Pakistan & Malaysian Defence Relations

siresoul

Pakistan, Malaysia discuss defence cooperation

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Malaysia have reiterated their mutual desire to further strengthen and enhance bilateral cooperation between the two countries particularly in the field of defence. This was discussed during a meeting between the visiting Malaysian Chief of Army Staff, General Dato Sri Abdul Aziz Bin Hj Zainal and senior Federal Minister and Minister for Defence, Rao Sikandar Iqbal, and Minister of State for Defence, Zahid Hamid, here on Wednesday.

The meeting exchanged views on matters of bilateral interest and stressed the need for greater collaboration between the two countries in different fields. The ministers apprised the visiting dignitary about the tremendous potential of the defence industry of Pakistan.

Gen Dato Sri Abdul Aziz Bin Hj Zainal praised the quality and standard of the defence equipment provided by Pakistan to Malaysia. Both sides underlined the need for enhanced cooperation in the area of training as well as exchange of military delegations so as to benefit of each otherís experience.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/index.html
That shows that they are happy with ANZAII... and what do you guys think they are Interested in buying from Pakistan???

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
hmmmm....what can i say. Malaysia has been a very friendly country to the Islamic Rebublic of Pakistan and they have always shown concern. Now I dont know how much they donated for the recent earthquake but i do know that they have been trying to help. In the Defence field I think that both countries have showed interests in each others equipment. One possible thing that they are willing to buy of us will most likely be the JF-17 THUNDER mostly because of Malaysia's need for new lightweight low-cost aircraft. Infact Malaysia is on the list for Pakistan, for a possible customer of this Aircraft. Also Malaysia has been aquiring heavy aircraft and i think its crucial for them to purchase this jet. Inshallah, they will! and both countries could buy some ice-cream to enjoy co-operations!:p: :) ;) :D

dreamwarrior73

i'm sorry dudes. i don't think Malaysia is interested in buying the JF-17 Thunder. don't get me wrong. JF-17 is a decent plane. it just that it doesn't meet Malaysian Air Force requirement. Malaysia no longer operates single engine front line fighter anymore. beside in longer run Malaysia Air Force front line fighter inventory will only consist of Su-30MKM, Super Hornet and MiG-29. introducing another type of aircraft from totally new supplier/country will only exagerates ILS nightmares that Malaysian Air Force is having.

Hussain

I think the Malaysians will probably interested in purchasing light infantry weapons. They Malaysians have purchased Red Arrow missiles in the past that were apparently demonstrated in Bosnia. I thinik the Malaysuians ahve also purchased artillery rounds , mortars and H and K items.

aaaditya

they may buy your armoured personnel carriers ,these will be very usefull in malaysia which is a thickly wooded country ,though i doubt they will acquire any battle tanks.

siresoul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What type of tanks they are using(i mean malaysians)???
And What can Pakistan buy from Malaysia???

dreamwarrior73

Hussain said:
I think the Malaysians will probably interested in purchasing light infantry weapons. They Malaysians have purchased Red Arrow missiles in the past that were apparently demonstrated in Bosnia. I thinik the Malaysuians ahve also purchased artillery rounds , mortars and H and K items.
maybe. maybe not. cos' Malaysia defence industries also produce light infantry weapons, firearms, artillery rounds, mortar rouns etc.

what Malaysia might be interested is procuring more Anza Mk 2 manpads and Baktar Shikan ATGW.

dreamwarrior73

aaaditya said:
they may buy your armoured personnel carriers ,these will be very usefull in malaysia which is a thickly wooded country ,though i doubt they will acquire any battle tanks.
again i don't so. cos' DefTech (a Malaysian defence company) already assembles FNSS ACV under license.

dreamwarrior73

siresoul said:
What type of tanks they are using(i mean malaysians)???
And What can Pakistan buy from Malaysia???
Malaysian Army is using PT-91M (upgraded Polish T-72) MBT and Scorpion light tank.

what can Pakistan buy from Malaysia? good question. maybe:

1. warships. since Malaysia already bought Blohm + Voss Meko A100 design.
2. military vehicles. all sorts.
3. long range UAV

Malaysia has diverse defence industry but many are common with Pakistan. so i don't think Pakistan might be interested to buy something Malaysia produces that already being produces in Pakistan cos' each country has to support their own defence industry. what i have listed is what i think is not being produced in Pakistan.

ThunderBolt

I am thinking that Malaysia doesn't have much ground hardware and i think that they would be intersted in buying the new tanks that pakistan is making. And the JF-17 part, my opinion they will surly buy it. But on the other hand i don't really know what Pakistan could buy from Malaysia while Malaysia can actually buy some good stuff.

dreamwarrior73

ThunderBolt said:
I am thinking that Malaysia doesn't have much ground hardware and i think that they would be intersted in buying the new tanks that pakistan is making. And the JF-17 part, my opinion they will surly buy it. But on the other hand i don't really know what Pakistan could buy from Malaysia while Malaysia can actually buy some good stuff.
sorry, Malaysia will not buy JF-17. Malaysia doesn't operate single engine frontline fighters anymore. introducing JF-17 will further exaggerate the ILS nightmares that the air force already having. Malaysia already has MiG-29, Su-30MKM and Hornet (soon to be replaced by Super Hornet).

i know badly you wanted Malaysia to be the launch customer. all i can is sorry it won't happened.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I agree with dreamwarrior, JF-17 is out of the question for Malaysia, at least for foreseeable future.

Paxter

ThunderBolt said:
why would malaysia buy more tanks for? do you know where malaysia is? it is covered with very very very dense jungle terrain 70% 10% plantation and 20 % open land more tanks just gives our enemies more targets to take out.To give you a rough idea how dense i am talking about when i played paintball in this forest you were very lucky to be able to see your target more than 8 meters away from you. About not enough hardware... we have alot but not much heavy vech. cause of the obvious reasons... during the rainy season i really doubt our PT-90s will go very far

And for JF-17 ... its an "ok" plane but will never ever get approved by the malaysian gov... at the same time we need to do something about those hawks... 100, 200s

About what can malaysia supply pakistan not much i guess :D unless you want long range UAV, simulators, styer augs, MEKO 100s, ACV 300s then malaysia is ur guy...

siresoul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rawalpindi—Malaysian Chief of Army Staff General Dato Sri Abdul Aziz bin Haji Zainal currently in Pakistan on an official visit on Thursday visited Malaysian Field Hospital in earthquake striken area of Batgram. Vice Chief of Army Staff General Ahsan Saleem Hyat accompanied him.

General Dato Sri Abdul Aziz met the medical staff of the Malaysian Field Hospital and appreciated their efforts for treating the earthquake victims.

General Ahsan Saleem Hyat also lauded the spirit of the Malaysian doctors and paramedics while treating the quake victims and thanked the Malaysian government for its assistance in the time of trial.

It may be mentioned here that Malaysian Field Hospital established in Batagram is a 50-bed hospital where 9 doctors along with other paramedics can undertake five operations daily. The hospital has provided medical treatment to the hundreds of victims in the vicinity till now. Later Malaysian Chief of Army Staff visited Heavy Industries Texila where he was received by Chairman HIT Lieutenant General Israr Ahmed Ghuman.

Malaysian Chef of Army Staff attended a briefing at HIT and took round of different shops established at HIT. He also witnessed a demonstration of tanks at HIT.
www.pakobserver.net
it means that malaysia has shown intrest in tanks as well and there is some talks of malaysian defence annouced that they want to buy some tanks some time back but i don't remember where and when but possibly 7 or 8 moths before

Paxter

witness a tank show does not meen going to buy... but i do think they are shopping for vech to support the tank batallion but for sure they wont be buying mbt or to boast the mech division cause we are building the ACV300 locally and that vech is well known to be the staple diet for the mech divisions.

Also i doubt they will be buying more stuff cause we spend a lot of money on ships and aircraft which is much more important than tanks atm. If they will be a real purchase its prob more anti tank weapons and manpads.

ThunderBolt

What can i say, if you guys live in Malaysia you definatily know more than i do so i believe you. Why do Malaysia not use "single" eingine frontline planes reasons please

dreamwarrior73

ThunderBolt said:
What can i say, if you guys live in Malaysia you definatily know more than i do so i believe you. Why do Malaysia not use "single" eingine frontline planes reasons please
my guess would be the realibility of the redundancy of twin engine. since Malaysia is also a maritime country. most flights most probably would be over water. in case one engine breakdown, the aircraft can still make it home with another engine.

also twin engine the increase survivability of the aircraft in combat. just my 2 cents.

Paxter

ThunderBolt said:
Well for me my guess is because of the vast ocean we got to cover we got the straits of melacca on our left and the south china sea on our right with borneo in the south we need an effective fighter that can 1. go the distance and 2. 2 engines is always better than 1 esp when you have less then 50 main strike fighters.... in times of war this planes have to be able to operate in the most demanding circumstances.

malaysia now with mig 29s and su -30s are excellent air superiority fighters/ multi roll and the F/A 18s being our main anti ship fighters/ multi roll... besides if malaysia wanted a single engine plane they would have bought the grippen which was really considered till they paid for the SU-30 MKM

btw i have nothing against pakistani defence goods just my 2 cents worth on this topic...

Paxter

siresoul said:
it means that malaysia has shown intrest in tanks as well and there is some talks of malaysian defence annouced that they want to buy some tanks some time back but i don't remember where and when but possibly 7 or 8 moths before
those intrest in tanks vanish when they baught the upgraded T-90s all 60 of em... i doubt malaysia would buy more tanks cause in truth we dont really need that many tanks they for sure cant be deployed in sabah or sarawak or the central part of malaysia cause of the dense forrest... if war ever comes this way and our fellow FPA (ANZAC,UK,Singapore) allies forget to help us. the war will be in the deep jungles of malaysia... i really think if any purchase will be done by our side it will be more fire power for the infantry men cause the trend between our two nations has always been manpads or anti tank weapons, or god knows why they baught a whole load of rpgs for the irregulars (prob cause its simple enough for them to handle)