North Korean Military.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some interesting new vehicles were shown at a recent DPRK military parade. Some new MBTs that look like an elongated T-55 cosplaying an M-1 Abrams, new SP Arty, ATGMs that may or may not be NLOS (two new SP ATGM carriers including what appear to be traditional beam-riders in a BTR-derived chassis, and something else entirely), and even a new armored car. It's interesting how much of these are Chinese imports and how much are local efforts.

EDIT: A closer look reveals that the tank seems to borrow some solutions from the Object 148 T-14 including the near-identical looking APS tubes. I can't help but wonder how much of it is real and how much just a mock-up.

They also showed a new road-mobile ICBM that may be able to reach most if not all of the US mainland.

And what appears to be a new short-range SAM similar in layout and design to the Tor family. Please note, China has their own Tor-derived SAM and it's likely that this is how the technology made it into North Korea.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Just add from CNN, seems some Western base analyst regards this as Liquid Fuel Missile. I'm not an expert on missile, so I take the assessment until some other expert can collaborate or refute the assessment.

With that large TEL, bit wondering for me whether the deployment solely with this TEL or also Silo based. Considering the size of it, it will be difficult to make it as purely mobile deployment. That's my opinion considering how big the TEL.

Terran

Some interesting new vehicles were shown at a recent DPRK military parade. Some new MBTs that look like an elongated T-55 cosplaying an M-1 Abrams, new SP Arty, ATGMs that may or may not be NLOS (two new SP ATGM carriers including what appear to be traditional beam-riders in a BTR-derived chassis, and something else entirely), and even a new armored car. It's interesting how much of these are Chinese imports and how much are local efforts.

EDIT: A closer look reveals that the tank seems to borrow some solutions from the Object 148 T-14 including the near-identical looking APS tubes. I can't help but wonder how much of it is real and how much just a mock-up.
I don’t think they are an APS my bet is smoke grenade canister launchers, as there seems to be no other tubes that would fill that role.

the blog you linked to pointed to a new armored command car. Back in 2018 the KPA seem to have started showing up in these vehicles. Armored Cars: North Korean Protected 4×4
It kinda reminds me of the Chinese Bj2022 “Brave Warrior”. Where the 2018 model was boxy this new one looks more like a general MRAP. Previously the DPRK used a mix of Imported Mercedes G Wagons or Chinese BJ40s, UAZ Hunter, GAZ69 either as imports or copies.

I find it interesting that the DPRK is suddenly all about desert camo to.
any way the monster TEL.

Just add from CNN, seems some Western base analyst regards this as Liquid Fuel Missile. I'm not an expert on missile, so I take the assessment until some other expert can collaborate or refute the assessment.

With that large TEL, bit wondering for me whether the deployment solely with this TEL or also Silo based. Considering the size of it, it will be difficult to make it as purely mobile deployment. That's my opinion considering how big the TEL.
Given its size and how hard it would be to move such a monster around as well as the liquid fuel issue I am guessing that they are building hardened shelters somewhere. Probably in the side of a mountain. A sort of horizontal silo park the TEL inside and close the door. Wait till doomsday.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The smoke launchers are inside the basket behind the turret. Andrei-bt points them out in the close ups. Of course its also possible that these aren't even real, just mock-ups.