Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
At present both the Turkish and the Chinese 5th Gen options seem to be on the table. My hunch is that PAF is seriously looking into the Turkish option. As for J-35, may be its too soon to say. I do know that there was more interest in J-20 than J-35.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Pakistan conduct first flight test of their largest medium range balistic missile system and also their first operational MIRV. Considering the problem with their politics and economic situation, this is quite considerable achievement.

This is also means Pakistan can now cover most of India. This Ababeel is their answer for Indian latest Agni.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

Pakistan conduct first flight test of their largest medium range balistic missile system and also their first operational MIRV. Considering the problem with their politics and economic situation, this is quite considerable achievement.

This is also means Pakistan can now cover most of India. This Ababeel is their answer for Indian latest Agni.

1. This is not the first Ababeel test.

2. 'Most' of India was already covered with Shaheen-II and Ghauri MRBMs.

3. Shaheen-III MRBM covers India in its 'entirety,' including its Aandaman and Nicobar islands.

4. Significance of Ababeel is the MIRV capability, designed to overwhelm India's ABM capability and also make Pakistan's strategic weapons programmes more economical (not necessarily financially only). The missile in itself is proven as it is based on solid-fuel Shaheen series ballistic missiles.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Pakistan has plans to acquire the Chinese SAC FC-31 fifth-generation fighter, according to head of the Pakistan Air Force.
Not much details were given during the ceremony.

Lots of questions about the J-35 (31),FC-31 jet. As a lower cost alternative to the J -20 with the goal of future export sales, the level of stealth is the first question. How much stealth tech should be available to foreign AFs?. This may require different versions. As the PLAN needs a carrier jet, this is another version. Although China could likely afford multiple versions, this takes time and more money. The priority will be a carrier jet with some stealth. If Pakistan is willing to pay the extra cost China may export this version. If not, Pakistan will have to wait and see if China develops a derivative of the PLAN’s carrier jet. Just my two cents.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
20240301_145357.jpg

Nice Photo on JF-17, wondering tough if that configuration can be work out on operational day to day. I don't want to get involve on JF-17 vs Tejas debate that ussualy fill Pakistan and Indian forum. However at present configuration, personally I don't see either Tejas or JF-17 on it's own surpassing each other.