New Coronavirus threat

At lakes

Today or tomorrow I shall head off for the third jab (booster). My daughter tells me that the nurses at her work said to drink a lot of fluids, because the after affects of the booster jab are stronger than those of the first two. All of my jabs are the Pfizer vaccine.
What fluid does your daughter recommend, distilled or fermented

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Well I just say a pox on all pollies. May the fleas from 10,000 camels infest their armpits and may their arms be to short to reach their armpits.

Today or tomorrow I shall head off for the third jab (booster). My daughter tells me that the nurses at her work said to drink a lot of fluids, because the after affects of the booster jab are stronger than those of the first two. All of my jabs are the Pfizer vaccine.

Speaking of vaccines, I am also entitled to get the shingles vaccine free until October. After that it will cost me in excess of $200.00 for the jab. I have a year from last October to get it because here you are only entitled for the free jab for the first year from the date of 65th birthday. The interesting thing is you can't have it a month either side of the Pfizer COVID-19 jab. Only found both of those things out the other day.
For me, the booster was no problem (Pfizer). Previous shots were Pfizer then Moderna.

hauritz

Well I just got diagnosed with Covid. Didn't think I was taking any risks but I caught it sometime between Xmas and New Year. I am not too ill. I am double vaxxed so hopefully that will mitigate the symptoms. At the moment those symptoms are a bit of a fever, headache that wont quit and a dry cough.

hauritz

Thanks but I am pretty sure I will recover. To be honest I think it is just a matter of time before just about everybody contracts it. Hopefully new variants will be a lot milder.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Well I just got diagnosed with Covid. Didn't think I was taking any risks but I caught it sometime between Xmas and New Year. I am not too ill. I am double vaxxed so hopefully that will mitigate the symptoms. At the moment those symptoms are a bit of a fever, headache that wont quit and a dry cough.
Bugger. Here's hoping for a quick and full recovery.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find it strange that Singapore is in talks with the US embassy after the CDC said the city state's virus situation was “unknown” and urged citizens not to travel there. I would like to know what the new US Ambassador to Singapore (@USAmbSG ) is doing to cure this Team Biden own goal in managing Covid-19?

Health minister Ong says 150,000 PCR tests are administered each week. “Just to be clear, we know our situation very well.”

“I do think it’s bizarre,” said Ooi Eng Eong, a professor of emerging infectious diseases at Duke-NUS Medical School, adding that Singapore tests so much that “we know more than what most people look for.”

The SG-American govts are supposed to work together on an international Covid-19 response and yet, Team Biden cannot even bother to call Singapore for data or clarifications, if CDC has concerns or questions?

US reports 763,878 new coronavirus cases in one day, setting world record — the Americans are doing us a favour by stopping travel there, as travel to America increases risk to Singapore from returning Singaporean travellers. Singaporeans can no longer apply the presumption of competence with regards to the US Government, with Team Biden. How many own goals does Team Biden need to score?

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group

This survey for me justify some health experts calculation that actually the level of infection perhaps close to 3 times plus then the official tally during the peak of Delta. I have read hard copy on death rate in Indonesia that increase compared to normal death rate before COVID. Only half of the increase officially tally as COVID related.

The point that I want to put, Indonesia eventough only 41% fully vaccinated Nation wide by end of 2021 (another 30% at least have one shoot), and calculate 2/3 of Java (as most populated area plus most infection) fully vaccinated, it's more than average of Global developing countries. Thus imagine the real infection level Globally especially in sub Sahara Africa.

The antibodies calculate not for current COVID types not new mutations like omicron. However perhaps this's also the reason even with much less health infrastructure, Africa where omicron consider first developed still not having the same amount of severity cases like when Delta spread in middle last year.

Off course all of this only early indication, and can't be considered that Global population already near reaching mass immunity. However on the other hand, this perhaps sign where the Pandemic going to be become endemic after all. Perhaps we just going to use COVID shoot regularly as Flu shoot. Perhaps next vaccine will combine for all Corona based virus.

hauritz

Well now I know first hand what it is like to have Covid. I suspect my case would be regarded as mild but I still wouldn't recommend it. My wife contracted it as well so we are still trying to work out which one of us gave it to the other.

One interesting side effect is that I have lost my sense of smell. My doctor says it will probably return slowly over the next month or two. My wife is also short of breath most of the time and even the slightest bit of physical exertion wears me out pretty quickly.

My wife and I are definitely on the mend but I suspect it will be a few more weeks before we get back to normal again.

For those wondering what it feels like just imagine the aching body and fever you might get with a bad case of the flu, plus a migraine and perhaps throw in an asthma attack on top of that.

vonnoobie

For those wondering what it feels like just imagine the aching body and fever you might get with a bad case of the flu, plus a migraine and perhaps throw in an asthma attack on top of that.
So how i feel when I know the whole family is getting together? :p

In all seriousness hope all goes well for you both.

swerve

Super Moderator
Well now I know first hand what it is like to have Covid. I suspect my case would be regarded as mild but I still wouldn't recommend it. My wife contracted it as well so we are still trying to work out which one of us gave it to the other.

One interesting side effect is that I have lost my sense of smell. My doctor says it will probably return slowly over the next month or two. My wife is also short of breath most of the time and even the slightest bit of physical exertion wears me out pretty quickly.

My wife and I are definitely on the mend but I suspect it will be a few more weeks before we get back to normal again.

Good news!

"I suspect it will be a few more weeks before we get back to normal again."
Someone's looked at professional footballers. They're all young & fit & tend to get a quick diagnosis & good treatment, but it usually takes them over three months to get fitness back. That's based on when they return to playing at the same frequency as before falling ill, though, so a high standard.

hauritz

Good news!

Someone's looked at professional footballers. They're all young & fit & tend to get a quick diagnosis & good treatment, but it usually takes them over three months to get fitness back. That's based on when they return to playing at the same frequency as before falling ill, though, so a high standard.
Well I was never that fit in the first place so the bar of full fitness is set a little lower.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group

Did you have Delta or Omicron? I had the latter, symptoms more minor and no loss of smell.

At lakes

Meet the Kovids: These people share the same name as the Covid-19 pandemic

If one can have a laugh at the expense of Covid19 and not offend anyone then one should grab it with both hands.

The article relates to the issues one Kovid Kapoor has had in India. On his 30th Birthday the baker send his birthday cake back with “Happy Birthday Covid30” so now he just tells everyone on social media that he has been Kovid positive since 1990.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Good news!

But, but, Mr Novax Joker said he had COVID on 16th Dec and yet he can turn up fully fit for the Australian Open starting 17th Jan? Mmmmmmm

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
But, but, Mr Novax Joker said he had COVID on 16th Dec and yet he can turn up fully fit for the Australian Open starting 17th Jan? Mmmmmmm
I read that if Novax Jokavitch loses the court case he could be barred from Australia for three years.
how sad to bad never mind.jpg