obvious and was predictable. The day after his re-election he ordered a new wave of mobilisation (300K or 500K? I don;t remember). (I will try to find a link if required).
He wouldn't have done that 3 days before. Huh?

On the one hand, once the election is over, there might be less pressure on Russian troops to score gains on the battlefield as fast and as much as possible. (Thought that's not what we observe right now).
On the other hand, Putin can put more pressure on the population to mobilized and use more economical resources for the war.

I have hear that in Russia they planed or had decided to ask Russians who earn some money to voluntarily lend a significant amount to the government un support to the war effort (making clear that this money is to be used for the war). Those who won't lent voluntarily will have to pay extra taxes or fine (not clear) anyway.
(Sorry with my "I have heard". I can't always look for links immediately and all the time.)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is obvious and was predictable. The day after his re-election he ordered a new wave of mobilisation (300K or 500K? I don;t remember). (I will try to find a link if required).
He wouldn't have done that 3 days before. Huh?
Sorry, what? This would be all over the internet if this was true and public. Are you claiming a secret order? Please provide your sources.

Fredled

SinisterMinister said:
I'll respond to your points, but just want to preface that I'm not necessarily talking about the facts of what happened in each of these instances
You said:
I'm talking about what happened under Western guidance (especially Boris Jordan and Jeffrey Sachs) in the 1990s. It's not about who owns things but rather about why those things happened and who had a hand in it.
The grabbing of most of Russian industrial and petroleum wealth didn't happened under Western Guidance.
Western guidance was only telling Russia what to do to secure IMF loans or other loans. Among these guidance were disastrous recommendations, totally inadapted to the reality. But they were not the cause of massive and systematic looting.
Most of Russian wealth were stolen at that time by people close to the Party, who distributed this wealth among each others. They were received the opportunity to buy large stake in mainly petroleum, steel, real estate and a few other potentially profitable state businesses. They paid a ridiculous price for it. Like 100x cheaper than they should have paid. if not 1000x cheaper. Western guidance had nothing to do with this.
On the contrary: Most Western investors in Russia at that time lost most of their money.

Bosnia: No, it wasn't Russia's business. Yes, Russia saw it as an ally against NATO or the West. But why did they need an ally against us?

You said:
If NATO is an alliance against Russia it's expansion is a threat to Russia. It really doesn't matter whether NATO calls itself defensive or not, Russia does not perceive it as such and that's all that matters to their response. Why should Russia view an anti-Russian alliance as defensive?
I agree that Russia doesn't believe that NATO is a purely defensive alliance. They simply can't imagine it can be so.
Yet, you can turn it the way you want, that's what it is. if Russians are idiots, it's not our fault.
Fighting against Russian expansion is not a threat to Russia. Russia just has not to expand by force. It can expand with peaceful, economical means thought. But they are intellectually unable to do that. Saudis can do that. Chinese can do that. Not Russians. Go figure.

You said:
won't argue the facts, but Russian perception is that the CIA funded groups that agitated for reform and eventually had a direct hand in the coup. Whether or not that happened matters little to the Russian response. They believe it did
No they just use the word "CIA" to scare people and to make it look like some illegal, covert operation we would not be aware of.
In fact, as I said, you don;t need the CIA when diplomats talk directly and openly with Ukrainian opposition politicians and everything is related in the press.

You said:
And what's wrong with it is exactly what the US would find wrong with a Chinese funded coup toppling the Mexican government and replacing it with a China-aligned government.
There were no coup in Ukraine. Only election advanced by two month by decision of the Parliament.
If Mexico decided to start new elections and a pro-Chinese government is elected, the US has no legal or moral right to intervene. It just has the right to shut up. No matter how much money the Chinese or, in the case of Ukraine, Western donors have given to the opposition parties.
If it was only a question of money Russia could have bought them largely. And that's what they did up to some point.
So the West funding opposition groups is fair game since Russia, and everybody, does the same.

But it's not only a question of money.

benignstrategicenvironment said:
My argument is not that NATO is a threat to Russia. Rather that there are reasonable grounds for someone to conclude that NATO is a threat to Russia, in particular that it could have played a role in Putin's decision to invade Ukraine.
The rumour that Ukraine could ask to join NATO in a foreseeable future certainly played a role in the decision to invade, but it was not the primary reason. The main reason was to control Ukraine, its economy, its industry, its sea ports and national waters, keep military bases and allow free movement of Russian troops inside the country, nuclear power plants, agricultural land, banks and monetary policy etc. Just as they do with Belarussia.

NATO membership would only be the ultimate consecration of the failure by Russia to keep Ukraine under its sphere of control. But only after it already lost it totaly.

Feanor said:
I'm not Putin, and I have a good faith belief that NATO is a threat to Russia. I think anyone who argues otherwise is intentionally leaving out a whole bunch of unstated assumptions, like the idea that NATO is not a threat to Russia as long as Russia behaves in a manner NATO doesn't find particularly objectionable.
Indeed, under this angle, NATO is potentially a threat to Russia.
For example if Russia invades another country (i.e. Ukraine) and this is considered as behaving in a inappropriate manner, then NATO may take actions against Russia.
If Russia's behaviour involves bombing or entering a NATO member, NATO will most certainly becomes a treat to Russia.

But why would Russia decide to undertake objectionable actions?
It just has not to and everything will be fine.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indeed, under this angle, NATO is potentially a threat to Russia.
For example if Russia invades another country (i.e. Ukraine) and this is considered as behaving in a inappropriate manner, then NATO may take actions against Russia.
If Russia's behaviour involves bombing or entering a NATO member, NATO will most certainly becomes a treat to Russia.

But why would Russia decide to undertake objectionable actions?
It just has not to and everything will be fine.
Why would NATO countries bomb Yugoslavia? Russia certainly didn't seem to think those were particularly appropriate behavior. From a security standpoint I think it's virtually inevitable that on a long enough time line NATO will find something Russia does objectionable, and vice versa.

Fredled

Sorry, what? This would be all over the internet if this was true and public. Are you claiming a secret order? Please provide your sources.
It's only rumours for the moment (maybe because people are sure that what he will do). Let's see in a few days.

Fredled

Why would NATO countries bomb Yugoslavia? Russia certainly didn't seem to think those were particularly appropriate behavior. From a security standpoint I think it's virtually inevitable that on a long enough time line NATO will find something Russia does objectionable, and vice versa.
Yes. Bombing Serbia was objectionable. Not only by Russia but also by myself. And this is one of the mistake, or reason, why Russia dislike the West or the US or see it as an agressive entity. Invading Iraq in 2002 reinforced this sentiment.
The are not totally wrong, I agree. But the idea that Russia could be attacked or invaded by NATO is over the top.

KipPotapych

I would suggest you forgot the word “alleged” somewhere there, haha.

I don’t know if I would call it widely attributed, but there was never anything definitive on the event. Even if assume that the “false flag attack” was the case in 1999, were there many others that are widely regarded this way?

I’d say Russia has a history of terrorist attacks by various radical islamist elements, enough so to conclude that this one was another one of the same (especially when everyone else reasonable suggests just that). Having a border (via and including Kazakhstan) with countries bordering Afghanistan and Pakistan that are prone to radicalization and having hundreds of thousands (mostly) working migrants from there, as well as Chechnya, Dagestan, etc within, should make one walk on their tippy toes as far as islamist terror is concerned. But there are occasional failures by the agencies responsible, especially given the current situation (duh?).

We also know for a fact that Russia was warned about the attack, and since the US usually also shares intel, they likely knew a lot more than the public does now. Putin dismissed it as intimidation tactics.
Actually, we don’t know that for a fact. Unless you are referring to the warnings by various embassies in Russia as a warning. Otherwise, while the Americans said they warned the Russians, the Russians claimed the Americans did not. They also claimed that there is no cooperation between the two countries in regard to this event:

Furthermore, Russia reported a couple of weeks ago that they prevented an attack on a synagogue by the exact same ISIS-K (first google search result):

This is not to say whether there was an actual warning or not. However, if the current cooperation on this type of issues is at the level of “we warned you by issuing a warning to our citizens in our embassy/ies in your country”… Well, that’s just sad and extremely dangerous for all involved - that is, all of us.

That however does not mean that Russia is free from actual radical islam and that there is a complex conspiracy around every attack. For example in the 2002 Moscow theater hostage situation, there is no apparent reason to believe it wasn't a true, Islamist terror attack.
In this instance we also see what is likely an islamist pattern of attack, and Russia has also so far not blamed any specific nation, to my knowledge.
Yes. I also hear there was a false flag op by the CIA to remove Kennedy, as well many other such ops, including 9/11 in order to begin the war in Afghanistan because blah (I would also bet my money that I can find sources among the elected US officials at the time of any particular event). There were also a few false flag ops by the Israeli gubberment, including the seventh of the last October in order to occupy Gaza and blah.

Odd. The sources I follow didn't. Perhaps it's time to swap them out. I think since February 2022 I pretty much blocked about half those accounts and substituted them with more professional ones.
I can only recommend following OSINT accounts with less than 250k followers.
Chuck Pfaffer, OSINTDefender - horrible fake news spreaders.
osint613, Faytuks, Apex, UKikaski, BabakTaghvaee - these are good for accurate info. I follow many others but these are the ones I found on my feed in a 1 minute search.
Anton geraschenko and Visegrad24 are good for less accurate, more flashy announcements so you'll know some incident occurred, and their exposure highlights events you might otherwise miss.
Visegrad24 used to be less accurate, I blocked them for a while but not anymore.
Thanks for the suggestions. Everything I follow provides me with the info I follow them for. Most of the stuff I mentioned in my post is what the comments are flooded with. Only a couple suggested “exposing collaborators” and the like in the original posts, as well as expressinghappiness, etc.

I doubt there will come a day when I will visit Geraschenko’s twitter or any other outlet he uses on my own will.

Pretty much every western source on social media I look into, that mentioned the event in any extent, had the “false flag” comments all over it. Hardly anyone expressed their concerns, condolences, or anything else of the sort. Anyone who did was said to be a Russian troll or the like. And all this is very unfortunate and concerning. And, for the most part, people are effing stupid, as I said in my previous post.

I should also mention that I do not have a “feed” per se; I visit multiple different sources depending on the events that took place over the previous day or two as reported by the numerous media outlets I visit daily.

Yeah I heard a rumor about a van with Ukrainian license plate but it won't hold. It turned out to be Belarussian. There is no way to even somehow connect this to Ukraine so I doubt there will be some coherent narrative that can form here.
Well, I am sure there is a way, but yes, I don’t believe there is any way to substantiate it and I actually do not believe the Ukes would be capable (as in humanely capable) to do something like this.

This is the type of freedom we take for granted. Some worked hard, many more died to enable this. It's not a luxury. We have to defend our way of life.
I don’t disagree with the premise, but I think that we would differ in opinions in regard to the way to defend it. Especially as far as Canada is concerned. That, however, probably belongs in another thread.

Edit: I see now that there were responses by others, some of which addressed some of the same points I did. I will read through and address those as well later.

Last edited: