Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

the road runner

Not sure how I put the pics up, I took a couple of quick ones today when she was doing into CCDD, but I can't upload as it is over my quota.
If you look up the top of the forum page you will see some pics of a MRH-90 helicopter that's titled "Aus_Navy" click on that.

Then you will see on the top right hand corner "Upload photos" click on that and upload 10 photos at a time :p:

You can write a title/description of the photos your uploading .....
Then just click on the "Upload/Submit" button and it will upload all 10

It will take a few days to be authorised by the Mods.
Make sure you signed in to DT

Would really appreciate some pics

Regards

alexsa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Will the MES cabling be insulated/encapsulated at some point? Looks rather exposed up close.

Considering the lines need to run out with the deployment of the MES encapusaltion may be a problem. Function before form really.

StoresBasher

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
If you look up the top of the forum page you will see some pics of a MRH-90 helicopter that's titled "Aus_Navy" click on that.

Then you will see on the top right hand corner "Upload photos" click on that and upload 10 photos at a time :p:

You can write a title/description of the photos your uploading .....
Then just click on the "Upload/Submit" button and it will upload all 10

It will take a few days to be authorised by the Mods.
Make sure you signed in to DT

Would really appreciate some pics

Regards
Cheers mate, done some pics are already up.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
There's a nice few shots of her in the drydock in the RAN forum at worldnavalships.com/forums/ taken by a serving sailor from the mess at Kuttabul.
Impressive.
Not sure of the propriety of copying them and posting here?

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Just a quick and silly question, why does the Canberra have "L" before the hull number?
The "L" designates the ship as an Amphibious Warfare Ship, "D" for Destroyers, "F" for Frigates, "R" for Aircraft Carriers etc.

If you do a google search for Naval Ship Pennant Numbers you will find plenty of info on the history of it and what they mean

Cheers

drjn

The "L" designates the ship as an Amphibious Warfare Ship, "D" for Destroyers, "F" for Frigates, "R" for Aircraft Carriers etc.

If you do a google search for Naval Ship Pennant Numbers you will find plenty of info on the history of it and what they mean

Cheers
Thanks for that, but it then begs the question as to why the RAN have only used the letter designation for the amphibious ships in the fleet? I doubt that we will see a "D" on the AWD ships.

the road runner

There's a nice few shots of her in the drydock in the RAN forum at worldnavalships.com/forums/ taken by a serving sailor from the mess at Kuttabul.
Impressive.
Not sure of the propriety of copying them and posting here?
I am sure if you PMed the bloke and asked for his permission to copy his photos over to this site it would be ok.

Hopefully StoresBasher goes trigger happy on a few shots of Canberra in dry dock ;)

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks for that, but it then begs the question as to why the RAN have only used the letter designation for the amphibious ships in the fleet? I doubt that we will see a "D" on the AWD ships.
Depends on the trend at the time, if you look at pictures of say the Perth Class DDG's, you will see different schemes at different times, sometimes with the Letter other times not.

Cheers

PatH

Hi I'm new to this so sorry if it turns out really weird, but I was just wandering if the RAN are assisting with the search for the missing Malaysian Plane?

koala

Thanx for putting up the pictures you took mate.
That one of the Bow of Canberra is a really nice pic :D
I haven't been to town today but went there for the St Patricks parade only to get sadly pissed on by the heavens'.

But even from the L90 Palm Beach bus crossing the harbour bridge I could catch a glimpse of Canberra's superstructure and ski jump, she is a large girl indeed

Just show's the size of the big babe, and toany of you guys and gals (that are members here) that will serve on her, should be very very proud indeed.

Any news on how the paint job is going and her next itinerate?

alexsa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi I'm new to this so sorry if it turns out really weird, but I was just wandering if the RAN are assisting with the search for the missing Malaysian Plane?
Good to the Department of defence web site and it is the second new story. AP-3C's at the moment. At this stage it really is an appropriate response.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
CNN reported New Zealand is contributing an Orion to supplement the RAAF effort
The RNZAF P3K2 was originally in Malaysia searching and has been redeployed to Pearce at the request of the Malaysian government. It is what 12 days since the aircraft has gone missing and there have been many leads that have been less than fruitful. So one would have to query how valid are the latest theories. One other thing the media here mention was that the Chinese were participating in the search based out of Perth, so does anyone know what their asset is?

Status
Not open for further replies.