Pakistan Army News and Discussions

aaaditya

WAR said:
Perhaps, owing to economise the budget!!!
Secondly, the concentration would be on air combat in any future would-be war, as evident from the experiences of Gulf/ Afghanistan war. So no need to invest heavily in these sort of things.
wouldnt it better to acquire the new built al-talha armoured personnel carrier(based on the m113 armoured personnel carrier),instead of going for the used m113's and wasting foreign exchange in the process.

fieldmarshal

d_berwal said:
fOR YOUR INFORMATION THEY ARE NOT NEW M113'S but they are used M113's from swedish army. Swedes are auctioning there used M113's and going for new IFV's.

Why does PA always buys used equipment ( same in case of T-80u's)
Where the hel any where in my post does it say that they are new, read before u post.
n its t80ud that the PA opp their is no such tank as t-80u n who told u that they were old/second hand, for ur n ur info alone they were bought brand new from ukraine.

Do some research n try try to read n understand before posting such bs n making an as* of ur self.

fieldmarshal

aaaditya said:
wouldnt it better to acquire the new built al-talha armoured personnel carrier(based on the m113 armoured personnel carrier),instead of going for the used m113's and wasting foreign exchange in the process.
well the swiss are basically selling em for next to nothingnow these babies a re in pretty decent shape i am sure after they are bought they will be upgraded, so not only PA saves time n money but at the same time has quantum leap in its machenized formation in a very short time.

fieldmarshal

WAR said:
Perhaps, owing to economise the budget!!!
Secondly, the concentration would be on air combat in any future would-be war, as evident from the experiences of Gulf/ Afghanistan war. So no need to invest heavily in these sort of things.
This has nothing to do with finances, PA are being intelligent, they will upgrade them n bring em at par with their current apc inventory, its the same as with AL zarrar, they have upgraded improved old t-55/59 into one hell of a tank capabile of matching any thing india or any 1 else can throw at Pak, n all of that at a fraction of the cost of a new tank.

So my hats off to PA in general n POF in particular.

WAR

fieldmarshal said:
This has nothing to do with finances, PA are being intelligent, they will upgrade them n bring em at par with their current apc inventory, its the same as with AL zarrar, they have upgraded improved old t-55/59 into one hell of a tank capabile of matching any thing india or any 1 else can throw at Pak, n all of that at a fraction of the cost of a new tank.

The real test of the capability of Al-Zarar or Al-Khalid would be in actual combat. Though one can asses their performance in various tests on the fields.

fieldmarshal said:
..they have upgraded improved old t-55/59 into one hell of a tank capabile of matching any thing india or any 1 else can throw at Pak, n all of that at a fraction of the cost of a new tank.
One should not be carried away and start psychological warfare. While there is no harm in being patriotic, provided it corresponds to realism. Nationalistic pride initself is good, comparing it with adversaries is inappropriate.

fieldmarshal said:
POF has done a good job, over the years. This organisation has saved million of dollars through self reliance. No doubt about it.

However, with due respect, Pak Army strongly needs to be revamped. This organisation should concentrate in re-assesing and reforming her orientation.

fieldmarshal

WAR said:
The real test of the capability of Al-Zarar or Al-Khalid would be in actual combat. Though one can asses their performance in various tests on the fields. .
Wt other tank currrently opperational in the world other than m1a1 and t-72 have had been in actual ? and their too it was the air support that beat the crap out of the iraqi armour. In todays world of armour the performance of a tank can be measured to the fullest as the trials/test have become very good. So al-zarrar /al-khalid are two very good tanks.

WAR said:
One should not be carried away and start psychological warfare. While there is no harm in being patriotic, provided it corresponds to realism. Nationalistic pride initself is good, comparing it with adversaries is inappropriate..
I dont know if ur trying to be funny or just plain stupid or may be both.

WAR said:
POF has done a good job, over the years. This organisation has saved million of dollars through self reliance. No doubt about it.

However, with due respect, Pak Army strongly needs to be revamped. This organisation should concentrate in re-assesing and reforming her orientation.
Wt the hel ur talkin bout man "PA needs to be revamped", oh i get it ur 1 one of those arm chair warriors who thinks thinks he knows it all as he has turned 16 and the harmones have started jumping and his fathers uncles uncles anties son is a havalder in the PA, who got court martialed, so now any thing and every thing with Pak is in -ve.
I have been through the likes of you before, more like "through n through".;)

f2000

pak has enough tank n apc to counter india formation.the only tank can give problem to pak is t-90.the other tanks is waiting to be retired.
the most important is pak has capability to produce their own tank.
this will give advantage in wartime.

WAR

fieldmarshal said:
Wt other tank currrently opperational in the world other than m1a1 and t-72 have had been in actual ? and their too it was the air support that beat the crap out of the iraqi armour. In todays world of armour the performance of a tank can be measured to the fullest as the trials/test have become very good. So al-zarrar /al-khalid are two very good tanks.

I dont know if ur trying to be funny or just plain stupid or may be both.

Wt the hel ur talkin bout man "PA needs to be revamped", oh i get it ur 1 one of those arm chair warriors who thinks thinks he knows it all as he has turned 16 and the harmones have started jumping and his fathers uncles uncles anties son is a havalder in the PA, who got court martialed, so now any thing and every thing with Pak is in -ve.
I have been through the likes of you before, more like "through n through".;)
Well, in plain words: Do you really want me to elaborate what I meant in my suggestion regarding Pak Army? It would be like washing dirty linen in public, and I suppose would not be appropriate in a public forum like this. But the choice is yours.

Secondly, I think there is no need to be personal. Perceptions may wary, as to how you take things. Atleast we can agree to disagree!!! And this would, I suppose, be one of the factor behind opening up of such forums.

Thirdly, about the age you mentioned: I have crossed that bracket decades ago.

Fourthly, believe me none of my relative was ever court martialled. Yes, the instance of being given 21 gun salute, followed by burial in Pakistan Flag with full military honour, is very much there.

fieldmarshal

WAR said:
Well, in plain words: Do you really want me to elaborate what I meant in my suggestion regarding Pak Army? It would be like washing dirty linen in public, and I suppose would not be appropriate in a public forum like this. But the choice is yours.

by all mean, i am waiting impationtly for ur ellobaration.

WAR said:
Secondly, I think there is no need to be personal. Perceptions may wary, as to how you take things. Atleast we can agree to disagree!!! And this would, I suppose, be one of the factor behind opening up of such forums.
I dont care who u say u are, all i know is that ur a bs artist a wanna be who is trying to be somthing he /she/it is not

WAR said:
Thirdly, about the age you mentioned: I have crossed that bracket decades ago.
u are a kid, just look at ur post n if u are who u say u are ull know wt i am talking about.

WAR said:
Fourthly, believe me none of my relative was ever court martialled. Yes, the instance of being given 21 gun salute, followed by burial in Pakistan Flag with full military honour, is very much there.
Listen man dont try to impress me with this crap about ur family bcause u fool no 1 but ur self n plz do tell who this fellow is n ill tell u a thing or two about him.

L

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Okay ladies, if you can't discuss this topic with some respect to each other than stay out of it.

Consider it the first and the last warning... next offense of any type will land you in the banland.

ThunderBolt

Pakistan really needs proper snipers, for now they only use G3's with scopes but a properly trained sniper can do alot more than just shoot dead on. Does anyone have any info on Pakistani snipers.

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
Pakistan really needs proper snipers, for now they only use G3's with scopes but a properly trained sniper can do alot more than just shoot dead on. Does anyone have any info on Pakistani snipers.
Our SSG's have very well developed snipers capable of spotting the smallest of smallest enemies. They have a standard M82-A1A sniper rifle and some of them are also deployed on the Afghan-Pak border to overwatch and cover troops as they try to make their way into a Terrorist Bunker or a suspicious place for Terrorists. Mostly along the borders that match up with "Tora-Bora" (a range of mountains where Terrorist have a big organization) snipers are also deployed there. they have a so called Sure-shot aim. In training they are thought to shoot a certain target from a hovering helicopter and then even a slightly shaky helicopter. The SSG's do have a two man sniper team, one observer and ofcourse the sniper.

aaaditya

Elite-Pilot said:
Our SSG's have very well developed snipers capable of spotting the smallest of smallest enemies. They have a standard M82-A1A sniper rifle and some of them are also deployed on the Afghan-Pak border to overwatch and cover troops as they try to make their way into a Terrorist Bunker or a suspicious place for Terrorists. Mostly along the borders that match up with "Tora-Bora" (a range of mountains where Terrorist have a big organization) snipers are also deployed there. they have a so called Sure-shot aim. In training they are thought to shoot a certain target from a hovering helicopter and then even a slightly shaky helicopter. The SSG's do have a two man sniper team, one observer and ofcourse the sniper.
hey elite pilot can you tell men how many ssg snipers are allocated per platoon(20 troops)?and how many commando platoons are allocated per 200 troops?

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
hey elite pilot can you tell men how many ssg snipers are allocated per platoon(20 troops)?and how many commando platoons are allocated per 200 troops?
Well to answer that question, before the United States trained our Special Services Group (SSG),a SSG team was formed by a total of 6 men but during the Pakistani Armies modernization program the number was deducted to 4. Acting similar to the U.S. Navy Seals they are thought stealth and precise and accurate kills with the HK-5/silenced. Now regarding your question with the platoons, it is now hard for me to determine that with the previous deduction of SSG commandos per group. In missions the observer was taken out and a rifleman aswell. With 1 sniper,3 rifle-man the Pakistani SSG Commandos do sometimes co-operate with other groups on missions that are relatively large. If I where to tell you how many snipers were in a group of 20, it'd be 5 or 6. Snipers are like sophisticated systems, therefore there cant be too many and not to mention the skills which is also a problem, see for snipers its a "kill" or "miss" option, 50-50. But a sniper always hopes that he gets the "kill" option. :D

ThunderBolt

M82, Anti armour, 2+miles range, 50 cal, this sounds too good man. I really thought that they only used G3s, since they are locally produced. Do you have any idea regarding the amount of these babies (M82).

Besides that i was reading the news on Yahoo, and what i really didn't like was that US ground forces attacked pakistan with missiles killing atleast 8 people (civillians:mad: , women and childeren are among these casulties). Pakistan has already suffered too much after those quakes...

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
M82, Anti armour, 2+miles range, 50 cal, this sounds too good man. I really thought that they only used G3s, since they are locally produced. Do you have any idea regarding the amount of these babies (M82).
Well my friend, I know that the Pakistani Army does use the M82-A1A. But however, most things have a limit and this unfortunately does have one. There are only several 100's left ONLY for the SSG and as you mentioned the G3, thats the one with the normal army. With the M81-A1A nothing always goes perfect. Infact, it has a high chace of jamming on you considering its 50 caliber round. Thats why now the U.S. uses the M87-ELR, this sniper rifle is very accurate and the M87-ELR also has the 50 caliber loaded in it.