Research for Bachelor's thesis - looking for help (active duty and veterans)

combatvetspouse

Hello,

I am currently writing my Bachelor's Thesis at the University of Innsbruck, Austria in my program English and American Studies. For this thesis I am conducting a survey among active duty and prior enlisted service members of the U.S. Armed Forces about their experience with sexual harassment during service.
In order to be approved by my advisor the survey needs to meet the threshold of 100 participants, so any support would be highly appreciated. The survey takes approximately between 5-15 minutes, depending on your answers. No personal data will be collected and no information will be shared with any third party. All responses will be deleted after completion of my thesis.
I will donate 50c for every completed questionnaire to an organization supporting victims of sexual harassment and assault in the military.

My contact info, real name, and my university's name are found in the survey. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Link to my survey: Questionnaire | page 1

Vivendi

This is important research, thanks for doing a Bachelor's on this.

Unfortunately sexual harassment is an issue in the Norwegian armed forces, and this has recently gained a lot of attention since several brave women recently decided to speak up, and go to the media, after being silenced and to some extent ignored by the defense forces themselves. This has finally triggered a major process instigated from the top, hopefully the systemic issues will be addressed moving forward.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hello,

I am currently writing my Bachelor's Thesis at the University of Innsbruck, Austria in my program English and American Studies. For this thesis I am conducting a survey among active duty and prior enlisted service members of the U.S. Armed Forces about their experience with sexual harassment during service.
In order to be approved by my advisor the survey needs to meet the threshold of 100 participants, so any support would be highly appreciated. The survey takes approximately between 5-15 minutes, depending on your answers. No personal data will be collected and no information will be shared with any third party. All responses will be deleted after completion of my thesis.
I will donate 50c for every completed questionnaire to an organization supporting victims of sexual harassment and assault in the military.

My contact info, real name, and my university's name are found in the survey. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Link to my survey: Questionnaire | page 1
Your research is really important, but we aren't really a research service and we are an international forum that isn't US Centric.

I would suggest that you contact one of the US Veterans organisations who would probably be able to help you. Look for a women's group. I would probably avoid their Veterans Affairs Department because being a government organisation, and one run by the Pentagon, they'll throw a lot of bureaucracy your way. Your great great grandchildren may be able to finally access the redacted information. If you wanted to do a compare and contrast you could look at the New Zealand Defence Force. We have a 28 year old Royal NZ Navy sailor being Courts Martialled at the moment for sexual harassment against a female crewmate. If found guilty, hopefully he will will be sentenced to prison and kicked out of the navy.