Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions

WAR

Two Fighter JF17s arrive in Pakistan

pshamim

Two JF-17 arrived in Pakistan, reassembled and had ground run today according to an excellent source. They will be participating in National Day parade on March 23rd as planned.
Here is the story which further confirm the induction of two JF-17s.
WAR

The link is:
http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp#19276

Two Fighter JF17s arrive in Pakistan
Updated at 1850 PST

ISLAMABAD: Two Fighter Aircrafts JF17s Thunder have been handed over to Pakistan, it was reported on Monday.

The arrival ceremony of the JF-17s Thunder fighter aircraft, jointly developed by China and Pakistan was held at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra.

Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed was the chief guest at the ceremony which was attended by senior ranking officers of Pakistan Air Force and visiting Chinese delegation.

The chief guest inspected the JF-17 Thunder aircraft and met the pilots, engineers and technicians. He greatly appreciated their hard work and devotion for translating a dream into reality.

The two JF-17s had arrived in Pakistan in the first week of March, 2007.
The chief guest, on his arrival at the ceremony, was received by Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra and Air Vice Marshal Farhat Hussain, Chief Project Director JF-17.

The JF-17 Thunder aircraft is scheduled to have its first public appearance in Islamabad, on March 23, during fly past of National Day Joint Services Parade.

JF-17 Thunder aircraft is an advanced multirole Light Combat Aircraft jointly invested and developed by China and Pakistan. It is a key collaboration strategic project between two countries in the military field.

The project has made great success through tremendous efforts and contribution by both sides.
Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force, was the Chief Guest on that historic occasion.

The flight tests of prototype aircraft in China are moving forward smoothly.

In order to speed up the development progress and to facilitate maturity of JF-17s, two aircrafts have arrived in Pakistan for further tests and flight evaluation by Pakistan Air Force.

The flight evaluation to be conducted by PAF will be a great deal of help in improving the performance of aircraft and making the JF-17 aircraft more competitive and reliable.

However, I take note that what is going on on a nations sovereign territory is ultimately its responsibility - so in principle it is not a favour Pakistan is doing when moving against the Talibs - it is their responsibility.
I do agree that its a nation sovereign right to control its territory however we have to consider the terrrain and people who populate it. The people are fiercely independent minded who have never really been under the control of a central government. The Pashtuns have resisted outsiders for centuries and played a major part in defeating the Soviets. IMO, the best solution is assist the Pakistanis in establishing the writ of the govt. in the triball areas which i have outlined in my previous post.

Haven't read the report, but not the picture I've got. Key infrastructure, sanctuary, recruiting, funding and training takes place in Pakistan.
S/2006/727
Report of the Secretary-General on the situation in Afghanistan and its implications for peace and security

5. The insurgency is being conducted mostly by Afghans operating inside
Afghanistan’s borders. However, its leadership appears to rely on support and
sanctuary from outside the country. The insurgency’s current centre of gravity falls
in and around the provinces of Kandahar, Helmand, Uruzgan and increasingly,
Farah. Anti-Government operations nevertheless continue in many parts of the east and south-east and have become an acute concern in Wardak and Logar provinces, close to the capital. The insurgency now covers a broad arc of mostly Pashtundominated territory, extending from Kunar province in the east to Farah province in the west; it also increasingly affects the southern fringe of the central highlands, in Ghor and Day Kundi provinces.

6. Five distinct leadership centres of the insurgency can be identified. They appear to act in loose coordination with each other and a number benefit from financial and operational links with drug trafficking networks. They include: the wing of the Hezb-i-Islami party led by Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, in Kunar province and neighbouring areas; the Taliban northern command, for Nangarhar and Laghman provinces; networks led by Jalaluddin Haqqani, a former minister in the Taliban regime, mainly for Khost and Paktya provinces; the Wana Shura, for Paktika; and the Taliban southern command, for the provinces of Zabul, Kandahar, Hilmand, and Uruzgan. The Taliban southern command has recently begun to establish parallel civil administrations and courts in its area of operations, although they remain
marginal in most districts. Leadership and support structures for the insurgency straddle the southern border of Afghanistan......

link

p.s. I will reply to your last question later. i have to get back to work...

Last edited:

Grand Danois

Entertainer
Can't see my perception should be in conflict with the UN report.

However, a stable development in Afghanistan can't be achieved if the NWF (and Hekmatyar in Iran) is still on the war path. Hence Pakistani cooperation is needed.

griffinoo

Banned Member
Mod edit: Such stupid ignorant posts are not welcome here. Discuss the issue rationally or go elsewhere. First and last warning. AD.

uaf

The pursuit ends in Pakistan. You want NATO to fight the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Pakistan or do want to do it on your own?
Do you really think if NATO shall enter in PAK, Pakistan's is not going to react ?? well don’t underestimate your opponent

1- If you are pointing towards NATO Pakistan conflict brother it wont stop there self integrity can push to use nuclear ONLY if that swill be the case which is not even a possibility in near future so you are doing nothing but flaming this thread as well as others i wonder where is Web Master now , the Sergeants using their position ........ well i think you got it

2-There is every possibility F-16 can come under sanctions Pak was caught unaware before in 1971 again after 1990 (Soviet Collapse) why it can't be against America has long list of Un-Reliability.

Third I dint want to start the war of words actually perhaps you people do have free time SORRY I don’t I would only say one thing for posts like

Establish. Air superiority over their airspace if they try anything funny. and then give them specific areas the NWF folks can move their civilians to. Use ground force to have some control in those civil an areas to make sure...the terrorists are NOT using the civilian areas and then use NAPALM in other areas. clear the vegitation and start the bombing runs.

and still getting away i would only say two things

1-Romans thought that way like they were Gods but ended up as history

2-Before I get the warning leme say “Barking Dogs Seldom Bite”

and America is no GOD pretending to be YEA every rise has a fall (History Proves)

I know the members who are trying to bash Pakistan (and Islam)and getting away its not the first time I wonder Defencetalk is still independent any more or not.

Its no use to have conversation I have been banned once Lieutenant Colonel can do it again any thing against America HE WILL BE BANNED simple … probably next time I sign in I will be

Hola enjoy dudes don’t have enough time

Mod edit: You can disagree all you like with American policies and goals. There is no problem there. It's disrespectful, racist or plain irrational comments that get deleted, no matter WHO makes them. As to our "independance". Wonder all you like. No-one's forcing you to be here or forcing you to leave. Yet. AD.

uaf

So you think America is going to keep Pakistan's money and not deliver on the aircraft, weapons and MLU kits for existing aircraft, that have already been ordered and approved, eh?

America has delivered on every other order you've placed lately. How are all those new UH-1H and AH-1W attack helo's going? Have the TOW and Sidewinder missile shipments arrived yet? They couldn't be too far off. Those P-3C Orions that arrived in Janury 2007, working out okay are they?

Last time America refused to deliver the F-16's was due to Pakistan's development of nuclear weapons, as I recall. It hasn't done anything "outrageous" like this, lately.

I'd wait and see if I were you. The sales and contracts have already been approved by the US Executive and the US Congress, which is already controlled by the Democrats.

It must be wonderful to be able to make pronouncements of such certainty. Tell me, you couldn't pass on the Australian lotto numbers for the coming weekend could you?

I'd appreciate it awfully... :)
Brother you got poor memory

last Time America refused was way back 1990/91 and tested nukes in 1998 the whole game was America didn’t need Pak after Soviet Collapse (end of cold war) at that time Pak deployed Nukes against who ??

US is responsible for chaos in Afghanistan when they ignored it after Russians withdrawal main objective was to defeat Russia it was not about Afghanistan or Pak. Having Pakistan on US side is itself very important for America Pakistan can refuse to use its airspace in case of any sanctions or bill to bind the aid.

Lotto Hey come on do something constructive man ... I wonder if you can actually reach home on your own with such a memory ( Yea I know what’s gona happen to me )

Mod edit: You seem to want to get banned. IS that right? Why don't you simply stop posting?

P.A.F

GEO news has some great coverage of the aircraft. So if you can wait people, turn on the TV:)

umair

Peace Enforcer
Q. JF17 production by Pakistan is quoted as 15 - 20 aircraft per year by 2009. As China has not ordered any at this stage,does that mean China,s production will be sold to the PAF, if this is so,then the PAF could be inducting more than 30 JF17,s per year.
At the moment seems so, but from what I've been hearing from the in service people(PAF &PAC) I know is that there is a high probability of the PLAAF going in for about 200 airframes of it's own.

umair

Peace Enforcer
And to all the others" Can we please get off the NATO-TALIBAN horse and discuss what is supposed be the topic here, ie: the PAF?" Thank you.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
At the moment seems so, but from what I've been hearing from the in service people(PAF &PAC) I know is that there is a high probability of the PLAAF going in for about 200 airframes of it's own.
Cheers mate.If there is a deley in Chinas purchase,it might work out well for the P.A.F.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
Looks like sanctions against Pakistan work in Pakistan's favor.
What is also intriguing is no word from Russia. Am sure that these two birds have RD-93 and were comissioned into PAF. Points to a breakdown in India-Russian cooperation. Can someone explain how this happened.

davedogman

Looks like sanctions against Pakistan work in Pakistan's favor.
What is also intriguing is no word from Russia. Am sure that these two birds have RD-93 and were comissioned into PAF. Points to a breakdown in India-Russian cooperation. Can someone explain how this happened.
What so strange?

It's just two "chinese jets" out on tests in Pakistan. Nothing strange or illegal with that. Of course they can't be sold or combat operational in the PAF with RD93.