R&D in Pakistan Defense Industry

mysterious

I'm a bit rusty on the part of composite materials being used in indigenous Pakistani production of defense equipment. Are composite materials being used in any of the production or upgrading projects currently underway in Pakistani facilities? :roll

ashoaib

Al_khalid and JF-17 mostly have parts not manufactured in Pakistan. Its like Pakistan just collected from many contries and assembled them with the help of others. If we try to develop our own parts then it will be real RD.
I dont see any RD except in Nukes and Missels in which we are doing realy well and InshAllah we will leave India in it.
Take wheel from someone and engine from other one and put htem togather dont mean RD.

mysterious

I dont think thats what other things (apart from missiles and nukes) are all about. There has been significant R & D going on and input has been made in on going indigeneous projects. I wonder if Gary knew something with regards to all this. :smokingc:

Muhafiz

PJ-10 BrahMos said:
In general the MMNA status allows a country a few more perks to help develop its economy that is the primary incentive; however there are secondary perks available to Pakistan in forms of its military,

1. Offer large loans with small debt repayment package

2. More money in aid package

3. Pakistan's new position will get it preferential treatment in defence supplies from the United States, special financial assistance for military research and special privileges in U.S military training for Pakistan's military

4. Being able to share degree of modern technology, though not duel use technology

It’s wrong to presume that Pakistan can obtain military satellites from the U.S, by waiving there MMNA declaration, but they could lease satellites which are not meant for duel use roles
Which kind of "Training" you just mantioned?

Physical or development?

if it's Physical.. then I would ask a question that where do you live? know something that Pakistan Army does'nt need physical Training mind you..