R&D in Pakistan Defense Industry

XEROX

Israel has signed a contract with Elbit Systems Ltd to supply TAUVEX II scientific space camera to be launched into space mounted on the Indian Satellite GSAT-4.

Why is there an Israeli “defense contractor†working on this mission to explore the galaxy, could there be a military motive for this camera?

srirangan

Banned Member
Well the Israeli company has just won a tender, this is a joint project by India and Israel and Elbit System prolly made the most attractive bid.

srirangan

Banned Member
Come to think of it, there job is to just make giant mirrors and arrange them properly. Now is 3.5 million USD very cheap? ;) India specializes in cost effective space solutions dude! :smokingc:

XEROX

[EDIT: Read the topic, it isn't about India.] If you continue this habit of posting irrelevent nonsense in threads, it will not be good. Open a thread on R&D in India if you are so concerned that we should know something about it otherwise stop ruining threads with irrelevent info which isn't related to the topic being discussed.]

mysterious

What is going on in here? I just returned to this thread after 2 days and I find srirangan and brahmos hijacking it with Indian R&D discussion!! How good a pair of eyes does it take to read "R&D in Pakistan Defense Industry"????? :cop

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
:cop

No more comments on the thread being hijacked etc... back to the topic folks.

mysterious

Well I for one think that Pakistan is not paying attention to indigenous production (obviously after R&D) of SAMs (both short and long range), helicopters for the army (both civilian/transport and gunships), MRLs (some advanced one desparately needed I think), etc etc. :smokingc:

mysterious

I sense the sarcasm but still I'll reply to the best of my knowledge. Of course indigenous doesnt mean one hundred percent Pakistani R&D and stuff. China has helped Pakistan a lot in certain areas and allowed it to progress. Al-Khalids, Anza Mk-1s and Mk-2s, APCs (Al-Talha, Al-Saad), Al-Zarrar Tank upgrade configurations, Mashaks (& Super Mashaks), some naval stuff as well which I cant remember specifically at the moment (am not including the Agostas if anyone thinks I'm trying to refer to those as those are part of ToT, not indigenous advancements), etc etc. :smokingc:

yasin_khan

Thats very good step towards self-rellience and president of Pakistan had told to every scientist that increase the capabilities five fold.

mysterious

And now that so-called '10-year plan' of equalizing the balance of power in S. Asia is under way as implemented by Mr. Musharraf himself which would see Pakistan becoming more and more self-sufficient in defense equipment production (of international standards) as well as with greater degree of indeginous R & D and end results prevailing in all sectors of the Pakistan's armed forces. (Mashallah) :smokingc:

muslim282

A good step for pakistan would be to pass off and sponsor alot of its research work to academic institutions and universities. This is effectively more productive, cheaper and breeds a whole new generation of scientists and engineers in the country. lts a way of tapping into the larger brain of pakistan as a whole.
This is commonly done here in the uk, with companies such as BAe systems and Rolls Royce sponsoring unversity students to conduct research, which is then compiled and given to the host company.
l myself am an example of this.
As pakistan lags behind (as well as india) most western nations, the issue of technology transfer should be sought with defence purchases. ie:- we will purchase off you if we are shown how to manufacture and develop ourselves. Sure the UK or france isn,t going to show us how to manufacture Rafale and EF2000 fighters, but can work with us on how to indigenously develop starting from minor things such as airframes, radios, receivers, overhauling facilities, which will eventually lead to more and more indiginisation.
To those who mimic and pass off sarcastic comments about pakistan. Well then you should remember that on the formation of pakistan we didn,t even make our own bullets. BUT today pakistan now exports over $150million worth of just light arms, which is likely to double by 2006.
Pakistan has secured sales of its trainer planes to a number of nations, most recently to south africa. Manpads are also produced and being further developed, aircraft weaponry, tanks, APC, rockets and many other types of equipment.
Sure we are behind other nations, But we are moving forward and the progress is getting faster. lndia only has the lead as pakistan sufferd numerous one sided embargoes while india did not.
The lead: well we,ll notice that in 10 years.
Pakistan now has the freedom to deal with nations such as the Ukraine, France, Sweden, China and no more do we need to rely on just the US and other select countries.
Paksitan has many gifted people, but it all depends on how the goverment decides to utilise them.

srirangan

Banned Member
>> This is commonly done here in the uk, with companies such as BAe
>> systems and Rolls Royce sponsoring unversity students to conduct
>> research, which is then compiled and given to the host company.

Yep, happens here too .. :)

adsH

yeah my uni works with Rolls Royce. they tailor every affiliated Technical course to meet demands of the industry.