questions about war between Israel & Iran

Ageiola

Hi guys as we know there’s been a lot of talk about a potential war between Israel & Iran recently, so just had a couple questions about some possible scenarios. I'm not asking for people’s opinions about who they think would win or looking for chest thumping I’m just curious about a couple things.

1) Do you think it will be a ground and air war or just an air war?

2) If you think there will be a ground war where will it take place? (As we know they don't share a border so will another country be drawn in for example Syria or Jordan?

3) Do you think there will be any external involvement i.e. U.S, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq?

4) And finally along what timeline do you see it happening example after the u.s leave Iraq, or in the next few months?

My apologies if this is in the wrong section or goes against the forum guidelines.

waraich

Banned Member
I dont think they will fight with each other in near future.

Israel will only strik if get US give green signal ,which is not possible in near future due to US extensive reinforcement in Afghanistan . War in Afghanistan is long term war and may continue in decades and could spread in other areas in central asia and south asia.

China is supporting Iran and now iran have long range ballestic missiles could hit Israel , so if Iran could develop nukes then it would be disaster for whole middle east.

I think Iran could develop nuke technology with help of Pakistan or China.Nuke technology is no more secret but difficult part is to obtain magnetic rings to develop U-237 for A bomb.

Last edited:

Humanoid

While Iran going nuclear is still in the balance, and I pray they do not succeed, if war were to occur, my best guess would be that the skies of the middle east would see more fighting than the ground for several reasons.

One, is as you have pointed out, the fact that they do not share a border making it mandatory for a ground war to include an intermediate country. The second is the fact that Israeli pilots are of infamous caliber, being able to outmaneuver a host of other foreign pilots including the USAF. This would give them a tremendous advantage and help them to establish air superiority over the Iranians, once established, tactical air strikes (another field of Israeli strength) would be able to cripple Iran military powers.

As the post by Ageiola pointed out however, there are backers to both sides, and for Israel to attack would require a green light from their military suppliers and funders(The United States).

Of course if the Middle East were to declare on war on Israel, there would no longer be a Middle East when the Jericho Program was launched.

So, for now, let's just sit back and hope to God that the two can at least keep the missiles from flying.

Ageiola

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So what external countries if any do you guys (defence talk people) see getting involved? I personally don't see any actual mid east armys being involved only militants like Hezbollah & Hamas. I don’t see any advantages for mid east militaries who get involved.

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
If war started. It would start in the air but Iran would be able to handihandicap israel's airforces and probably ground forces. If Israel enters lebanon the that would damage their ground forces even more. It's depending on how israel goes about it.

Manfred2

So what external countries if any do you guys (defence talk people) see getting involved? I personally don't see any actual mid east armys being involved only militants like Hezbollah & Hamas. I don’t see any advantages for mid east militaries who get involved.
Your problem is that you are dealing with this in a logical way, and Egypt is about the only nation in that region that deals with issues in a logical way, and they are even farther away from Iran!

The issue is over missiles and warheads (officially), so we might be seeing something new here; a war fought with missiles and aircraft- over the soil of nations that want nothing to do with this!

It will be interesting to see how this goes... for as long as it is allowed to run. I predict 4 very interesting hours, followed by 2 days of confusion and ten years of head-scratching analysis.

marshalljones

Don't go on rumors or blindly believe the news its better to go in for some reliable source many good sources are available on internet for providing news, BBC always interests me as they gather some very nice news. People should be greatly vigilant in spreading the news because some issues are very sensitive. Uncensored News from Israel : Israeli News with a twist is a great source for Israel news many of such uncensored news stories could easily be gathered. Founding the best source from the better is considered to be the key so go in for the best option.

Chrom

While Iran going nuclear is still in the balance, and I pray they do not succeed, if war were to occur, my best guess would be that the skies of the middle east would see more fighting than the ground for several reasons.
They MAY not be successful in short or even mid-term, but in long term there is no way out of nuclear warpon in Iran (and every other country which wants it). Get used with it.
One, is as you have pointed out, the fact that they do not share a border making it mandatory for a ground war to include an intermediate country. The second is the fact that Israeli pilots are of infamous caliber, being able to outmaneuver a host of other foreign pilots including the USAF. This would give them a tremendous advantage and help them to establish air superiority over the Iranians, once established, tactical air strikes (another field of Israeli strength) would be able to cripple Iran military powers.

As the post by Ageiola pointed out however, there are backers to both sides, and for Israel to attack would require a green light from their military suppliers and funders(The United States).

Of course if the Middle East were to declare on war on Israel, there would no longer be a Middle East when the Jericho Program was launched.

So, for now, let's just sit back and hope to God that the two can at least keep the missiles from flying.
I always had a doubt Israel have a guts to use nuclear weapon even IF it posses it. Israel politicans are no better (or worse) than anywhere in the world, and i pretty much doubt they wants to commit collective suicide together with rest of israel peoples.

Becouse lets face it - IF Israel uses A-Bomb, its over for them. Noone survives there.